• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2024
    POKéMON CRYSTALDUST BETA 2 IS RELEASED!!!!!

Yes, that's right, the release nobody expected! (well, maybe a few people) You can download the shiny new copy in the first post, and as always, report any and all bugs you find to me ASAP!

Thanks and have fun! :D
    There hasn't been a release in two and a half years. I'm so sad that I don't get to finish this game before I die :(
    jk jk
    Can't wait for Beta 3 though. Diego, you can do it!!!
    Here is a full map of Kanto, just in case you need it. This makes me wonder, how do you leave the Kanto region using the Vermilion city boat? There doesnt seem to be a water passage.
    https://www.vgmaps.com/Atlas/GB-GBC/Pokemon-GSC-Kanto.png
    Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

AF13unown

My english is bad xD
    Years
  • hey Diego, i success trading pokemon on your game
    but using old version on same game {XD} idk exactly what version it is, but it works and still not work with another game
    now i can collect starter and get more shiny poke from egg coupon
    after trade finished, save state it on old version and load state it on new version in goldenrod city pokemon center {:3}

View attachment 73391

View attachment 73392

oh, i cant wait for beta 3 too {XD} and i hope can get more pokemon
    keep up the good work! ^^

oh, i success trade from another rom too (emerald)
    but only allow specific pokemon
    on crystaldust rom only allow zubat/golbat from victoryroad and i think same for emerald too, only pokemon that have location info from victoryroad too, because i try it with golbat from same location and it work
    and now i have evolutionary stone on my bag {XD}

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2020
    diego hello, how's the beta 3? it will be the full game or launched other betas? you think you can loose it this year?

MrAPT1

That one guy who does stuff
    Years
  • Just dropping in to show off the compilation of a few encounter themes that I've worked on for the hack.

(You guys have probably already heard the youngster encounter, but I believe no one has heard the Lass or Beauty encounter remixes yet.)

Enjoy!

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
    Years
  • So diego, hows the progress on beta 3? And what will be implemented in beta 3? Loving this game :)
    Progress on Beta 3: 0%
    Sorry to have to break the news, but I haven't progressed on anything story-wise since the release of Beta 2. I've mainly been working on new features and improvements, including a huge feature that I can't wait to show you guys!
    I really like this ROM hack, it feels like a real Pokemon game that Game Freak made, especially since it's a remake. This is one of my top favorite Pokemon ROM hacks, keep up the good work diego! I can't wait for beta 3. :)
    Thank you!
    I really love this hack, best remake of crystal <3
    I was defeat etile 4 and champion of johto :) and i can't wait until the next beta release to travel to kanto :D
    Thanks for playing!
    Very good hack but playing soulsilver/heartgold with a ds emu on my phone is the best way of experiencing a johto remake xD
    Well, to each their own.
    There hasn't been a release in two and a half years. I'm so sad that I don't get to finish this game before I die :(
    jk jk
    Can't wait for Beta 3 though. Diego, you can do it!!!
    Here is a full map of Kanto, just in case you need it. This makes me wonder, how do you leave the Kanto region using the Vermilion city boat? There doesnt seem to be a water passage.
    https://www.vgmaps.com/Atlas/GB-GBC/Pokemon-GSC-Kanto.png
    Hah, I'm fine, I don't need a Kanto map.
    Thanks for supporting me though!
    hey Diego, i success trading pokemon on your game
    but using old version on same game {XD} idk exactly what version it is, but it works and still not work with another game
    now i can collect starter and get more shiny poke from egg coupon
    after trade finished, save state it on old version and load state it on new version in goldenrod city pokemon center {:3}

oh, i cant wait for beta 3 too {XD} and i hope can get more pokemon
    keep up the good work! ^^

oh, i success trade from another rom too (emerald)
    but only allow specific pokemon
    on crystaldust rom only allow zubat/golbat from victoryroad and i think same for emerald too, only pokemon that have location info from victoryroad too, because i try it with golbat from same location and it work
    and now i have evolutionary stone on my bag {XD}
    That's really weird, but if it works, it works.
    diego hello, how's the beta 3? it will be the full game or launched other betas? you think you can loose it this year?
    Beta 3 will be what many consider to be a "completed Crystal remake". However, that doesn't mean I'm done with CrystalDust; the Sevii Islands will be after that.
    If the base is Emerald, does that mean there will be a Battle Frontier included sometime in the future?
    Yeah, on the island where Trainer Hill used to be in the Sevii Islands.

Miah

╮( ^ ∇ ^")╭
    Years
  • oooh...!
    i played this hack... it was... FUN!
    I FOUND A BUG!!!(actually i found it months ago. i just forgot to post it...
    It's for the bug catching contest. When the guard says "Are you ready for this?" The game freezes!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAH!! I WAS AIMING FOR THE SUN STONE!!! NO!!!!!!! Well, i was aiming for the sun stone so i can evolve sunkern into sunflora.
    -----------------
    Good luck on the next beta and God Bless~!

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2021
    Hey Diego, you said you are working on new features and improvements, but are you going to show them on the beta 3 or there will be just an update of the beta 2?
    Hope you find some time to work on this awesome hack, you are the best!

Sierraffinity

Years
  • oooh...!
    i played this hack... it was... FUN!
    I FOUND A BUG!!!(actually i found it months ago. i just forgot to post it...
    It's for the bug catching contest. When the guard says "Are you ready for this?" The game freezes!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAH!! I WAS AIMING FOR THE SUN STONE!!! NO!!!!!!! Well, i was aiming for the sun stone so i can evolve sunkern into sunflora.
    -----------------
    Good luck on the next beta and God Bless~!
    I'll have to look into this for the next update.
    Hey Diego, you said you are working on new features and improvements, but are you going to show them on the beta 3 or there will be just an update of the beta 2?
    Hope you find some time to work on this awesome hack, you are the best!
    Well, the one big feature I mentioned is coming to an update to Beta 2. :D

Years
  • Firstly, I'm sorry if this question has been asked about a million times already. But will the phone card have a function in the next update or beta? Just asking though.Btw, I enjoy playing your game~

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    This hack has come a long way since it started. It looks excellent. I'm gonna try out the latest release soon.

Sierraffinity

Years
  • Is it possible to add reusable TM's and BW2 repel system in beta 3?
    Well technically, it's "possible", but in order to preserve CrystalDust as an accurate remake, I won't be including them.
    Firstly, I'm sorry if this question has been asked about a million times already. But will the phone card have a function in the next update or beta? Just asking though.Btw, I enjoy playing your game~
    Probably. It could very well be what I'm working on right now. But maybe not. ;)
    This hack has come a long way since it started. It looks excellent. I'm gonna try out the latest release soon.
    Cool, can't wait to hear your thoughts!

No new updates today, but I'd like to welcome aboard a new addition to CrystalDust's "team": Jilly Shears! He's going to take some of the burden of music creation off MrAPT1's back, and he's already made a few themes to show off his skill!

Not to mention, Jilly's music got MrAPT1 inspired, and so he made this:

Have a happy holiday season, everyone!

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2024
    ZOMG our master is back with some news. Looking forward to the update. Welcome Jilly. Cute name. Love the Lapras avatar. Reminds me of the cute Gold/Silver intro. Back to Alpha Sapphire.

Back