• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2015
    Thanks for the update, even with little increments and inputs I appreciate all the work you guys are doing for this game, and as a lot of supporters have already said it looks more fitting as a remake than hgss. I appreciate all the new stuff brought up, the wifi feature, the pokegear (beta from youtube video). Just a suggestion, maybe you can change the coloring for the pokegear beta since I think it copies from fr/lg's pc item background as placeholder right?

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
    Years
  • New post from diegoisawesome?
    Half Life 3 confirmed
    Hah, I guess you haven't been here in a while, since I post about once or twice every month (I think).
    I have a question
    If you ever continue to work again will you add Physical/Special Spilt?
    I'm not thinking of adding it. I want this to be as close to a direct remake of Crystal as you can get.
    I don't think there is a patch for Emerald. The P/S split only supports FireRed. I might be wrong though.
    Well there is a way to add it in which I could do, but I've elected not to.
    Thanks for the update, even with little increments and inputs I appreciate all the work you guys are doing for this game, and as a lot of supporters have already said it looks more fitting as a remake than hgss. I appreciate all the new stuff brought up, the wifi feature, the pokegear (beta from youtube video). Just a suggestion, maybe you can change the coloring for the pokegear beta since I think it copies from fr/lg's pc item background as placeholder right?
    Well, I guess the cat's out of the bag! The feature I've been working for ages on is in fact a new Pokégear, made completely from scratch in C!
    Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Sorry I've kept it a secret for so long, but I didn't want to show it off until I had enough progress to warrant it. These two cards are the only ones that I would consider "completed", so that's what you'll get today. In the future, once other cards are completed, you can be sure I'll be showing those off too!

Also, to answer your question:
    Just a suggestion, maybe you can change the coloring for the pokegear beta since I think it copies from fr/lg's pc item background as placeholder right?
    I think the background looks good as it is, but I'm open to any suggestions you might have.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2024
    Well, I guess the cat's out of the bag! The feature I've been working for ages on is in fact a new Pokégear, made completely from scratch in C!

Sorry I've kept it a secret for so long, but I didn't want to show it off until I had enough progress to warrant it. These two cards are the only ones that I would consider "completed", so that's what you'll get today. In the future, once other cards are completed, you can be sure I'll be showing those off too!
    Some progress!!!! Very Beautiful. But why L/R and not UP/DOWN?

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2015

Also, to answer your question:

I think the background looks good as it is, but I'm open to any suggestions you might have.
    I'm sorry if you felt forced to reveal it out since I couldn't help mentioning it when I watched an old youtube video run of the pokegear. I'm not sure what color to suggest other than something that resembles crystal. Also if others would like a new color too, but if not I don't mind getting the default one, thanks for being open to discussing it by the way. :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2017
    I went into sprout tower at night but I only encountered rattatas. Is this intended or is my emulater derping?

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2017
    The day/night thing isn't a big deal to me but is there any early level place to catch a ghastly though?
    I'm enjoying going though Johto in a gen 3 format. :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2019
    Sorry if I repeat previously asked question, I didn't read all pages, just few random ones:

1. Does this hack got gen. 4 style attack/special attack split?
    2. Do you limit avaible pokemon to those that was avaible in Crystal, or is it possible to get all 252?
    3. Can we get Celebi?

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2024
    Sorry if I repeat previously asked question, I didn't read all pages, just few random ones:

1. Does this hack got gen. 4 style attack/special attack split?
    No. Not yet. Possibly never.
    2. Do you limit avaible pokemon to those that was avaible in Crystal, or is it possible to get all 252?
    As of Beta 2, it is impossible, but it is planned.
    3. Can we get Celebi?
    Yes, in the future. Diego is planning his own in-game event to get Celebi
    Responses are in bold. Use the search function.

ElectricN

*006119011483‬
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2019
    this has turned out to be my favorite hack. as someone who loves the gsc series, but gets tired of the old graphics, and cant run the hgss roma without them going as slow as possible, this is exactly what i wanted! just want the kanto region now, then maybe the red battle

Unbalanced

Divine
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2015
    If i remember right you can find ursaring in the dark cave in this hack but i dont remember seeing a teddiursa
    You could breed a ditto with ursaring to get 1

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Wow, this game has been going on for almost five years? O.o I'll definitely give it a shot, it seems very cool. But there's no screenshots of Kris in the main post. LOL She should be the main selling point since everyone wishes she'd been in the real remakes over Lyra.

Back