• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond hack: Pokémon DarkDiamond

Should I replace the Galactic Grunt and Admin battle themes with N's battle themes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I congratulate you on this project good luck and i can wait for beta 2!

Is this even active anymore? Heloooo?!

Last edited by a moderator:

Pingouin_7

My opinion on the new Gym Leader battle theme:
    The start sounds a bit weird to me, but the rest is amazing.
    This "devamp" of the original music actually sounds better than the original.

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2019
    I have some news from the hack.

First of all, the graphics part is about 95% complete for the beta, and the music part is 100% complete. The scripts are 60% done, and that means we may have a delay of the release date (may move to early January 2012). The rest of things are ok.

But what I really want to show you now is this:

Pokémon DarkDiamond

I'm sure you recognize this texture from the events in Diamond and Pearl involving Dialga and Palkia. In my opinion, it is really outdated and looks sort of ugly. What I'm going to do is to run some kind of "contest" for people to post new textures to replace this one. I'll choose the best, which will make its way to the hack. The only limits are:

1. Image must be 256x256 pixels in size, and 256 colours in depth.
    2. Image must be "continuous", I have to be able to extend it (look at the image above and you'll see repeating the image in any side makes it bigger).
    3. Image must have a transparent background colour.

You can start posting your images in 3, 2, 1... NOW!

Have fun! :D

EdensElite

No0b, but getting there.
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 4, 2014
    What tools do you use? I'm interested in DS hacking but don't know what to use.

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2019
    Guys, I'm really sorry for this but the beta won't be finished for Christmas. It may appear in early 2012, but I can't promise anything. I've been trying to script today and I'm not able to produce what I want, and glitches are appearing everywhere.

There may be a point where this hack will be stopped, but I don't wanna think in that now. The beta will be ready one day, just wait a bit more.

Thank you very much, I hope you understand how I'm feeling now :)

Hacker Bisharp

Bug reporter
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2019
    First of all hello!
    Fantastic hack .....
    I would like to know if the beta 2 is only provided in English or in other lingauges through narc
    This hack deserves to be translated into other languages!
    Sorry for English but I'm Italian XD.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2013
    I'm sure you recognize this texture from the events in Diamond and Pearl involving Dialga and Palkia.

I don't recognize this texture at all, from which cutscene is it?

First of all hello!
    Fantastic hack .....
    I would like to know if the beta 2 is only provided in English or in other lingauges through narc
    This hack deserves to be translated into other languages!

Well, I live in Europe too and I don't think there is need to translate it since official games aren't translated either. And not that much people play this hack anyway. Love the hack though:)

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2019
    I would say I've progressed a bit, I think. The first new script in the beta isn't working properly, and I can't skip it and make the rest because they are all sequential and connected with flags and variables.

The rest of the game is 100% done (I even have a new titlescreen courtesy of Mucrush) :P

UPDATE: PPRE worked incredibly well an hour ago and I was able to do the first script in less than 5 minutes, even the variables. If this continues working, RELEASE IN A WEEK PEOPLE!!!

Last edited:

Pingouin_7

Could we get a screenshot of the titlescreen? I'm interested in seeing it.
    Unless you want to keep the suspense until release, which I kinda agree with.

Good luck on the project, because this really is the best DS hack I've seen so far.
    Have you been able to find another Dialga/Palkia cutscene texture?

2) ...This is DS hack...

You have to understand that this started out as a GBA hack, though.
    This might be the reason why this person was confused.

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2019
    Is anyone experiencing freezings when trying to enter Twinleaf Town after completing Beta 1? Please try and tell me, there may be a glitch

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back