• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Just saw a let's play of this hack on YouTube, it looks really interesting.

This is a small niggle...but will we be able to rename the gender we don't pick? I usually rename them...so it would seem odd to randomly have this girl called green when I gave the other two non colour names.

Again it's small but it's the kind of thing that gets under my skin. :P

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 2, 2013
Wonderful rom hack, probably the best I've played. Can't wait for it to be completed!

I'm currently in Cerulean City. I've found one minor bug : Misty says she'll give the player the Scald TM but instead its Water Pulse. Was it meant to be scald, but became Water Pulse because you replaced her pokemons' moves, or did you mean for it to be WP but left the dialogue as 'Scald'?

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
6_zps8f2959f3.png

What route is this?
I don't recall it?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
It looks like route 15 which is east of fuchia city idk for sure i checked route 15 on bulbapedia and i saw a spot that looked quite similar to this picture check it out

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
The planks on the walk are really haphazard and I don't know if I like that or not. The corner pieces seem to be made of gray tin while the walk pieces seem like they would be held together by glue with straw borders. Like, the tiles look nice themselves, but I don't think they look fitting. Probably just a personal taste thing, and maybe it would look better as some gameplay. Screens look nice, as always. Keep up the good work
I just copied how the Bridges look like in HG/SS while making it stylistically R/S/E-ish.

Just saw a let's play of this hack on YouTube, it looks really interesting.

This is a small niggle...but will we be able to rename the gender we don't pick? I usually rename them...so it would seem odd to randomly have this girl called green when I gave the other two non colour names.

Again it's small but it's the kind of thing that gets under my skin. :P
That would require setting aside some RAM space as well as ASM I can't do. And to be honest the only reason I let you name Blue is because it feels kinda wrong to not be able to name him, as there's always people that want to call him "Idiot" or something. But in DarkViolet's planned sequel, the three characters names will be Red, Blue, and Green, and you won't be able to name them.

Wonderful rom hack, probably the best I've played. Can't wait for it to be completed!

I'm currently in Cerulean City. I've found one minor bug : Misty says she'll give the player the Scald TM but instead its Water Pulse. Was it meant to be scald, but became Water Pulse because you replaced her pokemons' moves, or did you mean for it to be WP but left the dialogue as 'Scald'?
What happened was I meant to change everything back to Water Pulse, and the text string for her giving Water Pulse is actually in the ROM, but I apparently didn't change the pointer to it. I don't know if it's worth releasing a Beta 1.2 over this one little detail.

6_zps8f2959f3.png

What route is this?
I don't recall it?
It's Route 15.

Years
  • Seen May 14, 2014
Amazing hack !!!
i love the tilesets
btw how does murkrow evolve?
i didnt see the dusk stone added
so i was wondering how does he evolve...

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Amazing hack !!!
i love the tilesets
btw how does murkrow evolve?
i didnt see the dusk stone added
so i was wondering how does he evolve...
The Dusk Stone is added, you just can't obtain it yet. Murkrow evolves via Dusk Stone, just like in the official games.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 2, 2013
The Dusk Stone is added, you just can't obtain it yet. Murkrow evolves via Dusk Stone, just like in the official games.

Wanted to ask a similar question. Love Honchkrow.

What happened was I meant to change everything back to Water Pulse, and the text string for her giving Water Pulse is actually in the ROM, but I apparently didn't change the pointer to it. I don't know if it's worth releasing a Beta 1.2 over this one little detail.

Yeah, its no biggie. Scald would have been nice as a TM though :p

~Shy

Excuse my grammar I'm Filipino
Years
lol that note good hack
is the hack half done? how many GYM Leaders in the beta? if so I might play it if not I'll wait in next release.
Thanks

Soul Saint

Ghost~
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
lol that note good hack
is the hack half done? how many GYM Leaders in the beta? if so I might play it if not I'll wait in next release.
Thanks

You can fight up to the 3rd gym, and then make it all the way to the entrance to Rock Tunnel. The current beta was pretty fun. The next release is said to be the full game itself. When will that be, I don't know, but either waiting for the full game or giving this beta a go, I'd say this hack is worth a play-through.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
I say we wait cause if we play up to rock tunnel,which is basically half the game we just have to play it all over again from the beginning when the full game comes out , thus ruining the adventure. It looks really good and it's totally worth the wait <3

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I say we wait cause if we play up to rock tunnel,which is basically half the game we just have to play it all over again from the beginning when the full game comes out , thus ruining the adventure. It looks really good and it's totally worth the wait <3
You won't have to start over from the beginning, you can continue right where you left off when the full version comes out.

Yukari

Looks good enough I definitely think It's better than fire red. :)

PokeEpicStudios

EpicStudios
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 13, 2014
The Viridian Gym Leader is Your Rival older sister daisy cause I played beta 1 i lost my save cause of that glitch and she used a Sandslash a Ground-type pokemon.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
i literally can't find the words to describe how amazing this game is.. and i'm only at viridian forest....
i have a couple of questions though...where do you find a male nidoran i need it for my team i found a female one but i like nidoking more so..help?
and chaos rush thx for telling me you can continue the full game where you left off on beta 1.1 i immediately started when i heard.. keep up the fantastic work

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2015
Having only played 2 rather hacks before this, I can say this is probably my favourite. I really enjoyed the changes you have made, both rivals, the Silver-esq one and the new Pokemon around. Don't enjoy Giovanni not being a gym leader but I can understand why you could've moved him so I won't complain much about it.

A few pluses and minus I have noticed:
Pluses:
- New Pokemon around. Makes building a team more fun
- New Pokemon for gym leaders and trainers
- Underground Market. Brilliant idea. Loved it
- Some random dialogue I've seen really made the laugh. Like the stalker kid and friendzoning

Minuses:
- Early difficulty. Started with a Charmander and without Metal Claw I felt like he struggled a bit. I did have a Nidoran M but had to have him evolve before Brock became beatable. Metal Claw at 16 (since he doesn't evolve) could make this easier
- Later difficulty. I'm not sure if it was because I was mainly using Charmander, Nidoran M and Spearow for the game but after the Nugget Bridge I was flatrolling the game. If Nidoran M had better moves most of the game wouldn't be a challenge.
- The Nugget Bridge has a glitch. You can re-battle the guy who gives you a nugget. Thanks to that guy I had like 11 nuggets and my mons between 27 and 30.

Other than those things, amazing and I cannot wait until the full version is released. Keep at it!

Back