• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

Years
I have a Magnetzone and I never experienced any freezing or crashes when I used it in battles. Only thing keeping me finishing this Beta is Sabrina, I can't land one attack on her before she butchers me with f'ing Psychic. All my Pokemon are like below Lv 50, you all should ponder how I made this far with fairly underleveled Pokemon at this point XD

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I have a Magnetzone and I never experienced any freezing or crashes when I used it in battles. Only thing keeping me finishing this Beta is Sabrina, I can't land one attack on her before she butchers me with f'ing Psychic. All my Pokemon are like below Lv 50, you all should ponder how I made this far with fairly underleveled Pokemon at this point XD
Did you battle every Trainer? Just so you know, the level curve is designed under the assumption that you battle every Trainer. My Pokemon were Lv52-55 when I reached Sabrina, and I had a full team of six.

Where I can get Horsea and a lot of/infinite Heart Scales?
You can get a Horsea by fishing with the Good Rod on Route 12. You can buy Heart Scales in Vermilion City. You can get the Good Rod in Vermilion City also.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
Bug Found, my game sometimes went freeze when I send out my Magnezone in trainer battles...

I've experienced the EXACT same glitch with my Nidorino (which is why I came to post on this thread today actually.)
Nidorino was in the lead with Quick Claw equipped, saved before Brock.
I tried sending out Pidgey first, then it froze again in the same way when manually switching to Nidorino.

Then I left to Route 2 to see if it was just Brock, but it seemed to work fine in a wild battle. Then I went back to Brock and it worked fine now.

Not sure if Quick Claw posed a problem, because I removed it before the wild battle and hadn't re-equipped it before going back to Brock. Might be worth investigating.

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2021
I completed beta 2 and I have to say that I had also problems - when my pokemon gained new level game freezed and I wasn't know why. Certain Pokemon met certain enemy Pokemon, defeat it and bam! It's easy solution for that - you change your Pokemon and even if the first Pokemon gets level, games doesn't freeze.

NeoSpeedFreak

A piece of meat
Years
Can you bring back the evolution changes list? I want to know how to evolve Rhydon and Seadra.
And also when does Murkrow stop learning moves?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 19, 2014
@chaos rush thank you for the guide, but will the full game release for the next update be the last one?

Years
I was hoping as i got through the game i would find some tier 1 gen III pokes personally no matter what rom i play i always make a dragon team and when i saw swablu i had hopes for a trapinch but pokes like sunkern and hoppip take priority :/ im glad you use bw move sets though i did the whole game with dragonite

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
@chaos rush thank you for the guide, but will the full game release for the next update be the last one?
The next release will be Beta 2.1 which will hopefully address the game freezing Quick Claw/level up bug.

Karinmo

☜(ˆ▽ˆ)
Years
Thank you so much for Beta 2, I am so excited to start playing-

Also, how long have you been working on this hack in all?

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Thank you so much for Beta 2, I am so excited to start playing-

Also, how long have you been working on this hack in all?
This current incarnation I have been working on since August 2012. However, I've had this whole concept of a modernized Kanto remake since late 2009 (just look at my past threads), and that concept I've had has heavily evolved over the years into what you see today.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 19, 2014
Are you supposed to be able to fight the team rocket member who gives you the nugget multiple times? I forget if this was fixed or already addressed.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Loving it! Hardest part though is trying to figure out who I want on my team. Right now it's Blastoise, Scyther, Magmar, and Magneton. Can't figure out for the life of me who the other two are going to be just yet.

Years
i have encountered a bug in the safari zone i came up to the guy at the end that used to give me surf in pokemon fire red but now when i talk to him he says: HM03 is Surf,Pokemon will be able to ferry you across water using it.
And, this HM isn't disposable, so you can use it over and over.
You're super lucky for winning this fabulous prize!

and i don't get anything...

Last edited by a moderator:

Karinmo

☜(ˆ▽ˆ)
Years
I found a glitch-

When I said no to using another super repel, a trainer near by stopped moving. I talked to him and the game froze, causing me to loose 2+ hours of play time :/

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 25, 2014
Bug found. My game freezes when I fight against my rivals in the SS Anne.

Back