• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

Years
  • Yeah better wait for a full version only try the betas if you want to help bug testing because your save wont be useful when a new beta comes out
    (You can still use the save but it may glitch your game big time)

I love the bike in this hack btw its easy to handle and feels different than the 1 from firered

TXV

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2014
    Was delighted to see that my Bulbasaur had Chlorophyl! Excited to play more.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2018
    My game crashes everytime I try to use Flash Cannon and oddly enough, why can't Honchkrow learn Steel Wing?

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2017
    Well it depends with a hack and changes made with a new beta + maybe there are small bugs you didnt noticed...
    Still if you want the best experience always start with a new save with a new beta

Well, that does make some sense. I'll keep this in mind. However, as long as nothing too noticeably off happens, or something that prevents me from completing the story, it should probably be fine.

Years
  • I guess that Seafoam Islands is going to have trainers like Skier and Boarder on the floor that had trainers on it, or other similar trainers. Also I wonder if the Fisherman on Route 21 has returned with six Magikarps yet, unless he has different Pokemon. Also will the Pokemon Mansion look like how it did in Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green like the Pokemon Tower does in a way, and Cinnabar Island's gym probably will look the same too? Also I can't open the Pokedex and evolution guide from the first post, because it instead opens up on WordPad.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    The game crashes when I try to use flash cannon. The animation for charge works fine but it crashes after that.
    It doesn't crash on VBA nor does it crash on hardware. To my understanding it only crashes on GBA4iOS and probably other mobile emulators.

Man !!! this is one Hell of a Hack !! i'm Waiting for you to finish it Chaos Rush !!! i've already reached the end of the beta 2.1 ..,when you release the next beta , my save file will work ???
    Yes, your save file will still work.

I got a Level Up freeze on my Android save at route 15 against Battle Girl Becky, I used a level 50 Snorlax with a Soothe Bell, but the game froze when my Milotic (It had an Exp. Share) got to level 22.
    By any chance can you send me a .sav file or a savestate from before the incident?

This is my favourite hack so far, and I've tried lots of them. I love your 1st gen story, even if I had a hard time accepting Green and Blue were inverted :p
    I've noticed a bug though, during the battle against Misty, I noticed my Ivysaur could use Growth even if it is asleep.
    I really can't wait for more!
    Green and Blue aren't inverted. This is an English hack, so I am using their official localized English names. And yes, I am 100% of the circumstances on why his name is Blue despite his Japanese name being Green, but ultimately the circumstances do not matter, all that matters is that in Game Freak's localization database, the character of グリーン has his official name in English listed as Blue.
    spw31c.png

In case anyone is going to bring up, "then why did you name Giovanni's son Kamon? Shouldn't it be Silver?"

I chose Kamon because in DarkViolet's sequel, the protagonists will be Ethan and Lyra, and will be named so. The rival name of "Silver" only works if Ethan was named "Gold". The name "Silver" doesn't work with Ethan and Lyra as protagonists, it only works with Gold as the protagonist, to which I'm not doing. And Kamon isn't just some name I made up, it's the next name below Silver in the available names for Pokémon Silver version.

Take a look at the name below "SILVER":
    1_zps960436fd.png

I see. My dilemma is tho that like in most hacks when a new patch comes out we will not be able to continue our previous saves and I would love to put my time into this amazing hack when it is fully done.
    You will be able to continue your save file for the next release.

My game crashes everytime I try to use Flash Cannon and oddly enough, why can't Honchkrow learn Steel Wing?
    Flash Cannon doesn't crash on VBA or hardware. It crashes if you're on GBA4iOS though, and I don't know what I can do about that, sorry.

I'm pretty sure Chaos Rush said something about being able to use saves from Beta 2 and onward, unless he specifies otherwise for the next release?

Though there's a small chance I might be mixing that up with another hack, I thought he said something about being able to use previous saves.
    You can continue your save file for the next release.

I don't know who started this mumbo jumbo that you have to restart, but I've said this a million times already, you can continue your save file with the next release!

I guess that Seafoam Islands is going to have trainers like Skier and Boarder on the floor that had trainers on it, or other similar trainers. Also I wonder if the Fisherman on Route 21 has returned with six Magikarps yet, unless he has different Pokemon. Also will the Pokemon Mansion look like how it did in Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green like the Pokemon Tower does in a way, and Cinnabar Island's gym probably will look the same too? Also I can't open the Pokedex and evolution guide from the first post, because it instead opens up on WordPad.
    The Pokémon Mansion will be different from FR/LG. First of all, here is what the exterior of the Pokémon Mansion will look like (about 90% complete, I haven't added the roof window things yet):
    2vlr23t.png

It takes into account that Mewtwo was born in the basement floor, so naturally the damage done starts from there, hence why the windows on the upper floor aren't as damaged as the lower floor.

I'm not sure how much of the interior tiles would be used from FR/LG, since I want to try and make it actually feel more like an abandoned mansion.

Another thing, in FR/LG, there were Mewtwo statues in the mansion. It makes no sense for them to be there, because Mewtwo did not exist at the time the mansion was built. I will be replacing them with Rhydon statues as that's what I believe they were intended to be in the original.

The Cinnabar Island Gym will not be the same as FR/LG.

where is the stone i need to evolve magneton ?
    You need the Metal Stone. I believe there's one lying around Team Rocket's base. Also, you can pick them up from the hiker in the Underground Market if you've beaten Erika.

Alex Night

Charmander Shepard
    Years
  • I gotta say I'm very impressed with the work Chaos Rush is doing with this. I'm currently trying to abstain from playing the current build past the first ten minutes of gameplay as I wish to do a Nuzlocke of the full game which is supposedly scheduled to be the next update. Again, great work and I can't wait to see the fruits of your success. :chu:

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2017
    Flash Cannon doesn't crash on VBA or hardware. It crashes if you're on GBA4iOS though, and I don't know what I can do about that, sorry.

Actually it doesn't crash on GBA4iOS 2.0, as far as I tried. 2.0 came out last week.

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
    Years
  • Great beta. I very much enjoyed it.

Here's my team.
    UEpKehT.png

When the next beta is out will I be able to continue from where I left off or will I need to start over?

Should of looked before asking lol. Guess I'll be filling up the Pokedex now.

Back