• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

lilbluedemon

Crunching the numbers!
Years
    • Seen May 4, 2019
    Does anyone have the evolution list?
    The one in the original post is no longer available.

lilbluedemon

Crunching the numbers!
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2019
    Again, does this game have a battle tower facility or something similar?

I don't know, Fire red did not have such a feature.
    But, there's something called the Battle Maze in one of hackrepairman's screenshots.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • I updated my File to the latest patch and right after the birth island incident of Kamoj catching Deoxys, I went back to Cinnabar island and went into the Pokemon centre. Upon healing my Pok?mon, the game froze and started getting glitchy as hell and the game crashes.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Again, does this game have a battle tower facility or something similar?

Chaos Rush said there was supposed to be a battle facility like Black Tower/White Treehollow, so I created Battle Maze. It is more like a simplified version of the Black Tower/White Treehollow. It only has one area, there are only three default layouts of the maze, because it's almost impossible to make it a random maze like how Black2/White2 did.

I updated my File to the latest patch and right after the birth island incident of Kamoj catching Deoxys, I went back to Cinnabar island and went into the Pokemon centre. Upon healing my Pok?mon, the game froze and started getting glitchy as hell and the game crashes.
    The patch you used must be an older version, because I have fixed that just now. I think you may need to download the patch again to fix this glitch.

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
    Years
  • I'm going to be honest. I felt somewhat disappointed when I finish the beta 2. The hack was awesome and it built a solid storyline. I was able to empathize with characters that in the canon game I don't give a ... you know. This was the only hack that I wanted to be completed. I'm playing again this new version and I'm expecting to complete a wonderful hack that was the main inspiration for my current hackrom.

Well done, hacksrepairman!

Last edited:

Yuuki_Asura

Rom Hack Lover as of 2009... XD
    Years
  • I have been Gone for like Months, and now I see one of the Romhacks i've supported for Years And this is the Only Hack i called Masterpiece so... Thank You hacksrepairman:boogie:

Years
  • Chaos Rush said there was supposed to be a battle facility like Black Tower/White Treehollow, so I created Battle Maze. It is more like a simplified version of the Black Tower/White Treehollow. It only has one area, there are only three default layouts of the maze, because it's almost impossible to make it a random maze like how Black2/White2 did.

The patch you used must be an older version, because I have fixed that just now. I think you may need to download the patch again to fix this glitch.

I love you hacksrepairman!! Finally i can finish this game

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2022
    I feel like you should tone down the levels for the bosses post Beta 2. Every boss after Beta 2 goes through massive level spikes. You'll be battling level 60-63 goons and suddenly the boss has level ~75 Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    So I literally found out about this a few minutes ago because someone contacted me through Discord.

I logged in just to say thank you for finishing this! Sorry for not being able to respond to your message. I would appreciate it if someone could make a YouTube playthrough of the last parts of the game (the parts I didn't work on) and show it to me, so I could possibly provide some feedback.

I have no interest in making a ROM hack ever again, although I have had newer ideas for a Kanto remake fangame since abandoning DarkViolet (and the newer idea would have ended up quite different from DarkViolet), I'm just glad that this got completed in some form.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Years
    • Seen today
    So I literally found out about this a few minutes ago because someone contacted me through Discord.

I logged in just to say thank you for finishing this! Sorry for not being able to respond to your message. I would appreciate it if someone could make a YouTube playthrough of the last parts of the game (the parts I didn't work on) and show it to me, so I could possibly provide some feedback.

I have no interest in making a ROM hack ever again, although I have had newer ideas for a Kanto remake fangame since abandoning DarkViolet (and the newer idea would have ended up quite different from DarkViolet), I'm just glad that this got completed in some form.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Can you provide a working link to the Pokedex / Evolution Guide

Back