• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold hack: Pokémon DarkViolet

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatureKeeper

It's up to the gatehouse leading into Viridian City. It's much harder to make DS hacks.

Who said so? It is as easy as GBA. Except for the fact you need to have the emulator open with the hacking tools to count movements and get positions. But it takes longer time.

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2022
The screenies look really good, and personally, I really like the pokemon following you thing, that is really cool, keep up the awesome work!

INV

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2017
Hmmmm,Does the rom crashes like the real HGSS games?or you fixed it?

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
I played the GBA version of this earlier and decided to log in to say how good I thought it was turning out. I find the thread and now it's a DS game... I am disgusted. You were doing perfectly fine on GBA. But w/e you felt like changing to NDS, that move can be respected. Then I see this...

Thanks for the feedback, you can definitely help, but some things in the alpha like Oak saying the wrong stuff when you're done choosing a Pokemon and the lack of a Pokemart employee on Route 1 is due to my laziness. I don't feel like working on this until more documentation on things like flags, special functions, music, and of course animated trainer sprites is available. I found out that PPRE doesn't even compile some scripts correctly, which is why some existing scripts will freeze even if you don't edit them. Also, it's really annoying to script without a visual reference, and it's impossible to change map music in HG/SS. And not only that, but a few months ago I tried changing the order of the Johto dex, and it just glitches up the Pokedex.

So pretty much, I don't feel like working on this because I can't do the awesome things that made the GBA DarkViolet an epic game (IMO).

And for all the people saying, "how will you do Mt. Moon/S.S. Anne/Pokemon Tower/Silph Co./Cinnabar", there is no way I'm going to implement a work around. A map editor will be needed in order to complete this hack.

That only proves you did not fully think about what you were doing and that you did no research. Of course there is no map editor for the NDS games, anyone can tell you that... You and many others need to research what you get in to beforehand and when you are limited by a tool not existing, find a way around it. I logged in to give you a compliment but instead you get disappointment...

marcc5m

what
Years
As crazy as it may sound, I am going to side with Gamer2020.
This hack was doing great as a GBA hack, and was probably one of my favourite hacks.
Now you've moved over to a base on which you're uncertain if you'll be able to fully hack.
If their ends up not being a Map Editor for years, then what? I just feel like this hack was doing so great as a GBA hack, and then you switched over to HeartGold, which was completely un-needed.

NatureKeeper

Anything can be done by hard work. And a hell lot of annoying hex editing.
There is a working map editor, but is unreleased and really glitchy if used due to some mysteries.
I know Generation IV hacking is very hardly received here, but it has gone to good levels. Mapping can be achieved, but by Hex only so far.

Yes and no. You need a LUA script to place sprites properly, and you need to know what programs to use. I am still trying to get movements working. :/ PPRE isn't used for everything.

May I suggest a way to do the old man event?

Every DS hacker should have the Lua Script. >.> And, yes, much more tools are needed. And movements are working good, for the sole reason I didn't change the movements.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 23, 2014
The reason for the Johto Wild battle theme is due to the fact that you will not hear the kanto theme in kanto until you beat the elite four once

robxu9

Shadowed Warrior
Years
The reason for the Johto Wild battle theme is due to the fact that you will not hear the kanto theme in kanto until you beat the elite four once
oh? I thought it was because you haven't gotten on the ferry yet? I still get the Johto Wild Battle after I beat the Elite Four; but after I got on the ferry instead, it switched.

pkmntrainerpaul

New account: P-Sign
Years
You know, I'm actually looking forward to this more than Black and White xD
It's really impressive what you've done yet, and good luck!

Also, if you need the backsprite of Red in a modern style, I think Luka S.J. uses one in his RMXP Game. You could ask him.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Not working on this anymore. In fact, I have no intent to go back to rom hacking. There are more important things in my life that I have to take care of.

Goodbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back