• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Design Contest GT11

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2014
    Sounds fun, even if drawing isn't exactly my strongest suit.

Username: Xulhu

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • I wasn't really sure if I was going to do this, but hey, Wynaut? I already drew something—not sure if I'll keep it as my entry—so I may as well enter.

Username: Nakuzami
    Pokémon Name: Tocawny (from "Toco" as in Toco Toucan, and "Brawny")
    Type: Normal/Flying
    Ability: Guts, Big Pecks, Scrappy
    Moveset:
    Spoiler:

Stats:

HP 80
    Attack 120
    Defense 60
    Sp. Atk 45
    Sp. Def 60
    Speed 95

Tocawny favors physical attack above anything else. It's reckless battle style gives it great power and speed, but at the cost of defenses. As it's a standalone pokémon, it has a Base Stat Total of 460.​

Design:
    Similar to a real-life toucan, it has mostly black feathers with a white throat, blue and brown eyes, and orange skin around its eyes. It has a large, rounded bill and considerably lengthy tail feather as well as a small tuft on its head. It measures about two feat in height and weighs only a pound and a half.
    Spoiler:

Pokédex Entry:

Tocawny, the Toucan Pokémon
    2'02" :: 1.5 lbs

"They use their large bills to exchange heat with their environment. They love to dine upon various fruits."

"Despite its docile appearance, it will unleash devastating physical attacks when angered."

Last edited:
    Years
  • Just a little question: are megas/alternate forms incuded in the judging? (since theyre technically the same pokemon)

I wanna join but I might have little time to do so..

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Just a little question: are megas/alternate forms incuded in the judging? (since theyre technically the same pokemon)

I wanna join but I might have little time to do so..

They'll be treated like evolutions; they are only for fun and the base Pokémon are the only one to be judged. You can still go ahead and create a mega forme though.

As GT11 has started, you can now post your entries into the Pokémon design contest. Still haven't registered? Registration is open until the Get-Together closes on July 12. Results will be posted sometime in the Event Wrap-Up week (July 13 - July 19)​

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

I joined before, and so I'm joining again!

Username: Molivious

For_Whom_The_Bronzong_Tolls

Pokemaniac since '98
    Years
  • Pokémon Name: Parasoul
    Type: Ghost/Fairy
    Ability: Night Terror- Atk and Spd are boosted during night or in caves.
    Moveset:
    lvl 1 Astonish
    lvl 1 Leer
    lvl 5 Lick
    lvl 7 Parting Shot
    lvl 11 Draining Kiss
    lvl 13 Mean Look
    lvl 15 Hypnosis
    lvl 17 Moonlight
    lvl 20 Feint Attack
    lvl 25 Nightmare
    lvl 35 Eclipse- Ghost-type move It blocks the sun from reaching the battlefield, simulating night conditions
    lvl 45 Phantom Force
    lvl 55 Shadow Ball
    lvl 60 Moonblast
    lvl 75 Psycho Boost
    lvl 80 Dream Maker- Ghost-type (Parasoul exclusive) PP 12 Att 95 Acc 100 Deals a blow to the opponents subconscious. Also causes sleep.

TM/HM moves
    Toxic
    Bulk Up
    Taunt
    Hyper Beam
    Rain Dance
    Thunderbolt
    Thunder
    Return
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball
    Aerial Ace
    Torment
    Attract
    Thief
    Steel Wing
    Shadow Claw
    Dream Eater
    Swagger
    Dazzling Gleam
    Cut
    Fly (It is an umbrella, just think Mary Poppins)
    Strength

Egg Groups: Mineral/Amorphous

Egg moves:
    Crafty Shield
    Play Rough
    Shadow Punch
    Destiny Bond

Stats: HP-80 Atk-100 Def-60 SpAtk-80 SpDef-90 Spd- 110
    Design: See attatchment
    Pokédex Entries:
    A spirit without shape, it found an abandoned umbrella and made itself at home. It is fairly inactive during the day.

Unable to have a form of its own, it takes solace in its umbrella. At night it has been known to haunt tourists' dreams who bothered it during the day.

Last edited:

Ankoku Flare

Artsy Dragon
    Years
  • Username: Ankoku Flare

Pokémon Name: Quolitz

Type: Water

Ability:
    poison heal
    poison touch
    hidden: toxic boost
    Moveset:
    Spoiler:

Stats:
    HP: 80 ATK: 95 DEF: 60 SAT: 75 SDF: 85 SPE: 105

Design:
    quolitz.png

Pokédex Entry:

Seaslug Pokémon
    3' size
    Although much smaller, it preys on Tentacruel's tentacles and uses their venom to attack.
    It concentrates Tentacruel venom in its body to deliver a deadly poisonous sting.

Credits to my net buddies: Candro, Darkmazer and Yatterman (They all helped signifcantly in filling in ideas for moves and such :D)

Yatterman mad a fun competitive build for Quolits

[Staller/Trapper Set]
    Quolitz @ Toxic Orb
    Ability: Poison Heal
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Toxic
    - Aqua Ring/Protect
    - Whirlpool/Infestation
    - Light Screen/Infestation/Snatch/Confuse Ray

Although not the most practical set, it has potential to stall and trap an opponent. Depending on nature and setup, I could throw on boosted Facade, but the main focus here is passivly chipping away at your opponents health with DoT moves (Toxic, Whirlpool, and Infestation) while passively healing (Poison Heal, and Aqua Ring). Snatch is also a decent option to counter people from setting up on you while you stall, or light screen to double you and your team's Sp.Def for 5 turns.

[Physical Sweeper]
    Quolitz(?) @ Toxic Orb
    Ability: Toxic Boost
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpAtk) / Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpAtk)
    - Waterfall
    - Aqua Jet
    - Facade
    - U-Turn

This thing would hurt... Throw this into a Rain team, and it is one hell of a speedy physical sweeper (man, now I really wish this existed, because I would SO replace my Greninja with this monster)... Although it still has some threats that can easily outspeed it (like Jolteon), utilizing Adamant Toxic Boost Aqua Jet (throw in a rain boost, if you are into that) should make short work of quicker threats. Running Facade for obvious reasons, and U-Turn to escape from a tight bind. Although it does get walled by things like Forretress pretty badly. The other downside being that even if you don't take a single hit from your enemy, you will end up killing yourself in 6 turns from Toxic Orb.

[Doubles Support]
    Quolitz(?) @ Leftovers/Toxic Orb
    Ability: Poison Heal/Poison Touch
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD or 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk) (unless running Twin Needle)
    - Helping Hand
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Infestation/Twin Needle (if using Poison Touch)
    - Snatch/Light Screen

Yet another slightly impractical set... But it's actually not too bad. Decent TS setter, has Helping Hand to support a sweeper, it can run Infestation to trap a specific target, and Snatch is always a nice move to have on at least ONE pokemon when in a Doubles battle (because screw you Quick and Wide Guard users). I feel this set is lacking in potential, and there is probably more creative moves I chance choose from for a more supportive role. However, I am decently tired, and having a hard time thinking at the moment, so... yeah.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    I guess I'll post my entry now:

Pokémon Name:Mantislash

Type:Water/Bug

Ability:Tinted Lens or Sniper

Level-up Movest:
    Spoiler:

TM and HM Moves:
    Spoiler:

Egg Moves (Bug and Water 3 egg groups):
    Spoiler:

Design:
    Spoiler:

Design Origin:
    Based on a mantis shrimp. There two varieties of mantis shrimp, one with more mantis-like blades and one with little wrecking ball things on its arms. I tried to make Mantislash a combination of both.

Stats:
    HP:70 ATK:130 DEF:90 SP.ATK:50 SP.DEF SPEED:90

Pokédex Entries:
    Its powerful arms can move at blinding speeds. They have sunk more ships than any other Pokémon.

Mantislash preys on anything it can take down. It is known as the "Terror of the Tropical Oceans".

Hope you like it!

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
    Years
  • Capitalizing on the theme "Hoenn Summer Fun", One would primarily think of beaches and seafaring and whatnot. But on a tropical region such as Hoenn, do not forget about another Summer tourist attraction -- Lavaridge Hot Springs! And from this inspiration, I present the Hot Spring Pokémon, Volcappa!
    Spoiler:

Username: Magistrum

Pokémon Name: Volcappa
    Spoiler:

Type: Water/Fire
    Spoiler:

Abilities:
    Spoiler:

Stats: 70 HP/ 100 Atk/ 115 Def/ 50 SpAtk/ 75 SpDef/ 70 Spd
    Spoiler:

Moveset:
    Levelup Moveset
    Spoiler:

TM/HM moves
    Spoiler:

Egg Moves (Water 1, Field)
    Spoiler:

Design:
    Spoiler:

Pokédex Entries:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Pokémon Name
    Garsea
    Type
    Poison / Water
    Ability
    - Oblivious
    - Liquid Ooze
    - (HA)
    Drifter
    Drifter: Absorbs water attacks to heal itself and fleds/returns to its Pokéball.
    Moveset
    Level-up Moveset
    Spoiler:

TM/HM
    Spoiler:

Egg Moves - Amorphous, Water 3
    Spoiler:
    Stats
    HP - 60
    Atk - 70
    Def - 50
    Sp. Atk - 80
    Sp. Def - 80
    Speed - 110
    Design
    Garsea is a small and simple semi-transparent blob that attaches itself on items it gets stuck into, most commonly, garbage and litter, while drifting on water surfaces.
    Pokédex Entry
    - Garsea drifts on watery surfaces, cheerfully collecting garbage along the way.
    - In recorded history, a Garsea was able to cover a whole lake by collecting rotting leaves and garbage.

Last edited:

Canen

Sometimes, I like to party.
    Years
  • There have been some cracking designs so far, really enjoyed looking at them. Here's my contribution!

Pokemon name:

Sandcrastle

Type:

Water / Ground

Abilities:

- Moat Fill:
    Every time Sandcrastle takes a water type attack its special defense stat is raised a level.
    - Fortify:
    Every time Sandcrastle takes a ground type attack its defense stat is raised a level.
    - Saliva Spit: Lowers the opponent's speed stat one level.

Moveset:

Level up

Lv 1 - Scratch
    Lv 3 - Sand attack
    Lv 6 - Mud slap
    Lv 10 - Bubble
    Lv 15 - Dig
    Lv 21 - Sand Fortress (raises def and spec def by 2 levels, but negated if hit with water attack beforehand)
    Lv 27 - Magnitude
    Lv 37 - Hydro Pump
    Lv 50 - Ancientpower

TM/HM

TM06 Toxic
    TM10 Hidden Power
    TM13 Ice Beam
    TM17 Protect
    TM18 Rain Dance
    TM20 Safeguard
    TM21 Frustration
    TM23 Smack Down
    TM26 Earthquake
    TM27 Return
    TM28 Dig
    TM31 Brick Break
    TM32 Double Team
    TM41 Torment
    TM44 Rest
    TM45 Attract
    TM46 Thief
    TM55 Scald
    TM56 Fling
    TM88 Sleep Talk
    TM89 U-turn
    TM90 Substitute

HM03 Surf
    HM04 Strength
    HM05 Waterfall
    HM06 Dive

Stats (at Level 50)

HP 115
    Attack 80
    Defense 120
    Special Attack 70
    Special Defense 125
    Speed 60

Design

sand_castle_fanart_by_bobertbra152-d6yod9q.jpg

Pokedex entry
    :

Entry 1 - Sandcrastle lives on the shores of the Johto region. It waits for children to finish building sandcastles, and then uses its adhesive saliva to mold them into a concrete strength shell to live in.

Entry 2 - Sandcrastles begin life on the shores of Johto, but as they age they journey to Hoenn's deserts where they build sand fortresses.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Username: Major Ziggs

Pokémon Name: Twocan

Type: Psychic/Flying

Ability: Synchronised Minds (Each head chooses an attack, dealing damage from the first attack whilst applying weaknesses and resistances of both attack types, gaining 1.5x damage if both types match. Only applies to damaging attacks.)

Moveset:
    LEVEL
    Spoiler:

TM
    Spoiler:

Stats: 90 HP / 60 Atk / 85 Def / 95 SpA / 90 SpD / 115 Spe

Design: The Twocan is a blue two-headed bird with long curved beaks, yellow at the base and changing to red at the tips, and with yellow under-sides, using all three primary colours in its design. The heads each have thick black rings of feathers around their eyes, which themselves are solid spheres of glowing pink whilst the bird's psychic abilities are being used, even whilst simply communicating with itself via telekinesis - this often gives a pink "firefly effect" late at night atop the palm trees in the tropical islands. The wings are very long, spanning approximately a meter in length to support both heads in flight, following the same blue-yellow-red colour scheme as the rest of the bird. The feet contain sharp talons able to grasp to the thin palm branches, with the legs being yellow in colour with red around the claws. The bird's tail forms an upwards cone shape, starting out as blue closest to its body and then developing into yellow and red, as with the rest of the body.

Pokédex Entry #1: The two heads of a tropical Twocan bird share a powerful telekinetic link, allowing them to communicate without making a sound and focus their energies into one concentrated power.

Pokédex Entry #2: Most often found living atop the stalks of tropical palm trees, the Twocan emits colourful waves of telekinetic energy to attract mates.

Last edited:

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Pokémon Name: Corgulous (Coral + Orgulous w/c basically means haughty)
    Type: Fairy / Water
    Abilities: Shell Armor, Magic Guard (Hidden Ability: Moody)
    Moveset:
    Spoiler:

Stats:
    HP: 88
    Att: 66
    Def: 119
    SpA: 105
    SpD: 60
    Spe: 20
    Design: Corgulous have soft-bodies that secrete liquid substances which attract polyps (the life-forms that "create" corals), so it's kinda glossy. The corals that form around their body is comparable to a snail or turtle's shell -- it protects them from environmental/predatorial harm. Without the corals, they look like *cough*beautiful*cough* slugs in a kimono dress. Their head is supposedly their most attractive feature and they usually wear bright colors and soft/wavy corals to imitate human hair or horny ones as crowns (male). They always have flat corals at the end of their arms, resembling fans, which they use to cover their faces (out of habit) and even as their primary weapons against predators (think Mulan). Wing-like coral formations are also noticeable at their backs, usually consisting of branching or soft, silky corals. When at rest, they bow/kneel and when traveling, they hover above the seabed or ground. They also appear to have this snobbish look, somehow showcasing their egocentric personalities.
    Pokédex entry #1: Each group of Corgulous select and place the elegant above the rest. They use this method to attract more fish and prey to live in their territory.
    Pokédex entry #2: Corgulous always live in groups and rarely travel. Each season, they rearrange themselves to attract more fish and prey into their territory.

...sucks that i didn't make it with an image. I really wanted to provide one, but for the love of Sceptile, I have no more time to draw. Fortunately, this post will stay for a while... and perhaps even after the event, I would still draw my beloved Corgulous.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Thank you to everyone who participated this year. As GT11 has come to a close, this event has also ended. During the wrap-up week, me, Zeffy and ShortyPants will be judging the following entries:

- Superjub (Bebalon)
    - Nakuzami (Tocawny)
    - For_Whom_The_Bronzong_Tolls (Parasoul)
    - Ankoku Flare (Quolitz)
    - Trogd0r917 (Mantislash)
    - Magistrum (Volcappa)
    - destinedjagold (Garsea)
    - Canen (Sandcrastle)
    - Major Ziggs (Twocan)
    - molivious (Corgulous)

Watch this thread for when the results come in!

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Results of GT11 Pokemon Design Contest

1st Place: Major Ziggs with Twocan with 106 overall points!
    46 (20+8+18) in design and originality
    13 (5+4+4) in relevance to the theme
    24 (8+8+8) in battle performance
    23 (10+5+8) in pokédex and backstory

2nd Place: Magistrum with Volcappa with 103 overall points!

54 (14+20+20) in design and originality
    11 (2+5+4) in relevance to the theme
    22 (7+7+8) in battle performance
    16 (4+5+7) in pokédex and backstory

3rd Place: Ankoku Flare with Quolitz with 101 overall points!

57 (19+20+18) in design and originality
    8 (2+2+4) in relevance to the theme
    24 (10+6+8) in battle performance
    12 (5+5+2) in pokédex and backstory

Everyone else's scores can be viewed on this spreadsheet by clicking this sentence.

Unfortunately me and the judges have chosen to disqualify Canen's entry (Sandcrastle) as it has come to our attention that the artwork he used is stolen from a dA user. If you want to appeal this disqualification, contact me or any of the judges.

As for emblems:
    Major Ziggs will receive a 1st place GT11 Design Contest emblem.
    Magistrum and Ankoku Flare will receive 2nd to 3rd place GT11 Design Contest emblems.
    Everyone who took part will also receive a emblem for participation.

I'm afriad that the release date of the emblems is TBC as I need to contact ShortyPants about designing them and then submitting them.

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Congratulations and well done, winners! had fun participating in this contest with a lot of other participants and I hope next year would be as lively as well!

Thank you as well to our judges and coordinators.

Back