• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokémon Direct - 04/09/2013!

Orifiel

Priestess
Years
I was expecting for the new abilities.
Also the mega Evolution are a big turn on for me.
I really can't wait for the release! Sadly, I have a little
chance to get the game. Since I'm busy with my life.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 13, 2014
I personally don't like having a Kanto starter in this generation simple for the question asked: What is the purpose of those starters? Not counting the old days with Pokémon Yellow, we usually get one starter of each generation that serves it's purpose of the region itself, like a beginner mascot or something like that whatever you think it fits best. Unless we get to know it's purpose it serves in this generation and why the Professor carries it with him, I don't see any meaning behind getting a second starter. I'd deposit my Kanto starter anyways, i'm already familar with it so i'll make space for a Pokémon that is freshly new to me.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
I personally don't like having a Kanto starter in this generation simple for the question asked: What is the purpose of those starters? Not counting the old days with Pokémon Yellow, we usually get one starter of each generation that serves it's purpose of the region itself, like a beginner mascot or something like that whatever you think it fits best. Unless we get to know it's purpose it serves in this generation and why the Professor carries it with him, I don't see any meaning behind getting a second starter. I'd deposit my Kanto starter anyways, i'm already familar with it so i'll make space for a Pokémon that is freshly new to me.

It's an option. They will make the game easier for new players, help people round out their type coverage, and best of all, you don't have to use them if you don't want to.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 13, 2014
It's an option. They will make the game easier for new players, help people round out their type coverage, and best of all, you don't have to use them if you don't want to.

That wasn't my point. It's cool and all that you can get a second starter and help new players with it no objection, I just don't see the meaning behind it. They've never done it before so why now? I just don't buy the 'help new players' motive as the only reason, well it's just some thought anyways.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2013
direct98.jpg

A new Pokémon was spotted during the trailer, it appears to be a Llama Pokemon but there are no further details just yet.

It looks like a poodle pokemon IMO, since this region is based on france. But it does look like a llama now that you say it. This pokemon will probably be revealed by the next issue of Corocoro or the upcoming pokemon smash

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
Years
Well sweeties, I'm late to the discussion but here's my two cents.

Mega Charizard confirmed, I'm happy.
Where's the Mega Evolution for the second gen starters?

Also I'm kinda happy with Pokémon Bank as well. I really wanted something like since Gen 1.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
That wasn't my point. It's cool and all that you can get a second starter and help new players with it no objection, I just don't see the meaning behind it. They've never done it before so why now? I just don't buy the 'help new players' motive as the only reason, well it's just some thought anyways.

Well here's the thing , it seams that the starters you were going to get from the professor were the Starters , but it seems your friend gives you one of the Kalos starter as your first pokemon. And also maybe the Kanto starters are native to the Kalos region I mean why would mega stones be in a region where its pokemon isn't common? Also the starters are also going to be in the region dex. Also they would probably have the same reason for being there that all other Kanto pokemon has

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well sweeties, I'm late to the discussion but here's my two cents.

Mega Charizard confirmed, I'm happy.
Where's the Mega Evolution for the second gen starters?

Also I'm kinda happy with Pokémon Bank as well. I really wanted something like since Gen 1.
I can't wait to see the second generation starters, the rest of the gen 3 starters, and generations IV and V's starters MegaEvolutions :3

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
I for one am very happy to see them do things that they've never done before. That's the point of this generation, they are completely revitalizing pokemon.

STEELDRAGON*

A Very Too Cool For School Charizard :)
Years
This is awesome news! :) I hope that all starters get mega forms!

I for one am very happy to see them do things that they've never done before. That's the point of this generation, they are completely revitalizing pokemon.

Me too, nintendo has'nt done something this awesome in a while.

Last edited:

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
i think X and Y Will be one of the most playing pokemon games in this world.
lot of features
better graphics
better animation
it will gonna break the download list
vicocastle.5224

Back