• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon: Discovery

Should the beta be released sooner or later?

• Sooner! [Shorter beta]

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Later! [Longer beta]

Votes: 35 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I don't think the eeveelutions would be too OP as long as they don't get OP movesets too early. I would vote for the Eeveelutions or Hawlucha (cause who wouldn't want to play with a masked luchador?)

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
    Years
  • I like Pancham, but idk if I'd want as a starter pokemon? Is there not an option for Eevee with eeveelutions after a moderate amount of time (so between 'a few minutes' and 'a long time')? I think that would be best if that's a possibility because just Eevee on its own I don't feel would be powerful enough to get 'a long way' through the game, but an eeveelution straight away would be too powerful, so there needs to be like a middle ground I guess is what I'm trying to say.

Just my two cents.

I agree with this, though I also like Hawlucha. Coin toss.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • I agree with this, though I also like Hawlucha. Coin toss.

Yeah I like Hawlucha too but some people think it might be a little OP for that low of a level. Either way, the poll is up. Multichoice. So pick yer favs

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    I Would prefer Mantyke as starter, cause its water pokemon and you are sailor so..

I picked squirtle as your starter, I see it as a good sailing mate. but with that, I think Chatot is the closest to sail pokemon (because of pirates)

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    Soooo tempted to say Pancham, because he's the cutest lil' scrapper ever. But Pancham has an Asian feel since he's a panda, and since the setting is on an island,

-Aipom feels more jungle-y because he's a monkey.

-Squirtle feels more appropriate for a sailor because he's a water turtle.

-Hawlucha (as you've mentioned before) feels more tropical-y because he's a colored bird but so does

-Chatot. And unlike Hawlucha, he's less associated with an ethnicity. Though he does feel pirate-y, as Shachar mentioned, and less Navy-y/Sailor-y.

All in all, I voted for Aipom. Squirtle and Eevee (because he's super popular) just don't feel "new" or "original" to me.

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
    Years
  • Well while I await answer from any actual working moderator on making a poll for the thread, I need you guys to help me out. You as the player are going to help decide the starter. I know I've gone over this before, but I want to see what everyone wants because certain people think eeveelutions as a starter is too overpowered. So just comment with which you'd prefer and why.

Choices (with links) are:
    1. Eevee, no eeveelutions for a long time
    2. Eeveelutions, you get one a few minutes after eevee is obtained.
    3. Hawlucha
    4. Pancham (with a possible type change to Fighting / Dark off the bat)
    5. or Other (you pick a choice and support a reason why it should be that pokemon. I'd prefer you choose from above though)
    I was thinking about a choice starter between Pancham, Painward, Murkrow.
    They are all part dark type and there is a type advantage circle bewteen them.

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • Hawlucha is a bit more better than the rest. I think the rest of the starters should have a balance stats too or can be matched with Hawlucha.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • Well, for me, I would pick ANY of the six Water Pokemon that are true starters (Squirtle, Totodile, Mudkip, Piplup, Oshawott and Froakie), I really don't like when some games have a random Pokemon as a starter, it makes the game very difficult and non-starter Pokemon are hard to raise.

True starter Pokemon are pretty well balanced, they're not overpowered (unless you grind) and there not underpowered (unless you're lazy)

It keeps water Pokemon as the theme and you will have a good starter.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I think Bagon and Dratini should be the starters. In one of the images in the OP, there's a picture in which the sailor (you) shakes hands with the captain, and there's a Dratini next to you, and a Bagon next to the captain. That kind of implies that you start off with either Dratini or Bagon.

Le pug

Years
  • I think Bagon and Dratini should be the starters. In one of the images in the OP, there's a picture in which the sailor (you) shakes hands with the captain, and there's a Dratini next to you, and a Bagon next to the captain. That kind of implies that you start off with either Dratini or Bagon.

more of a foreshadow to the events that will occur, but your starter is actually just going to be Eevee.

Eevee by itself has 325 stats (compared to Bulbasaur's 318, Torchic's 310, Snivy's 308, or even Froakie's 314) so it has enough stats to be a starter. I'm sure some of you know what STAB moves are? (Same type, attack boost) so this means that already in the game if a Normal type pokemon uses a Normal type move, it's attack hits for 1.5x. However the ability Adaptability (normal type using a normal type move with this ability increases damage by 2x) that Eevee has isn't in the game because it was introduced in Gen IV. So we're going to insert that ability to make Eevee even that much more stronger which will keep the player going for a long time. Eevee will definitely serve as a good starter to get you through the necessary battles. (You'll still get eeveelutions down the road, but we're going to make it be a big event depending on the type you're getting so it'll be great! And we're planning on inserting some C MAGIX asm to storyboard what talisman fragments are. So expect the hack to be that much more better!)

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    more of a foreshadow to the events that will occur, but your starter is actually just going to be Eevee.

Eevee by itself has 325 stats (compared to Bulbasaur's 318, Torchic's 310, Snivy's 308, or even Froakie's 314) so it has enough stats to be a starter. I'm sure some of you know what STAB moves are? (Same type, attack boost) so this means that already in the game if a Normal type pokemon uses a Normal type move, it's attack hits for 1.5x. However the ability Adaptability (normal type using a normal type move with this ability increases damage by 2x) that Eevee has isn't in the game because it was introduced in Gen IV. So we're going to insert that ability to make Eevee even that much more stronger which will keep the player going for a long time. Eevee will definitely serve as a good starter to get you through the necessary battles. (You'll still get eeveelutions down the road, but we're going to make it be a big event depending on the type you're getting so it'll be great! And we're planning on inserting some C MAGIX asm to storyboard what talisman fragments are. So expect the hack to be that much more better!)
    Since Eevee is going to have Adaptability, will we also see Magic Bounce Espeon, Guts Flareon, Chlorophyll Leafeon, and the like?

Le pug

Years
  • Since Eevee is going to have Adaptability, will we also see Magic Bounce Espeon, Guts Flareon, Chlorophyll Leafeon, and the like?

I'm more worried on Eevee since abilities aren't easy to make. Guts and Chlorophyll are already in Gen 3 so sure if they are already in, they'll match what they're supposed to be but abilities like Magic Bounce I'm not worried about.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Wow this looks interesting ill watch this so when u release the first demo ill like to play :)

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Guys, there won't be updates for a while, Le Pug is currently away for a few months, but he's working on it (he has no internet where he is), and when he comes back, there'll be a release :)

Back