• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Distortion Black [8/21/21 Update]

Nex

formerly known as _Nex_
Years
  • Pokémon Distortion Black

Well... this one has been a long time in the making. Originally conceived in 2013 and announced in 2014. So much has changed since then.
    In 2015 I started working on a remake of this game that did eventually get cancelled officially in 2017. But now I'm back with it and it's better than ever.
    I have re-imagined the entire game and it's story while still keeping beats of the original version(s). And with the CFRU I feel like I can finally realize
    the vision I have for this game.

Story

Spoiler:

Features

• A entirely new region
      Explore the new Xenon region and expirence its places, characters and story.
    • Overhauled and unique graphics
      All the game graphics have been overhauled to feature a unique look inspired by the 4th Generation of Pokémon games.
      Besides that, a great ammount of the game assets have been created from scratch and costumized by myself giving the game its own look.
    • Complete DPP Soundtrack
      Because how could I make a Generation 4 inspired game without its music.
    • Pokémon from Generation 1 - 4
      Because of course.
    • Interacting World
      The NPCs will react to what the player has accomplished/done in the game.
    CFRU Features
    Spoiler:

Screenshots

wuW63Z6.png

Everything is subject to change.

Special Thanks

• Skeli - Constant Feedback, costum code, generally being a extremley helpful person
    • Tainted - Constant Feedback, helping me bring some sprites to a better quality
    • mitchel1 - His hack, Dark Cry: Legend of Giratina, being my inspiration for starting to romhack in the first place

Credits

Spoiler:
    CFRU Credits
    Spoiler:
    If you feel like youre missing on this list or something is off about it, please reach out to me.

FAQ

Spoiler:

Bugs

• Will be listed once theres a release

Download

None.
    Whenever I feel like a release is ready there will be one - but for now its still far off. I do not plan on releasing a half baked game.

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    So glad to finally see this posted here! You've done such an amazing job so far, best of luck <3

Outwitter

You reap what you plant...
    Years
  • So good to see a hack with a new region. Graphics are looking awesome. "Sunshine City" sounds a perfect place to start a new adventure!! Wish you luck with the project mate.

Nex

formerly known as _Nex_
    Years
  • What's your Discord so I can check updates
    As per my FAQ, I do not have one and I'm not planning to make one. Maybe this will change in the future but for now this won't change.

Since I haven't posted here in a while I might assure you guys that this hack is not dead.

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • As per my FAQ, I do not have one and I'm not planning to make one. Maybe this will change in the future but for now this won't change.

Since I haven't posted here in a while I might assure you guys that this hack is not dead.

I'm glad to hear you are still working on this. Really eagerly looking forward to seeing how this pans out. Do you have plans to drop some screens soon?

Nex

formerly known as _Nex_
    Years
  • I'm glad to hear you are still working on this. Really eagerly looking forward to seeing how this pans out. Do you have plans to drop some screens soon?
    First of all thank you for your interest!
    There's plenty more things I could be showing off but I rather do not spoil too much. However it is def important to drop something new every now and then.

When I get back to check off all the things on my to do list I will post screenshots of the new progress. Progress is very slowly at the moment but I'm hoping to pick up pace in the coming months.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Looking forward to the new updates when they are ready. The screens already posted look good. I know I am looking forward to the region map when that is ready.

Honestly I do hope that you finish this before releasing it regardless of how long it takes.

Nex

formerly known as _Nex_
    Years
  • zelbPXb.png

Hello everyone, here's the first update, its been a while. Slowly but steadily I have been creating all the new sprites and tilesets I need. So on that note, here is a new screenshot.

N7pT3uJ.png

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • zelbPXb.png

Hello everyone, here's the first update, its been a while. Slowly but steadily I have been creating all the new sprites and tilesets I need. So on that note, here is a new screenshot.

N7pT3uJ.png

This looks absolutely wonderful! Eagerly waiting to see more as you progress!

Nex

formerly known as _Nex_
    Years
  • Since the last post there was progress however momentarily I haven't worked on it further. I'm not saying its dead but I have sadly many other things on my plate too that I have to attend to so I haven't made progress in a while.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    Wanted to know if this is dead or is it still getting updates and this seem very interesting and was hoping to try it out soon

Back