• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Dreams: MOTLP

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
oh wow I'm an idiot. Thanks for the heads up on that I read it wrong. And I was waiting for Bulbasaur as it was my first starter in the original Red version.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Lol, that's no problem.
Bulbasaur is always my pick in the first Gen games, so good choice in my opinion.

*INFO*
In the current version, you can't challenge one of the gyms... There is no physical way to get to the leader lol, those who have reached it in the past or in the current version, will know which... Those that haven't, it's gym 6 I believe.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
*UPDATE*
A little update to what I've been doing... I've been releasing new versions privately more recently so the next release may skip a few version numbers... But I want to let people know what I've been informed to fix or have added.

# Insignia Matches now work on single Pokémon who enter the battle
# Fixed some moves that didn't function properly
# Cut added to the game
# Fixed some missing animations (not moves)
# Added Limit Break ability
# Added Headache ability
# Added Bulba-Bye ability
# Electric type attacks, now hit Rock and Ground type Pokémon when raining
# Pichu can learn the ability, Limit Break
# Confusion acts differently for Pokémon with the Headache ability
# Fixed Pokémon showing as RENTAL and ?????
# Transitions somewhat fixed
# Bulbasaur, Ivysaur and Venusaur can learn the ability Bulba-Bye which can send
# a Pokémon to sleep
# Fixed selection screen not saying "SELECTED" on last Pokémon in the party
# Added selection for rival starter battles with no choice but to pick it
# Fixed NuzMode not turning back on after a Rival battle
# Fixed Rival to work properly
# Added more trainer battles
# Changed a few maps to add better detail
# Added a new twist to a specific part of the game which requires switching partners
# Only happens during the storyline, so you must play through that to do this
# Fixed a problem with Surf
# The choices you make really effect your game play
# More Pokémon have moves that only that Pokémon can learn
# More moves do different things with different Pokémon
# Having more different Pokémon in your team, effects NPC's differently
# More NPC's added
# Receiving, finding and picking up items, now shows gender specific text colors
# Fixed some scripts that were overwritten in 16.1
# Fixed double battles causing unnecessary glitches in battle
# Fixed an odd occurrence that happened during trainer battles

I'll leave you with that list for the moment

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Apr 27, 2018
Hi there!

I've been encountering a fatal error every time I try to play this demo. I am using the 1.0 file posted throughout this thread, and I have deleted both the entire game AND the save file in trying to fix this. The site will not let put me links my post because I'm new, so screenshots of the error messages are in my signature.

I get similar errors when talking to any NPC trainer, but I've grabbed screenshots in this case from the NPC in the Underpath. I got this message right after giving the rental Butterfree back to Tim. When I click OK on the first error, I get the second one.

I am unable to progress past the lake, since I am required to face off against at least one NPC trainer to move through. Here's hoping someone can help me get this fixed so I can give the demo a REAL try. :)

First Error: http://i.imgur.com/3a6Q36x.png

Second Error: http://i.imgur.com/WKXFjw8.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Hi there!

I've been encountering a fatal error every time I try to play this demo. I am using the 1.0 file posted throughout this thread, and I have deleted both the entire game AND the save file in trying to fix this. The site will not let put me links my post because I'm new, so screenshots of the error messages are in my signature.

I get similar errors when talking to any NPC trainer, but I've grabbed screenshots in this case from the NPC in the Underpath. I got this message right after giving the rental Butterfree back to Tim. When I click OK on the first error, I get the second one.

I am unable to progress past the lake, since I am required to face off against at least one NPC trainer to move through. Here's hoping someone can help me get this fixed so I can give the demo a REAL try. :)

Hi daigotsurezan, sorry to hear you're encountering errors.

I'm sure your first error is now fixed, but if it isn't, it's definitely fixed in the next version... Your second error I have no idea why you're getting that... Maybe download the audio folder and see if that fixes it... Since you've managed to get In to the game, I assume that 1 of the downloads worked for you.

I'll get on to fixing it right away.

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Apr 27, 2018
Hi daigotsurezan, sorry to hear you're encountering errors.

I'm sure your first error is now fixed, but if it isn't, it's definitely fixed in the next version... Your second error I have no idea why you're getting that... Maybe download the audio folder and see if that fixes it... Since you've managed to get In to the game, I assume that 1 of the downloads worked for you.

I'll get on to fixing it right away.

After I made my post, the audio idea occurred to me as well, but it doesn't make any difference.

If I have the chance, I will try a second computer this weekend to see if the results are the same. This PC has never given me any unusual behavior, but you never know...

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Apr 27, 2018
Both bugs are related, and are due to a bug in Essentials which is now fixed.

Thank you for dropping in to help us figure out the error!

I am not really familiar with the technical aspects of RPGMaker games, but I'm assuming this news means I'll have to wait for a future patch before I can play the game properly. I'll just be excitedly waiting then. :)

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Yes, thanks to Maruno an his clarification, you and many others will have to wait until a new patch is available... Sorry for any inconveniences otherwise.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I have a little problem... My laptop is being dodgy lately, everything lags... I need a tester to test this map out for me for lag, nothing more... If you could PM me or reply here, either doesn't matter. Thanks.

qtbow

Bow enthusiast
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 3, 2023
Do you know if the game can run on mac? I'm using wineskin (yes other games definitely work) but the game isn't running, only a small white box appears

Im having a problem trying to run the game. Every time i try to open it there is a pop up telling me the game file cannot be read
tumblr_inline_o56b1gHSCF1ton9xp_540.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
i'm getting repeat problems of corrupted save files, even if no errors occur during game play. i started getting this after an error occured just after i acquired one of the three starters (after meeting nic). i'm sorry but i don't have a screen cap of either of the errors and i will try to get the first error to reoccur. the second error has repeated and doesn't actually show up as a separate pop up. i started getting it while trying to save. then i'd get it even after i successfully saved then closed out of the game, reopend the game and would find out, for some reason, my save file is corrupt. no errors have to occur, i found out. the error states that the save file is incomplete or is incompatible with the game file. i actually had a clean run, with no error message popping up and force closing the game, where i saved several times, then closed out of the game to see if i reopened it if it would work. it didn't and the game states that the save file is corrupt and offers to delete it.

i'll try to get screen caps of these two error messages i get popping up, as i'm sure that'll help a bit further.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 5, 2019
Just an Issue, hopefully only for me, but when I try to talk to my pokemon, talk to random NPC's, or walk in front of certain NPC's to battle I get a runtime error that deals with their speech either not being there, or is messed up. This is hopefully a problem only for me I hope

Bigpokemonfan0

DBZFan13
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 27, 2024
Gym battles have a way that you can now block, ignore or dodge the next attack, obviously depending on what the attack is depends on what your Pokémon does. But the cost of doing this is 1 turn and a loss in a battle stat. For example, if Dynamic Punch was used and your Pokémon blocks the attack, your Pokémon would still feel the attack but could lose a battle stat in speed. So eventually, you couldn't keep blocking or whatever due to using it too many times. This will stop over uses, PP wasting and extortion lol..

Don't forget intersect, and repeat like fast attacks such of as Cut. But using Dragon Claw repeatedly costs some friendship, happiness due to a slow speed of an attack and kept missing. Make this requirement for earning four badges, it's for intersect and repeat.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I'm just replying to clarify most queries.

I'm not the one running this game, I merely script everything and design everything... ---- is the game holder and somewhere along the line he has dissapeared from game developement... I don't think there is a download for the game... I thought the downloadable version was playable, obviously not, according to posts and PM's.

I have had contact with ---- and he is currently away on business for 14 months, which by the latest update on the OP, should be around March next year.

I wish him and the games' future, well, but for now, updates will not happen here any time soon.

Kind Regards to all followers.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 1, 2020
I think the patch has gone and the only evidence i found of this existing is a relatively unviewed video on yt

Back