• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Duality

Khadhar

Life just handed you lemons
Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2010
    Update!

We have new concepts.

Garstoc, Water/Steel swordfish pokemon. While quite aggressive in battle, Garstoc always fight with honour and respect for their opponents. Garstoc often battle in the wild to hone their skills.

Tursrime, Water/Ice dolphin pokemon. These playful pokemon are always friendly to humans and other pokemon, except for their sworn enemy, Sharpedo.

Nilodus, Ground/Dark crocodile pokemon. Nilodus, despite their type, are amphibious, and thus capable of surfing and diving just like water pokemon.

Timesquire, Steel/Sound(Yes, new type!) clockwork pokemon. Timesquire is the first form of our pseudo-legendary pokemon. Timesquire is a man-made pokemon from times of old, capable of distorting time in a local area.

Tempuslar is the evolution of Timesquire. Larger, tougher, stronger, and able to warp time to a greater extent and area than it's previous form.

There is a third and final evolution of Tempuslar, that I will not show yet. It would be more awesome to say we were keeping it under our hat, but the truth is my scanner's gone loopy in it's old age. :P

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Yay more concepts :D Particularly like Tempulsar >< Hardcore clockwork knight! :D

Khadhar

Life just handed you lemons
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2010
    Also, super special awesome update: Sprites!

My sister has been kind enough to make the pokemon sprites for us.
    So we have here battle sprites of Armodon, Auxillas, Pythlon, Timesquire and Tempuslar. Uh, "expertly" watermarked by yours truly just for the web, so hopefully no one will nick 'em.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2017
    You'd best thank your sister for me, Khadhar, as those are some lovely sprites! I'll have to insert them sometime soon.

We're still progressing, I managed to finish the map for Ocarina Port. Leaving me with only buildings left on the current maps to do. Then we can continue with the rest of the maps before the first gym and get it all to a playable standard.

Also, we have been pondering some new moves, and are hoping to add at least 3 per type.

I shall update the first post with your concept art soon, Khadhar.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2017
    Update:

After a very long period of inactivity due to actually halting the Pokemon Duality Hack (due to losing the resources in my ROM), I am finally going to be returning to producing this Hack. However, it will take alittle time to regain the position I reached.

Hopefully people will be glad of this revelation, though I will point out that I am going to make a couple of small edits to what I originally planned:

1) Though I will keep having large and detailed maps, I am going to cut down on their size alittle bit.
    2) I am still working out the Pokedex of my region, so it is highly likely the Pokemon listed as appearing on routes will change.
    3) Having more new pokemon than I originally aimed to have, though many of these have been designed and are on mine and Khadhar's Deviant Art account (http://runicarts.deviantart.com/)
    4) We are no longer having new types, due to being unable to find a guide to how to add them. It is a shame, but is something that is liveable.

This may take alittle time to get to the same stage I was at, so please bear with me. :)

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    I hadn't heard about this hack before just now but I fell in love with the spritemon instantly. I'm glad that this has made a return and hope to see some screenshots/updates soon.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2017
    Glad you are liking those!

My first bit of work is to get the maps terrained from the Starting Town till the First Gym. It may take alittle time, but by getting these all pre-made, it should hopefully make Scripting be easier for that first arc of the story. I will post up my redone Starter Town soon.

Back