• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Eclipse Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuuki_Asura

Rom Hack Lover as of 2009... XD
Years
  • It's not in this beta, but I'll try to include it in the following release! I was considering making the Pokémon Egg you receive a Riolu but since Lucario's a gift Pokémon in X/Y I went for Zorua.
    Oh well till then i'll Level Up My Team, Hatch the Egg... And How Budew Evolve?

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2017
    Really enjoying the hack, buddy. Great job. This one and Gaia are my two favorites right now. Mods know how to make some Pokemon games.

A couple of things:
    1) Before I went into the entrance to Gaea Mines, I used teleport to go back to the previous city to heal, but it teleported me to the Poke Center in Regalia City, which is after the Gaea Mines. I'm pretty sure that's not supposed to happen. Just an FYI
    2) I'm curious as to how Kirilia evolves into Gallade. Is it still with a dawn stone? If so, where can I find one? I also need a fire stone for my Growlithe, if you'd be so kind.
    3) I need a flying type besides Starly and Wingull. Are those the only two in this beta?

I appreciate the hard work. Keep it up.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Are features like the day/night system planned for this hack?
    Also are the new boy/girl sprights planned for next bbet?

Day/Night won't be in this hack. There are no sprites for the female protagonist at the moment, just the male one. I've finished all the overworld sprites for him, flying ones weren't in this release, but I haven't had any spriters to help so trainer/back sprites might not be in the next release either.

Oh well till then i'll Level Up My Team, Hatch the Egg... And How Budew Evolve?

Budew evolves by happiness.

Could you tell me please how to get laschoking?:)

Unfortunately Slowking isn't obtainable in this release. You can evolve your Slowpoke to Slowking by taking a King's Rock to the Evolution Guru, but he'll be in the next release.

Really enjoying the hack, buddy. Great job. This one and Gaia are my two favorites right now. Mods know how to make some Pokemon games.

A couple of things:
    1) Before I went into the entrance to Gaea Mines, I used teleport to go back to the previous city to heal, but it teleported me to the Poke Center in Regalia City, which is after the Gaea Mines. I'm pretty sure that's not supposed to happen. Just an FYI
    2) I'm curious as to how Kirilia evolves into Gallade. Is it still with a dawn stone? If so, where can I find one? I also need a fire stone for my Growlithe, if you'd be so kind.
    3) I need a flying type besides Starly and Wingull. Are those the only two in this beta?

I appreciate the hard work. Keep it up.

I'll see about the Teleport thing, I think I know why it happens. Kirlia does evolve with a Dawn Stone but there are no Dawn Stones in this release, sorry. You can however get a Fire Stone, it's a hidden item (sparkle) in Kirin Plains. The only other flying types obtainable as far as I remember is Chatot in Siren Tunnel, Zubat, Butterfree and Beautifly. Oh and Drifloon. If there are any Flying types you'd like to see earlier let me know!

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2023
    You can't actually grab the two items on the table in the second floor of the old ladies house after the library. Other than that everything is amazing. Sorta wish the trainers battle sprite was original though. Oh yeah, and do you use the path finder in the cave to find the secret entrance that is surrounded by music notes?

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2017
    I'll see about the Teleport thing, I think I know why it happens. Kirlia does evolve with a Dawn Stone but there are no Dawn Stones in this release, sorry. You can however get a Fire Stone, it's a hidden item (sparkle) in Kirin Plains. The only other flying types obtainable as far as I remember is Chatot in Siren Tunnel, Zubat, Butterfree and Beautifly. Oh and Drifloon. If there are any Flying types you'd like to see earlier let me know!

I would thoroughly enjoy Rufflet/Braviary, Noibat/Noivern, or the Fletchling family. Any one of those families would be awesome. And I involuntarily decided to go with Gardevoir lol. I've never used a fairy type before, so we'll see what happens. I just have to do a bit of team re-structuring.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    You can't actually grab the two items on the table in the second floor of the old ladies house after the library. Other than that everything is amazing. Sorta wish the trainers battle sprite was original though. Oh yeah, and do you use the path finder in the cave to find the secret entrance that is surrounded by music notes?

Yeah, they're not items, I just thought they'd look nice. I might actually make them items and have a special way of having them move so you can get them, though. It's pretty hard to get good trainer sprites but I might have to try and at least have the backsprites done, since they appear every time in any battle. As for the music notes, you don't use the Pathfinder, the entrance is revealed after certain conditions are met, but the Pathfinder will be used to find other secret entrances.

I would thoroughly enjoy Rufflet/Braviary, Noibat/Noivern, or the Fletchling family. Any one of those families would be awesome. And I involuntarily decided to go with Gardevoir lol. I've never used a fairy type before, so we'll see what happens. I just have to do a bit of team re-structuring.

I'm planning a tropical/volcano area which is later in the game so the Fletchling line will be available there. I was considering Noibat instead of Zubat in Gaea Mines/Crysta Cave, or even Siren Tunnel as it has sound-related pokémon, but I thought it'd be too early to be found, since it evolves at level 48 anyway. I planned for Rufflet and Vullaby to be found on a Headbutt tree in a mountain-y route accessible after the 5th gym, which will be in the next release, but I'll see if I can put it on a Headbutt tree found earlier.

And fairies are a great type, and you'll certainly find them useful against the third and fourth gyms.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2015
    Hey, a couple things, where should we save after the 4th gym? like which town? so the action just picks up? and can you get surf before the next beta or after the 4th gym your done?

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2015
    So I'm trying to play this Beta on my iPhone, but since it is a not a .gba file format, my emulator (GBA4iOS) does not read it and does not run it. The file type is a .ups on which I downloaded. Do I need to patch this or is there something I am missing. I am also Jailbroken on my iPhone and I have iFile so I am able to open the .zip and extract it. If there is anything anyone can help me out with or if someone is willing to patch it for me so I can play the game. Thanks in advanced.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Hey, a couple things, where should we save after the 4th gym? like which town? so the action just picks up? and can you get surf before the next beta or after the 4th gym your done?

The events in the second release will continue once you're out of the gym in Sienna (fourth gym) where you'll receive a call. But even if you save somewhere else the call will happen as soon as you visit Sienna so anywhere is fine. Just make sure you save at a Pokémon Center, in case I edit any maps.

Hey, your hack is really interesting. Found a bug though: Horsea's backsprite is "cut" and floating in the air.~_~

I fixed that, thanks!

So I'm trying to play this Beta on my iPhone, but since it is a not a .gba file format, my emulator (GBA4iOS) does not read it and does not run it. The file type is a .ups on which I downloaded. Do I need to patch this or is there something I am missing. I am also Jailbroken on my iPhone and I have iFile so I am able to open the .zip and extract it. If there is anything anyone can help me out with or if someone is willing to patch it for me so I can play the game. Thanks in advanced.

Linking to GBA files isn't alowed which is why everything it's a UPS patch. I don't know if there's a UPS patcher for iOS, you can google that, but if you can't find anything then you can just patch a clean Fire Red ROM with the UPS file and the patching application contained in the ZIP file on a PC, and transfer the patched ROM to your phone.

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2017
    I'm planning a tropical/volcano area which is later in the game so the Fletchling line will be available there. I was considering Noibat instead of Zubat in Gaea Mines/Crysta Cave, or even Siren Tunnel as it has sound-related pokémon, but I thought it'd be too early to be found, since it evolves at level 48 anyway. I planned for Rufflet and Vullaby to be found on a Headbutt tree in a mountain-y route accessible after the 5th gym, which will be in the next release, but I'll see if I can put it on a Headbutt tree found earlier.

And fairies are a great type, and you'll certainly find them useful against the third and fourth gyms.

That would be fantastic. I'm not really fond of any of the flyers I've found so far, but Braviary and Talonflame are my favorite so I'd be happy with either one.

As far as my Gardevoir, sure he's part Fairy, but he's also part Psychic, so he loses his resistance to the Dark-type 4th gym, plus the only really good move he has right now is Confusion, which doesn't affect friggin anything in there lol. It's okay though, I'll just have my Gabite take care of it.

Flying Turtle

Some Random Ghost
    Years
  • Hey, sorry to bother you again, but found another error: Bidoof can't learn Rock Smash. Also, where can I find Old Amber and Gligar? And how can I evolve Eevee to Espeon and Horsea to Kingdra?

Years
  • This is an amazing back bro I like the little rpg elements wish you added more maybe with the side quest. I can't wait until the next beta is out so will we go to the 8 the gym or elite four in the next beta.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2021
    Hey, I can't seem to find the first HM after beating the ghost gym. I've backtracked to and from Lapis 3 times without any luck, talked to everyone etc. so I bet I'm missing something really obvious. Anyone know where it is? Thanks :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Hey, sorry to bother you again, but found another error: Bidoof can't learn Rock Smash. Also, where can I find Old Amber and Gligar? And how can I evolve Eevee to Espeon and Horsea to Kingdra?

Okay, I made the Bidoof line learn Rock Smash. I'm afraid Old Amber, Gligar, Espeon and Kingdra aren't available in this release.

This is an amazing back bro I like the little rpg elements wish you added more maybe with the side quest. I can't wait until the next beta is out so will we go to the 8 the gym or elite four in the next beta.

I am planning on adding side quests/stories, but for now I'm focusing on the main events. For the next release, if I do eight gyms then I'll probably include the Victory Road and the League with the Elite Four as well.

Hey, I can't seem to find the first HM after beating the ghost gym. I've backtracked to and from Lapis 3 times without any luck, talked to everyone etc. so I bet I'm missing something really obvious. Anyone know where it is? Thanks :)

After getting the first badge you should get a call to visit the Library. If you do the events there, getting the first HM is pretty simple.

Trainer 781

My friend recently finished the Beta of this hack. He is pretty much impressed by it.
    He found a bug that the ability Skill Link is not working at all.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2015
    why are there in the 5th gym invisible walls :( whyy i ve plaed so much and then this
    ps a wonderfull pokemon hack really maybe you could change a bit the map and the title screen and kbaam you ve a completly new pokemon hack i know a lots of people would play that then

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    My friend recently finished the Beta of this hack. He is pretty much impressed by it.
    He found a bug that the ability Skill Link is not working at all.

Thanks! I never tested to see if it works, I'll check it out.

why are there in the 5th gym invisible walls :( whyy i ve plaed so much and then this
    ps a wonderfull pokemon hack really maybe you could change a bit the map and the title screen and kbaam you ve a completly new pokemon hack i know a lots of people would play that then

There is no 5th gym. Also I'm assuming you're talking about the town map, which is changed. The titlescreen's also changed.

I haven't been working on this much but I have two screenshots! First one is just a plain sea route, Surf is available after the 4th gym, and there's plenty of sea routes until the next town, but not as many as Hoenn's. :p And then there's the protagonist's sprite, thanks to Fairy!

MrkgdR3.png
    t6m3b0V.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back