• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Elements of Fear: Fire

mistersmeargle

is a scatman.
Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2017
    Introduction

Hello, my name is mistersmeargle, I had a couple-of-month-long stint here last year but nothing really came of it, I was one of those people who started project after project but never finished it. But since then I've learned to commit and I've come back with my new hack idea; Pokémon Elements of Fear. It's basically a fusion of two of my hack ideas, Obsidian and Elements.

Base ROM: Pokémon Ruby
    Hack Name: Pokémon Elements of Fear: Fire

Storyline

30 years ago, the legendary Pokemon Kyogre, Leviathan of the Sea, and Groudon, Behemoth of the Land were awakened and engaged in a terrifying battle. Eventually their brother Rayquaza, Ziz of the Sky, was able to calm them and all three retreated to their ancient holdings. However, all was not as it seemed...

Soon after the cataclysmic battle, earthquakes, tsunamis, eruptions, storms, blizzards and natural disasters of every description began to ravage Hoenn. Pacifidlog was swallowed by a volcanic eruption, Lilycove was swept away by a terrible tsunami and Fallarbour was buried under a landslide. Sootopolis has been lost for two decades after a meteor shower decimated the city, sealing it off from the outside world and presumably killing most, if not all, of its inhabitants.

Today, Hoenn has recovered. The new settlements of Iger Island, Solace Bay, Raven City, New Sootopolis, Sanguine Town and Amber Village have helped to cover up the wounds of the past and the other towns have adapted to the new roles thrust upon them. But some still look bitterly back on what they perceive as the final revenge of the Gods of the Sea, Land and Sky, unaware that a mysterious unseen hand was the true cause of the horrors...

You are a young aspiring Pokémon Trainer living in Littleroot Town, the only town left untouched by the natural disasters. Your mother and father, two famous and talented Pokémon trainers of their day, May and Brendan, have decided the time has come for you to follow in their footsteps. They send you to see your grandfather, Birch, a famous Pokémon Professor, for your first Pokémon...

Features

+ Thirty Years Later; the Hoenn region revamped, includes six new towns and many more new areas as well as rehashed originals.
    + Three new Gyms with unique specialities.
    + A plethora of new characters and sprites.
    + An exciting new storyline with encounters with characters old and new, dramatic twists and subplots that bring you all across the region and back again.
    + Plenty of secret goodies to find!

Media

Coming soon.

Team

mistersmeargle - Everything right now.

Credits

HackMew, LU-HO and all the other amazing toolmakers
    Nintendo, Game Freak etc. for the Pokémon Universe
    Assorted tutorial writers, too numerous to mention

Last edited:

DaiTyrant

Sono inochi , Kami no kaishte
    Years
  • Hey , I'm just starting out as a rom hacker ( trying to learn scripting and mapping ) so if you need help , maybe I could help you ? Looks interesting btw

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
  • something abput your hack bothers me if may and brendan are your parents one of them is birch's offspring so one of them is Norman's offspring so if that's the case who is it? and if theirs 3 new gym leaders the old 5 are still gym leaders and never harmed by any natural disasters? and if the weather trio are the main legendaries does that mean they caused the earthquakes, tsunamis, eruptions, storms, blizzards and etc.? and what became of the two teams magma and aqua?

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
    Years
  • Kinda Bad For Me.. Well hope you can finish it =/...
    But just edit the story..... to make it good

-Yasumin >3

Sophidius

Need a storyline? PM me!
    Years
  • something abput your hack bothers me if may and brendan are your parents one of them is birch's offspring so one of them is Norman's offspring so if that's the case who is it?

He's right about this. Since when is Birch your father in the RSE series?

mistersmeargle

is a scatman.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2017
    @ pikachuX: Sootopolis Gym has obviously been lost (probably hinted at by the complete and total destruction of the city and Wallace's probable death) but all that other stuff will be revealed in due time, I'm not gonna just give away the whole plot. And the weather trio actually have little to do with the game, they're just part of the backstory.

@sophidis: In Elements of Fear, Birch is May's father and Norman is Brendan's father, they're both your grandparents.

@Yasumin: If you have no constructive criticism to give, I'd prefer if you stayed away from my threads.

mistersmeargle

is a scatman.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2017
    I am indeed young hazzamon. Thanks for the offer but I prefer to do solo work, even if it means doubling or tripling the time it takes to make the hack.

Back