• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Emerald Plus

Years
  • Pokémon Emerald Plus

Premise

Pokémon Emerald Plus is a ROMhack which intends to lightly improve the base game of Pokémon Emerald. Often, improvement hacks go a little too far for my tastes in editing the base game experience, and soon become their own, separate experiences. This hack seeks to add QOL features and minor improvements to make the game more modern, but doesn't make any changes which create a different experience. The goal is just to make an objectively better experience.

Versions of the Patch

• Pokémon Emerald (Bugfixes): This is a version of the game with bugfixes only. I couldn't find any ROMs that only had bugfixes for the original game (which makes sense, because it isn't a very buggy game), but I thought I would include the option for anybody who wanted it.
    • Pokémon Emerald Plus: This includes QOL features like increased text/battle speed, letting Pokémon forget HM moves, the BW repel system, evolving Pokémon that normally need to be traded without trading, the ability to access the events locked behind mystery gifts, etc. For a full list of changes, read the README.
    • Pokémon Emerald Double Plus: This patch builds on top of Pokémon Emerald Plus by including the Fairy type, the physical/special split, battle mechanics updated to GEN VIII's standards, resueable TMs, a bike which can toggle between mach and acro, a toggelable EXP. share, etc. For a full list of changes, read the README.

Screenshots (NOTE: Screenshots come from both Emerald Plus and Double Plus)

tJhYQyb.png
    jhJa4ZG.png
    DfkZNuY.png
    1uhWdfZ.png
    RCbQAKr.png
    XzWs44C.png

Credits

• Pret - Emerald Decomp & Various bugfixes for Vanilla Emerald
    • ROM Hacking Hideout Organization and DizzyEgg - Pokémon Emerald Battle Engine Upgrade (Fairy Type, Physical/Special split, etc.)
    • DizzyEgg - Nature colors
    • Exposeed - BW Repel system
    • Lunos - 2-in-1 Bike (w/ Blurose), Let Pokémon forget HMS, Updated white out money calculation, Surviving Poison with 1 HP(w/ Blurose), Toggleable EXP. Share (w/ Blurose)
    • Jirachi & Lunos & Sapphire Jester - Showing Hidden Power's strength and type in-game.
    • Ghoulslash - Repeated Medicine Use, Chain Fishing
    • JAIZU - Naming Capitalization Hack
    • Zeturic - Summary Screen wrapping
    • Paccy - Reusable TMs
    • eatthepear & Ketsuban - Gen IV Sitrus Berry Code
    • Buffel Salt - Day/Night condition changes, removing the need to water berries on rainy routes.
    • Ella_trifle - Increased text speed
    • SonikkuA-DatH - Increased HP bar speed
    • Others I might be forgetting (Please let me know if you spot something I forgot to give credit to!)

Bugs

• None so far. I've beaten Double Plus all the way through without issue.

Download

If you have any feedback or thoughts, don't hesitate to let me know! Please read the README for a complete list of changes. Thanks for playing! Patch onto a US Emerald Rom. The .zip files include the source code of each hack.

Download here

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2023
    I have a request?
    Would you like to changes the probability of Synchronize to 100%, since it works guaranteed in Gen 8.

Years
  • Is it possible to complete the national dex in double plus without trading?

I am also curious about this.

And learnsets are Gen III or IV?

Until now it looks like Gen III.

I wish it would be IV because it has a little bit more diversity but you mentioned the original experience. Not sure.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Wow, I didn't get any notifications and didn't see any of this until just now. Thanks everyone for downloading. I'll try to answer some questions:
    Is completing the national dex possible?
    Probably not. The hack doesn't go that far.
    What are the learnsets?
    The learnsets are Gen III. At first, I have them be Gen VII, but this created issues because your rival would know elemental moves and the first fight would be nearly impossible.
    Can I change synchronicity?
    Unfortunately, I'm spent from this project and won't be continuing it further unless there are some massive, terrible bugs. If you want to make this change, the source code is freely available in the download.

KriXtuFher

PoKéMoN Trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2022
    I like the Pokémon Emerald Double Plus patch...and...
    Do you have a plan to create a new patch wherein all the sprites of the Pokemon are updated like in Gen 4?

Years
  • What about this:
    Bugfixes vanilla Pokemon avaible
    Plus Hoenn Dex avaible
    Double Plus National Dex Avaible

Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2022
    This is a pretty great upgrade hack, one of the best I've tried. I keep stumbling across unexpected, convenient new features in E++. Thank you for your efforts.
    The only problem I'm experiencing personally is that I can't decide between playing this mod, or Chronosplit's National Dex version.
    I prefer this mod's balanced QOL touches so much more, but the other mod has all 386 pokemon (and other, different QOL tweaks, like recolored player sprites, fixed ferry events, and running indoors)
    I suspect I'm not smart enough to make both patches play together properly, so I have to decide if I want a vastly improved gameplay experience, or I want to catch 'em all.
    But who knows? Maybe I'll try to learn. Thanks for including the source code.

Years
  • I would love to do something like that, but I honestly don't have the motivation. If there was a decomp hack that had a full national dex and I could just merge it with my hack, I'd do it. Without that, I'm probably not gonna spend the time to do it. If anybody out there wanted to use my source code to make that hack, please feel free to do so (and let me know if you do)!

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2022
    why cant i save my game? everytime i leave it deletes my save file and i had already beaten the 5th gym.

Years
  • why cant i save my game? everytime i leave it deletes my save file and i had already beaten the 5th gym.

I was able to complete the hack just fine, and I don't think I touched saving at all. Are you sure that this issue only occur with my hack? If so, which version of the patch did you use?

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2022
    Would a version without this single feature be possible?
    >All battle mechanics are updated to match their Gen VIII counterpart (Critical capture, no badge boost, changed critical hit chance, new exp gain formulas, new status damage calculation, etc.)

Specifically the new exp gain formulas kinda break the game because the routes weren't designed with that curve in mind. Pokemon from trainers and wild are way too low level compared to gym leaders and rival so training becomes a complete slog.

Other than that this feels like pretty much a definite version of Emerald to play. You accomplished what you set to do 100%.

Last edited:

PkmnFan193

A nice little hack, but one thing I think it's missing is running in doors.

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2023
    Are the PKMN here legal such that I can trade it to Emerald Cross or FRLG+? I really need a Meditite

Back