• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokémon Emerald - ROM Base (Free to Use)

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Yo, Li. i have the issue fixed in PGE.

you should update the rom base. Dizzyeggs and the RHH Pokemon, Item and Engine upgrade have been updated to include newer stuff like generation 8 mons and stuff.

Really? I don't see it

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2023
    He won't update the engine to include gen 8 stuff because he doesn't want to include only some of them, since he cant quite include all gen 8 moves and abilities due to limitations.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2021
    i want to THANK YOU so much for making this beautiful rombase

i have a few questions

1)How were you able to change the default options with hex helper double OH? For me when i put the liberate emerald rom in it only shows a few patching options, no default setting options. Main thing i wanted to do was make the space frame the default one

EDIT: Using dissebly i figured out where the offset is located 0x084356 but when i change the 10 (hex for red and blue border) to 58 (the hex for the space border) the game resets it to the default. So i have no idea what the problem is :(

2)The EXP Share doesn't work for me no matter what I do. I even changed it to a key item in pge and it still doesn't work

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2024
    For some reason, after patching the rom, the new file has an issue when catching Pokemon that causes it to go to a black screen, before returning to the title screen. At first, I thought maybe I had a bad version of the rom, but that doesn't seem to be the case, and the only thing I changed at this point was the starters, turning them into Rowlet, Cyndaquil, and Froakie to test what changing it would feel like.

I don't know what else might've caused it at this point, but has anyone had that issue when catching Pokemon so far?

EDIT: Done more testing, I think it's something to do with my emulator. VBA-M 1.8.0 is what I'm using and having that issue with. I downloaded the standard VBA 1.8 and it doesn't seem to have this problem, so it's not a rom base issue, I just gotta figure out why my emulator is doing this now.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2021
    I made a decomp with the New version of the expansions, it has a lot of new stuff. you should update it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2021
    Yes t is but The Dizzyeggs and RHH expansion can only be applied through building adecomp with them.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Yes t is but The Dizzyeggs and RHH expansion can only be applied through building adecomp with them.

Decomp and binary hacking isn't the same
    I don't think your supposed to build a decomp game and then binary hack that rom
    Or I think I misunderstood you

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2022
    So the new dizzyegg engine and RHH are not compatible this uses a older version that is still useful I don't like decomps it's to hard to set up and I am not using CFRU

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2022
    Creator of the base can you make it possible to add gen 8 mon for me I want add then plus about 5 new fakemon evos

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2021
    Creator of the base can you make it possible to add gen 8 mon for me I want add then plus about 5 new fakemon evos

Ive actually figured out a way to use make the fakemons you add after melmetal catchable, change their pokedex numbers to 1 for both national and hoenn, and you should be able to catch and use them :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2022
    Thank you for the tips but when I add my fakemon icon it replaced the Bulbasaur icon and it brakes other Pokémon icons help

Li Yun

"Does the truth exist or is it all a lie and the w
    Years
  • I have been going through some problems in my personal life, hence my absence. I will respond to everyone as soon as everything is resolved.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2022
    Hello, first I just want to thank you and everybody involved for all the hard work you put into this I have enjoyed my time playing a lot. I have recently encountered an issue when completing the fight with Brawly. The screen completely glitches out and I become unable to move at all. The music in the background is still playing but I cannot move. I tried relaunching, reinstalling, and re-patching the game to no avail. It continues to glitch at the end of the fight with Brawly. The screen closes in in a reverse of the gym mechanic and eventually engulfs all but a small stirp of space around the character. I understand you're currently dealing with personal issues so I do not expect a response any time soon. Just wondering if this was a known issue or if I may have inadvertently done something to mess it up. Thank you ahead of time for whatever insight you may be able to provide.
    Pokémon Emerald - ROM Base (Free to Use)

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2021
    Hello, first I just want to thank you and everybody involved for all the hard work you put into this I have enjoyed my time playing a lot. I have recently encountered an issue when completing the fight with Brawly. The screen completely glitches out and I become unable to move at all. The music in the background is still playing but I cannot move. I tried relaunching, reinstalling, and re-patching the game to no avail. It continues to glitch at the end of the fight with Brawly. The screen closes in in a reverse of the gym mechanic and eventually engulfs all but a small stirp of space around the character. I understand you're currently dealing with personal issues so I do not expect a response any time soon. Just wondering if this was a known issue or if I may have inadvertently done something to mess it up. Thank you ahead of time for whatever insight you may be able to provide.
    Pokémon Emerald - ROM Base (Free to Use)

Try using a different emulator and changing brawly pokemon too see what happens

Back