• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokémon Emerald - ROM Base (Free to Use)

Days
  • Seen Feb 27, 2024
I can't add new move effects unfortunately, I could do it by copying existing move effects, but something like Dire Claw, I can't do.
What if you copy the tri attack effect but make it poison , sleep , para instead of burn, freeze, para? Its technically not a "new" effect right?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
What if you copy the tri attack effect but make it poison , sleep , para instead of burn, freeze, para? Its technically not a "new" effect right?
One, that would also change Tri Attack, two I can't change what effects do, the Battle Engine upgrade messed with the move effects too much already, it's way too difficult to figure them out.

Days
  • Seen Feb 27, 2024
One, that would also change Tri Attack, two I can't change what effects do, the Battle Engine upgrade messed with the move effects too much already, it's way too difficult to figure them out.
I see. Basically just extra work you dont have time for. I understand.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Ok I got it just IMPOSSIBLE ENTIRELY. so does cfru and dpe reprogram a bunch of shit?
So uh, I kinda went and looked deeper, and I managed to figure out stuff about move editing, when I'm done I'll post a toml update that will clear things up a bit, but it'll also be accompanied by a txt file explaining stuff. Moves like dire claw still ain't possible, but we'll have a bit more freedom regarding move editing.

Days
  • Seen Feb 27, 2024
So uh, I kinda went and looked deeper, and I managed to figure out stuff about move editing, when I'm done I'll post a toml update that will clear things up a bit, but it'll also be accompanied by a txt file explaining stuff. Moves like dire claw still ain't possible, but we'll have a bit more freedom regarding move editing.
ok nice. thx for all the effort.

Days
  • Age 20
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Hi, I've put my patched ROM and the .ini file in the same folder under the same name but PGE still doesn't work with it

Days
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Hi, I downloaded the updated version made by Axcellerator, and well, in the main post in ''Programs Compatible with this base'' the cry editor v1.4 link doesn't work, and I tried to download the same version of cry editor elsewhere and it couldn't read the patched ROM, so Idk what to do, I wanted to change the gens 4-7 cries, that are all bulbassaur ones. Could someone help me?

Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2024
Question - I'm brand new to using HMA and I've downloaded and patched the 2.4.7 version onto an Emerald rom. What steps do I now need to take in HMA with regard to the .toml? I can only see Pokemon gens 1-3 in the Pokemon editor tool as of now, for example, and I would imagine that's because I need to let HMA know where to find that data in the .toml. How do I do that (I know very novice question, I apologize)?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Question - I'm brand new to using HMA and I've downloaded and patched the 2.4.7 version onto an Emerald rom. What steps do I now need to take in HMA with regard to the .toml? I can only see Pokemon gens 1-3 in the Pokemon editor tool as of now, for example, and I would imagine that's because I need to let HMA know where to find that data in the .toml. How do I do that (I know very novice question, I apologize)?
There is a toml file inside the download. That toml file needs to be the same name as your rom, and in the same folder as your rom. After that HMA should automatically show you everything that I've managed to make compatible with it.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Hi, I downloaded the updated version made by Axcellerator, and well, in the main post in ''Programs Compatible with this base'' the cry editor v1.4 link doesn't work, and I tried to download the same version of cry editor elsewhere and it couldn't read the patched ROM, so Idk what to do, I wanted to change the gens 4-7 cries, that are all bulbassaur ones. Could someone help me?
Cry editor link no longer works
Here you go.

Attachments

• Cry-Editor-4aligned.zip
    93.1 KB · Views: 11
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
Is there any way to change the ability of the trainer's Pokemon in Hex Maniac, instead of having it fixed at 1?
Thanks in advance.

Back