• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Enigma

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
Years
  • Pokémon Enigma

Enigma
    A dark, obscure, or inexplicable saying; a riddle; a statement, the hidden meaning of which is to be discovered or guessed.

Hack Info
    What kinda ROM we talkin' bout?

Hack of: Fire Red BPRE
    Language: English

Story
    What's going to happen?

Tomorrow is your birthday and you are turning fifteen years old, the age that many start their journey into the world of pokémon. You decide to go for one last walk before you go to bed for the night. On you're walk, you happen to stumble upon a worn and weathered looking journal. Many of the pages are blank, but while flipping through the journal, you find a page with hasty scribblings on it. The handwriting is rather bad and is somewhat illegible. You can make out only a few letters. The other ones are impossible for you to figure out.

It reads:
    (Note: If you figure out what it says, don't post it here, private message me.)
    Spoiler:

You decide to take it to Dr. Stone, who lives in your town of Trillium Town. You've heard that he is an expert on ruins and archeology. You set off to his house, to find no one is home. You realize he must be off on an errand to Floracia City; the Archeology Center is there. Just as you are about to leave, Dr. Stone comes walking towards you. You tell him about the journal and he hushs you and hurries you to his house. Now that you two are safe to talk without the chance of eavesdroppers, he tells you all the knowledge he has on the subject. He says that this journal entry may be the key to solving this mystery... And so your journey begins.

(I realize that the storyline doesn't mention how you get your first pokémon or why you take the gym challenge, but I don't want to release that info. It might spoil some of the game.)

Background
    Let's learn about the region!

Your journey begins in the northern area of the Siprus Region.
    In the Siprus Region, there are three types of terrain you'll encounter:

• In the north is a warm temperate climate teeming with leafy vegetation and lush forests.
    • In the east is an arid and dry desert with arduous mountains and deep canyons.
    • And in the south is a cold and bitter sub-arctic climate with vicious ice storms and frozen lakes scattered throughout the area.
    Pokémon Enigma

You'll encounter many different types of pokémon in the region of Siprus. You'll need to train hard and wisely, as this region will put your skills of pokémon training to the ultimate test. Build a team of pokémon that can withstand any type that is thrown at you. Kindle strong relationships with them because, they may be your only friends in this region...

Features
    What's new in the hack?

• Custom Maps
    • New Evolutions
    • Some DP Pokémon
    • Decapitalization
    • A completely new Pokédex
      • Not fakemon, just reordered with a few pokemon from each region
    • Some new movesets
    • Unique storyline
    • A new starter

Media
    How does the hack look?

Screenshots

Team
    Who's doing the work?

Mapping
    -Myself
    Scripting
    -Myself
    Spriting
    -Myself
    Beta Testers
    -Taa9210
    -Fugoddish151
    -Oddishinator151
    -SkythurBathandBeyond151

Credits
    Who made it happen?

Xiro - tiles
    pey! - tiles
    rhevarhe_duh - tiles
    kyledove - tiles

saurav - tiles

Support
    How can I help spread the word?

Pokémon Enigma

Code:
    [url*="https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164955"][img*]https://img28.picoodle.com/img/img28/2/6/7/sasquatchd00d/f_enigmauserbm_263c65b.png[/img][/url]

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    First post!
    Nice storyline and maps. Good luck on this.

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
    Years
  • Time for a small update.

Mapping of the first few towns and routes is going well. I'm not going to post them just to keep from spoiling the whole hack. I haven't really done any scripting yet; just a few small ones here and there.

I can't really decide on what type the first gym will be. I'm thinking grass, but that seems like a common first gym. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Your maps have excellency written all over them, and so do your ideas. :D

Grass would seem to fit a first gym just fine. I haven't seen many Grass first gyms, so it isn't too common in my opinion.

Tunaboy88

Special Beam Cannon!!!!!!!!!!!
    Years
  • Storyline Awesome!
    Maps Awesome!
    Pokemon Enigma Awesome!

And could I be a Beta Test for
    Pokemon Enigma?

-----------------------------------
    Play my hack Pokemon Triken
    -----------------------------------

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
    Years
  • I've got some updates:

DP Pokemon that are guaranteed:

01. Starly
    02. Staravia
    03. Staraptor
    04. Leafeon
    05. Glaceon
    06. Magnezone
    07. Electivire
    08. Magmortar
    09. Mamoswine
    10. Gallade
    11. Giratina
    12. Ambipom
    13. Shinx
    14. Luxio
    15. Luxray
    16. Probopass
    17. Dusknoir
    18. Tangrowth
    19. Weavile
    20. Snover
    21. Abomasnow
    22. Buizel
    23. Floatzel
    24. Rhyperior
    25. Darkrai

Some new evolutions:

Graveler - Golem (LVL 40)
    Haunter - Gengar (LVL 40)
    Onix - Steelix (LVL 28)
    Scyther - Scizor (LVL 28)
    Poliwhirl - Politoed (LVL 40)
    Kadabra - Alakazam (LVL 40)
    Machoke - Machamp (LVL 40)
    Slowpoke - Slowking (Water Stone)
    Seadra - Kingdra (LVL 45)
    Eevee - Umbreon (Moon Stone)
    Eevee - Espeon (Sun Stone)

Last edited:

Shaymew

likes when Dunsparce Glares
    Years
  • Offer :)

You said you needed a spriter? well, i am ok at spriting, and know some people who are really good at it, so icould probably get them to help... but, we are kinda desperate for a scripter............so if you might help with scripting a little, i can probably get you lots of help.

I will help you eve if you dont accept the offer, but im notsure if my friends will....anyway, heres an AMBIPOM!!!!
    Pokémon Enigma

He is very ambidextrious, so be careful...he might steal your wallet!
    Hahaha
    also, great story...sounds very mysterious...like a ghost with a cane made from glue....

Last edited:

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
    Years
  • Shaymew, thank you for the offer, but I don't need any spriters now. The only thing I had in mind was maybe overworlds and I might be able to do that myself. I appreciate the offer though. Also, I'm actually not a very good scripter. My stong point is mapping and I'm still learning a lot about scripting.

Shaymew

likes when Dunsparce Glares
    Years
  • Shaymew, thank you for the offer, but I don't need any spriters now. The only thing I had in mind was maybe overworlds and I might be able to do that myself. I appreciate the offer though. Also, I'm actually not a very good scripter. My stong point is mapping and I'm still learning a lot about scripting.

o ok...

well, um... i will still plan on playing this hack and....have a nie day :D

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    The newly updated screens look pretty good. I think the mountain needs little palette changes; maybe darken it.
    Good luck.

Nikkie.

Nikeiphoros, eh?
    Years
  • Great

Errm hi, my question i've always wanted to ask is;
    Do those flowers come with annimation? Im asking because I love 'em
    soo much.

I like the story line alot, mainly because of how you've hidden most of the details..
    Good luck with this, I'd offer to help, but I heven't seen you struggle with anything..
    yet :badsmile:

Could we see more features please?

Drevilm~

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    I haven't been on this thread in awhile, but with those new tiles, the maps look AMAZING. Great job. The only thing I've spotted wrong would probably be the waterfalls in Floracia Brooke, and the grass could maybe use a darked pallette. But besides that, good luck.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • Maps look great! I think that people learn the most from making a hack, so basic scriptting defenentaly should be fine. Advanced scripts might take some time to learn though. I'll watch this vigerously. This certanly has quite a lot of potencial.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back