• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platinum hack: Pokémon Entrance Randomizer

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2022

Pokemon Entrance Randomizer

About this

This adds several settings to the existing Universal Pokemon Randomizer ZX. Currently these settings only work with Platinum (U). More games are planned to have entrance randomization in the future.

Features

• Map Randomizer - Generates a randomized map for the player to traverse, with trainers and wild encounters scaled. Guarantees a completable map that cannot cause softlocks.
    • Gym Shuffler - Each city with a gym contains a random gym. The trainers and gym leader are scaled to the city they are in.
    • Elite 4 Shuffler - Creates a random order of Elite 4 members.

Screenshots

Pokémon Entrance Randomizer

Credits

• SilverstarStream: created each of the above settings
    • Ajarmar & tom-overton: the ZX randomizer source code - special thanks to both for initial feedback to my additions and advice
    • Dabomstew: the original Universal Pokemon Randomizer source code
    • Spiky-Eared Pichu: the SDSME program and source code - each helped me understand how to put everything together

Known Issues

• Hearthome Gym's darkness effect is removed if it is in a city after Hearthome.
    • Gym leader's dialogue can exceed line length and cut off letters.
    More details about these issues can be found on the repository's main page.

Download

Randomizer Download

Repository

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2022
    Version 0.1.1 Release

New features:

• Custom gym leader teams. This feature was added for the following reasons:
      • Allows users to customize the teams each gym leader uses with Gym Shuffling.
      • Allows for users to easily know exactly how each gym leader's team is constructed by referencing the corresponding json.
      • Crowdsourcing of leader teams. Have a suggestion on how to improve or balance gym leader teams? Submit an issue with the suggestion template describing what changes you made and your custom json file for consideration.
      • Keeping gym leader teams in a json format like this helps minimize future errors with gym leader teams.
    • Option to include or ignore gym leader Pokemon in Foe Pokemon randomization (found in "Foe Pokemon").
    Bug fixes:

• Cheryl's Chansey did not scale to Eterna Forest's placement in Map Randomizer. Cheryl was added to the list of trainers in Eterna Forest.
    • Most gym leader teams that included Shadow Ball instead had Sing. This has been fixed by moving gym leader teams to pt_leader_teams.json

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • This sounds absolutely dope! I've been wanting to replay Platinum for good bit. Does the randomizer share compatibility with the recently recently released following platinum patch? Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2022
    Is it complete??
    I'm not sure what you mean by complete. I'll say my support of Platinum is complete unless I fix bugs in the future since I don't have any more features I want to add to Platinum. Hopefully I answered your question.

This sounds absolutely dope! I've been wanting to replay Platinum for good bit. Does the randomizer share compatibility with the recently recently released following platinum patch? Thanks!
    I guess you forgot to link the patch? In any case, my general answer is that I really can't support ROM hacks for the randomizer. You can try to patch Platinum and then run the patched ROM through the randomizer, but don't expect it to work. It depends on what the patch patches.

Whenever a ROM is loaded in the randomizer it needs to load a lot of data from the ROM, not just what's used for entrances. So if the randomizer can't accommodate some part of the ROM, then it can't randomize that ROM. So even if a ROM hack doesn't alter maps or entrances in any way, it can still fail to load.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    I've been really enjoying playing this with entrances and gyms shuffled, but unfortunately I encountered a bug right near the end that prevented me from finishing without the use of a walk through walls cheat.

The entrances for Eterna City Gym and Sunnyshore City Gym both took me inside Sunnyshore Gym. Meanwhile, the inside of Canalave Gym was completely inaccessible and I couldn't get my 8th gym badge. When attempting to exit Sunnyshore Gym, it would place me in Eterna City.

In the log for the seed, the shuffled gyms were listed as follows:

--Shuffle Gyms--
    Gym 1 Oreburgh City: Eterna Gym
    Gym 2 Eterna City: Sunyshore Gym
    Gym 3 Hearthome City: Snowpoint Gym
    Gym 4 Veilstone City: Hearthome Gym
    Gym 5 Pastoria City: Veilstone Gym
    Gym 6 Canalave City: Pastoria Gym
    Gym 7 Snowpoint City: Oreburgh Gym
    Gym 8 Sunyshore City: Canalave Gym

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2022
    Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2022
    I've been really enjoying playing this with entrances and gyms shuffled, but unfortunately I encountered a bug right near the end that prevented me from finishing without the use of a walk through walls cheat.

Hey, I was able to figure out the issue from just your description, so don't bother uploading the log. Sorry about what happened. I had messed up how the last gym gets written when gyms are shuffled. I'll push a fix for this soon. Unfortunately I can't offer an alternative solution for using the randomizer right now, but good on you for using cheats to get around this. It sounds like you got around the problem, but please let me know if you still need help finishing your playthrough.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2022
    Hey, i downloaded the PokeEntranceRandov0_1_1b.zip what do i gotta do next patch?? Can someone explain me

It's not a patch, it's a new executable/program. Every time the randomizer updates, it will require downloading the new version of the randomizer to replace the old version. v0.1.1b is the current version, so you just have to launch the randomizer with the launcher. Assuming you're on Windows, just unzip the zip folder then double-click the included launcher_WINDOWS.bat.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2022
    It's not a patch, it's a new executable/program. Every time the randomizer updates, it will require downloading the new version of the randomizer to replace the old version. v0.1.1b is the current version, so you just have to launch the randomizer with the launcher. Assuming you're on Windows, just unzip the zip folder then double-click the included launcher_WINDOWS.bat.

Oh, do you have any idea how do I do this on Android??

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2022
    It's not intended to be run exclusively on mobile. You'll have to randomize the ROM on some kind of PC then move it to your phone if you want to play it there.

Can you randomize the rom on Your Pc Then pass me a link which i can download & play from, im a poketuber named "King Kingler" and i would like to showcase this!!

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2022
    Can you randomize the rom on Your Pc Then pass me a link which i can download & play from, im a poketuber named "King Kingler" and i would like to showcase this!!

No, absolutely not? I can't share copyrighted material, including patched ROMs. This goes against PokeCommunity rules, which in turn exist because of copyright law. I shouldn't have to explain this.

Back