• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Question] Pokémon Essentials D/P/PL

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2020
    I've looked, but maybe I just haven't looked hard enough. Is there a version of Pokémon essentials, like Pokémon essentials GS or BW, that is styled like Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum instead? Does anyone have a link and credits?

Natzen

Creator of Pokémon: Sanguine
    Years
  • I think the closest thing to a gen 4 essentials kit would be the essentials DS kit (2.0 i think is the most current) from Venom.
    I can't link it but a quick google search will fix you up for sure, you'd probably have to find some gen 4 tilesets however.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2020
    So I'll need dppt tilesets, Battle ui, and character overworlds, but do you know how I could change the hgss bottom screen into a dppt bottom screen? And add a dppt pause menu?

Natzen

Years
  • (broken link removed)
    (broken link removed)

Both resources can be accredited to Marin, I think they're both plug and play as well (or able to be added/tampered with very little additional code).

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2020
    Awesome! Just one more question, Pokémon essentials ds 2.0 is super laggy and has EBS already installed. Is there a way to make it so that it uses the regular battle? Otherwise, is it possible to make default essentials dual screen with just the Pokétch on the bottom?

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2020
    Wait a minute, in the Pokétch script, does it say that the Pokétch can be used with default essentials but dual screen also?

Natzen

Years
  • I would definitely recommend just starting from a clean 17.2 and adding the features you want as opposed to stripping DS kit 2.0 down, you can make a second screen (rather) easily, I suggest checking out:

https://essentialsdocs.fandom.com/wiki/Dual_screen (some tips, not really telling of how to do it though)

pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=400871 (Particularly the Dual Screen Usage part, that's more a directive on how to achieve the dual-screen)

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2020
    Right, I'll do that. I installed Marin and Luka's utilities, and then the pause menu and Pokétch scripts, and I get this error when starting the game:
    Script 'Poketch_Apps' line 1855: NameError occurred

undefined method 'pbTrade' for class 'PokemonTradeScene'

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2020
    Pokémon Essentials D/P/PL

Natzen

Years
  • Right, I'll do that. I installed Marin and Luka's utilities, and then the pause menu and Pokétch scripts, and I get this error when starting the game:
    Script 'Poketch_Apps' line 1855: NameError occurred

undefined method 'pbTrade' for class 'PokemonTradeScene'

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=10153403#post10153403

Check out the response from Marin here, seems others have run into the issue and he's come up with a workaround for it already.

tl'dr : create new script section above the PScreen scripts and call it whatever, fill it with

Code:
    class PoketchClock
    end

class PoketchCalculator
    end
    etc etc for all the poketch apps that need to be defined, that *should* clear up your error!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2020
    It's working perfectly now! All I have to do is mess with the the battle screen and it'll look super DPPT, thanks!

Natzen

Years
  • No worries, to pay it forward; if you find any free-to-use DPPt battle resources you should link them here for anyone else that wanders about this thread wondering the same thing!

Good luck with your game :)

Back