• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Essentials DS Help

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2012
    So I recently downloaded Pokemon Essentials DS and wanted to ask a question regarding the follow script.

What does this command do?

Code:
    pbPokemonFollow(33)

More specifically what does the number mean and how does the code work overall?

When I test this on an unedited copy of Essentials DS it works great (press the action button to the right of the person that gives you six Pokemon). When I try it on my edited copy it doesn't work (note that I have not edited any scripts; only transferred them over to my project.

Also note that I'm remaking Pokémon Yellow and want it to only show the Pikachu sprite while it's in your party.

Also, is there a way to fix the error when talking to your Pokemon (I tried on the unedited copy of Essentials DS and it froze).

Thanks.

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    First off post bugs in Essential DS Thread, not create new topic, i know the talkooo to pokemon bug it will be fixed in next realse.

The command "pbPokemonFollow(33)" add following event.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2012
    So do I need two events for this to work? An event for the command and a "Following" event?

Also does this work for any number of Pokemon in your party or does it require six?

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Yes It need to have name following, andi"pbPokemonFollow(event ID)"

And you just need one pokemon in party. Also i want to make a setting to use jsut one pokemon to follow you.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2012
    Thanks a lot mate. Another quick thing. Are the attack buttons supposed to work in battle. If so mine are not. If not how do you disable them for now?

Back