• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I'm having an issue where I try to launch the game from the homebrew menu, and just brings me back to the homebrew menu after trying to load.
    I'm not sure exactly what's going on there, could be a faulty romfs? Might be worth trying to rebuild it. I'll see if I can come up with some more useful suggestions for you soon.

Hey there! Just made an account to praise this hack! I was getting a bit of trobules with the patching, but now that i made it it works perfect! Its both balanced and fun to play! Really good job!
    Btw, any plans in making one for ORAS?
    Thanks! No plans to make one for ORAS (might do Sun and Moon though) right now, but if you're looking for something with similar difficulty I'd recommend Drayano's Rising Ruby and Sinking Sapphire (there's a download link somewhere on his twitter account).

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2016
    Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire now has an ability to add a modified version of the official patch. Is it possible to include that in EX/WY?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire now has an ability to add a modified version of the official patch. Is it possible to include that in EX/WY?
    Definitely, that will be added in version 1.4. I should have it finished and uploaded in two or three weeks from now.

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2016
    I'm having an issue where I try to launch the game from the homebrew menu, and just brings me back to the homebrew menu after trying to load.
    I think your problem is that you're not putting the correct hans files in the right place. You need to put the files at the root of the 3DS, aka the top "layer." I got this mixed up by putting the files in the 3ds/hans section as well.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    So, after a good amount of time invested in this so far I'm past gym 7 with some hefty level 70s :D, however I've reached a point which really needs a nerf as I am struggling.

The route 19 bridge battle with shauna, tiemo etc...OMG.

6 on 6 battles, no break, straight into another 6 on 6 battle is just a little too tough, unless i had a ton of max revives which i dont coz you cant buy them anywhere, but it's just too intense.

Could you maybe look at reducing the levels of thier pokemon, or reducing them to 4 pokemon or 5 pokemon each? 6v12 just is too hard and even with my 77 mega blastoise which usually stomps anything.

Other than that so far i've had a blast :), another change needed maybe would be to make the Yveltal encounter a level 60 at least rather than level 50 as i've had to lucky egg grind him up 10-12 levels to a suitable competing level, so with the fact you have level 70 pokemon by this point IMO it makes sense to buff Yveltal legendary encounter (and any others that are as low as level 50).

Looking forward to next updates though :), only other thing I could suggest is mix up team flares pokemon a bit, I grow tired of liepard, scrafty, golbats etc, need something unique! I'd even argue elites and bosses should be rolling some gen 1 and gen 2 legendaries to spice up the battles a bit! Not grunts, just the elite admins, bosses and lysandre himself :).

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    So, after a good amount of time invested in this so far I'm past gym 7 with some hefty level 70s :D, however I've reached a point which really needs a nerf as I am struggling.

The route 19 bridge battle with shauna, tiemo etc...OMG.

6 on 6 battles, no break, straight into another 6 on 6 battle is just a little too tough, unless i had a ton of max revives which i dont coz you cant buy them anywhere, but it's just too intense.

Could you maybe look at reducing the levels of thier pokemon, or reducing them to 4 pokemon or 5 pokemon each? 6v12 just is too hard and even with my 77 mega blastoise which usually stomps anything.

Yeah, I'll definitely look at doing something about that part. In any other gen I'd just have them heal you in between the battles; it's a shame script editing isn't available yet.

Other than that so far i've had a blast :), another change needed maybe would be to make the Yveltal encounter a level 60 at least rather than level 50 as i've had to lucky egg grind him up 10-12 levels to a suitable competing level, so with the fact you have level 70 pokemon by this point IMO it makes sense to buff Yveltal legendary encounter (and any others that are as low as level 50).

Glad you enjoyed it! The Yveltal encounter should be level 60 already unless you're playing via HANS, which doesn't support cro file modifications. If you're playing via custom firmware, did you replace the DLLField.cro file with the edited one? If not, doing so should change the levels of all the static encounters, and remove their shiny lock.

Looking forward to next updates though :), only other thing I could suggest is mix up team flares pokemon a bit, I grow tired of liepard, scrafty, golbats etc, need something unique! I'd even argue elites and bosses should be rolling some gen 1 and gen 2 legendaries to spice up the battles a bit! Not grunts, just the elite admins, bosses and lysandre himself :).

They do get a bit repetitive don't they? I wanted to stick with their Fire/Electric/generic evil team mons theme, so a lot of the grunts wound up with similar teams. They were mostly intended to be annoying rather than challenging. That said, I'll see if I can work some more variety into their rosters for the next update. Not sure about giving the bosses legendaries; that's something I reserved for Insanity. Most of them do show up a bit later on in the games in all versions, though.

Responses in bold. Thanks for taking the time to type all this up, feedback is always appreciated!

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Thnaks :) Yeah the 6v12 atm has me holding back lol, it's delfating at times haha, just needs a 'mon reduction maybe.

Yeah i'm playing via hans via the modded file with my cart, well the thing is I have both hans and custom firmware...in that, I have hans and if i boot to home menu it's version 9.2, i have emuNAND and all that so perhaps i could try to play it a different way but the easiest way was using the cart.

As in, i launch LUMA and i have system version "EMU 11.0.0-33E" but i have homebrew installed before boot ofc, then, if i just let the DS boot, it boots to normal 9.2 version so perhaps there is a way or something im doing wrong lol.

Unless you mean before rebuilding the thing RomFS file, to add the DLLField.cro file from the CRO folder and rebuild and that should mod the static encounters? If so i'll rebuild and do that, hopefully wont bugger my save game up lol :D.

Thanks for info though :) yeah maybe not legends, just a tad more variety :).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Thnaks :) Yeah the 6v12 atm has me holding back lol, it's delfating at times haha, just needs a 'mon reduction maybe.

Yeah i'm playing via hans via the modded file with my cart, well the thing is I have both hans and custom firmware...in that, I have hans and if i boot to home menu it's version 9.2, i have emuNAND and all that so perhaps i could try to play it a different way but the easiest way was using the cart.

As in, i launch LUMA and i have system version "EMU 11.0.0-33E" but i have homebrew installed before boot ofc, then, if i just let the DS boot, it boots to normal 9.2 version so perhaps there is a way or something im doing wrong lol.

Unless you mean before rebuilding the thing RomFS file, to add the DLLField.cro file from the CRO folder and rebuild and that should mod the static encounters? If so i'll rebuild and do that, hopefully wont bugger my save game up lol :D.

Thanks for info though :) yeah maybe not legends, just a tad more variety :).

If you want to keep playing before the next update you could always buy a bunch of Revival Herbs from the store in Lumiose, they work just like Max Revives (as long as you don't care about your Pokemon's happiness stat). Alternatively, you could use a few O-Powers and just sweep the rivals with your Blastoise.

To get the cro file changes you'll have to run the game by building a .cia file and then installing that with FBI. This will install the hack to your SD card as an entire game, so it'll work like an e-shop title. It's a pretty tedious process though; whether or not it's worth doing is up to you. HANS will freeze with any cro file changes even if you also have Luma.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Revival herbs...good shout heh.

O-powers...I ALWAYS forget about them i've never used them haha, thanks, will give it a go :). Look forward to next update.

By the way, do you plan to do a ORAS hack edit? Or will you be waiting for Sun and Moon?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Revival herbs...good shout heh.

O-powers...I ALWAYS forget about them i've never used them haha, thanks, will give it a go :). Look forward to next update.

By the way, do you plan to do a ORAS hack edit? Or will you be waiting for Sun and Moon?

Honestly I never use O-Powers either outside of the EXP and Egg hatching ones, they seem like they'd be useful in this situation though.
    I've got no plans to make an ORAS hack ATM (I'm working on Platinum right now, don't think it'll be finished any time soon), but if there's an easy way to port over all my level up move changes I might make one at some point. That was the most time consuming part of EXWY, so if I don't have to do it all again I could probably whip one up in a week or so. Might actually look into it after 1.4 is released next week.

I'll definitely be hacking Sun and Moon though, I'll probably start on that as soon as I finish playing them.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Version 1.4 is finally up! This one includes a lot of minor fixes, some extra Pokemon and mart edits, and a few balance changes. As usual the changelog in the OP has all the details, but these are the major ones:
    • You can now buy Ability Capsules after the second badge
    • Shauna and Tierno have been nerfed slightly so that battling them consecutively isn't needlessly difficult
    • The trainers in Restaurant Le Nah and Restaurant Le Yeah now use teams made up mostly of Audino, Chansey and Blissey. These all reward massive amounts of EXP, so if you want to grind a few levels, you can now do it very quickly.
    Unfortunately I wasn't able to get the title updates working; the files are ready to go but 3DS hacking toolkit refuses to build them; I'll try again next time it's updated. Other than that, this will be the last update to the games. That said, please feel free to ask questions and report bugs in the thread; I'll still keep an eye on it and fix things if needed.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2023
    Version 1.4 is finally up! This one includes a lot of minor fixes, some extra Pokemon and mart edits, and a few balance changes. As usual the changelog in the OP has all the details, but these are the major ones:
    • You can now buy Ability Capsules after the second badge
    • Shauna and Tierno have been nerfed slightly so that battling them consecutively isn't needlessly difficult
    • The trainers in Restaurant Le Nah and Restaurant Le Yeah now use teams made up mostly of Audino, Chansey and Blissey. These all reward massive amounts of EXP, so if you want to grind a few levels, you can now do it very quickly.
    Unfortunately I wasn't able to get the title updates working; the files are ready to go but 3DS hacking toolkit refuses to build them; I'll try again next time it's updated. Other than that, this will be the last update to the games. That said, please feel free to ask questions and report bugs in the thread; I'll still keep an eye on it and fix things if needed.

This looks awesome! Out of curiosity, what d'you mean when you say title updates?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    This looks awesome! Out of curiosity, what d'you mean when you say title updates?
    Thanks! By title updates I mean the official patches Gamefreak released; it's possible to edit and rebuild them to include all the hack's files (except the cro changes, which cause freezes when loaded from a patch). It'd make the installation process much less convoluted, as I could just add the patch cias to the downloads. No more save and Poke Ball glitches would be a nice side effect too. Unfortunately when I try to rebuild the modified patch 3DS hacking toolkit spits out a romfs file and says it's done. Don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2023
    Thanks! By title updates I mean the official patches Gamefreak released; it's possible to edit and rebuild them to include all the hack's files (except the cro changes, which cause freezes when loaded from a patch). It'd make the installation process much less convoluted, as I could just add the patch cias to the downloads. No more save and Poke Ball glitches would be a nice side effect too. Unfortunately when I try to rebuild the modified patch 3DS hacking toolkit spits out a romfs file and says it's done. Don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Does that maintain code changes like the mart item stuff? I vaguely remember that being an issue with patches.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Does that maintain code changes like the mart item stuff? I vaguely remember that being an issue with patches.

Yeah, I can add those to the updates code file with a hex editor. It only causes problems normally because the update .code overrides the one in the ROM.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2016
    So then if the patch process hasn't been simplified as originaly planned, would you either be able to upload the version of the patch-program used in the patch instructions or update the instructions so it matches the lastest version?

Or if you could upload an pre patched EU Legal version of X that'd be great.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    So then if the patch process hasn't been simplified as originaly planned, would you either be able to upload the version of the patch-program used in the patch instructions or update the instructions so it matches the lastest version?

Or if you could upload an pre patched EU Legal version of X that'd be great.

Unfortunately I don't have the installer for the old hacking toolkit anymore, and I can't get most of the latest version to actually work. I'll look into it though, chances are the whole process will just turn out to be a bit more complicated than it should be.

I can't upload an entire ROM because it's against the rules here (it is piracy after all), but I could make an xdelta patch which you could apply directly to a ROM you've acquired, which would cut out the extraction and rebuilding process. Provided you download a pre-built .cia from somewhere, you could just apply the patch to that and install the game.

EDIT: So it looks like the only part that isn't working is the CR command, which isn't important anyway. I'll update the guide soon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2023
    Unfortunately I don't have the installer for the old hacking toolkit anymore, and I can't get most of the latest version to actually work.

Are you talking about Asia's kit? If so I've got versions 3.5, 4.3 and 5.3, if you need any of those? I could upload them.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Are you talking about Asia's kit? If so I've got versions 3.5, 4.3 and 5.3, if you need any of those? I could upload them.

Yeah, if you could upload 4.3 that would be great!
    I don't think there's actually anything wrong with 5.3, I just have no idea how to get it to work. Have you tried building a cia with it at any point?

Back