• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2016
    Yes I have them in the same folder (PackHack; they are called DecryptedRomFS.bin and DecryptedExeFS.bin; also there is a CleanTool in the same folder)

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Yes I have them in the same folder (PackHack; they are called DecryptedRomFS.bin and DecryptedExeFS.bin; also there is a CleanTool in the same folder)
    That's all correct, I don't know what's going on there. Haven't been able to replicate the error on my end either unfortunately. You could try to find an alternative program to decompress the binaries (there are some old command line tools for this on gbatemp), or if you'd like I can give you a couple of patches to apply the hack to them instead. Just let me me know which version you'd like and what you're using to play it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Wanted to play Gen6 again while waiting for Sun/Moon, but they're freaking easy, so I decided to play your hack, Wilting Y Legal Version.

To those who are interested, I'm uploading on YouTube my battles against bosses on Wilting Y. :3
    Just watched a few of them, I'm glad to see the bosses are actually putting up a fight. Beating Grant with that team was impressive, you do have a bit of a rock weakness there (won't matter now that he's out of the way though). Would you mind if I added your link to the OP?

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    I'm trying to figure out how to make a .CIA, but I ended up with the Nintendo 3DS logo booting for infinity and had to reset. The icon is black and it has nothing to display, no "Pokemon Y" or anything like that. There isn't anything to do after Uncart, so I was stuck with Braindump. Do you know what's going on?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I'm trying to figure out how to make a .CIA, but I ended up with the Nintendo 3DS logo booting for infinity and had to reset. The icon is black and it has nothing to display, no "Pokemon Y" or anything like that. There isn't anything to do after Uncart, so I was stuck with Braindump. Do you know what's going on?

I can't say for certain, but those are usually symptoms of building a .CIA without a header (or with a broken one). Did you use the DecryptedExHeader.bin file included in the download? It should work as long as your CFW is region free.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    I can't say for certain, but those are usually symptoms of building a .CIA without a header (or with a broken one). Did you use the DecryptedExHeader.bin file included in the download? It should work as long as your CFW is region free.

Yeah, I used the DecryptedExHeader.bin in the download. How do I tell if my CFW is region free?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Yeah, I used the DecryptedExHeader.bin in the download. How do I tell if my CFW is region free?

If it's one of the newer ones (Luma or ReiNand) it's region free by default. Not sure about the others. Which version were you building? I'll see if I can get a working cia made of it, could be a problem with the files themselves.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    If it's one of the newer ones (Luma or ReiNand) it's region free by default. Not sure about the others. Which version were you building? I'll see if I can get a working cia made of it, could be a problem with the files themselves.

Yeah, Luma3DS. I was building the newest version of Pokemon Wilting Y off the base cartridge version of Y.

Lithobraker

Practicioner of the fine art of breaking one's fal
    Years
  • Hey, I took another look at this and realized that Buizel isn't even listed as available, you can only catch Floatzel at Level 44.
    I think it'd be nice if you could try to fit Buizel somewhere into one of the earlier routes. I'd love to use one on my next playthrough, with that massive 120 attack stat.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Yeah, Luma3DS. I was building the newest version of Pokemon Wilting Y off the base cartridge version of Y.
    Are you using the .cro file? I assumed they were the same for X and Y, so the one in the download is from X; seems like they are actually different. Haven't tested it myself, but it a few people have had problems running Y lately so that's probably the issue. Sorry for the hassle, I'll get a fix up tonight.

Hey, I took another look at this and realized that Buizel isn't even listed as available, you can only catch Floatzel at Level 44.
    I think it'd be nice if you could try to fit Buizel somewhere into one of the earlier routes. I'd love to use one on my next playthrough, with that massive 120 attack stat.
    Yeah, I think there's some room in Route 7's 30 encounter slots, I'll add Buizel in there. It'll be level 19, but at least that's better than level 44.

EDIT: Version 1.23 is now available. This should fix the issues with installed Wilting Y games freezing on launch (it's working for me at least). In addition, Buizel has replaced Roselia in the regular grass on Route 7. Roselia can still be found in the yellow and purple flowers.

Last edited:

Lithobraker

Practicioner of the fine art of breaking one's fal
    Years
  • Installing the update now. Thanks, Buffel!
    While it's doing that, though, I have one question: I've just caught a Budew. I want a Roserade with Technician, so she can have a 90-Power Mega Drain. Does Poison Point become Technician later?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Installing the update now. Thanks, Buffel!
    While it's doing that, though, I have one question: I've just caught a Budew. I want a Roserade with Technician, so she can have a 90-Power Mega Drain. Does Poison Point become Technician later?

You're welcome! Yeah, Poison Point becomes Technician (I figured it would be more useful than Leaf Guard). I'm glad to see you noticed the 90 power Mega Drain/Technician combo, Roserade was the reason I made that change in the first place.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Your hack looks awesome man!

Wish I could play it.

Thanks! It'll be playable on PC eventually (right now you can play it in slow motion using citra, wouldn't recommend it though). Alternatively, if you've got a 3DS with an older firmware on it I can point you to a guide to get it set up with custom firmware.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    I tried it with the new patch, same thing happened, with the blank icon and everything. I placed the .CRO file to replace the one in the RomFS and replaced like the instructions said. No dice.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I tried it with the new patch, same thing happened, with the blank icon and everything. I placed the .CRO file to replace the one in the RomFS and replaced like the instructions said. No dice.
    Hmm, I dont know what's going wrong there. I'd suggest downloading a prebuilt cia (hking0036 has downloads for all versions available, a quick google search for "eternal x cia" should find the page), hopefully that will work.

Will updating the game break any changes?
    Yeah, the update will overwrite the wild Pokémon, mart and text changes.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    Hmm, I dont know what's going wrong there. I'd suggest downloading a prebuilt cia (hking0036 has downloads for all versions available, a quick google search for "eternal x cia" should find the page), hopefully that will work.

Well, I just figured out how to get it working with CFW, specifically arm9loaderhax and Luma3DS. There isn't a custom icon, but it does work. Once I figure out how to change the game ID, I'll type up the tutorial. Can you post a document with important trainer party info? I walked into Insanity Mode and got screwed by Viola off the bat.

Back