• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Exceeded - Every Pokémon exceeded their limits, enabling more than one ability!

Zero-G

on the fly
Years
  • Looks very promising. Will play this one some more. Love the idea of innates, but one humble request if I may:

Please change fishing to FRLG style (meaning every time you get a bite, you will have a pokemon and it doesn't just bust off.) That fishing has always been the biggest turn off in RSE to me. Many other hacks also do this (I know Emerald Final did, I'm pretty sure Genesis and Inclement also do, and Unbound has it aswell iirc).
    Other than that, I don't see too many flaws. Just a little request.

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2023
    The lvl 20 wishiwashi at the Museum is a bit much, IMO. It'd be an overly-difficult fight even if it didn't have the Sitrus Berry. The list of things that can survive a dive from it is extremely short at that point in the game, and it's stupidly tanky too, obviously. Excessively pigeon-holing.

Last edited:

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • OK, another bit of frustration I'm going through- I HATE having to reset for hours to get the right combo of Natures and IVs. So I hope somewhere down the line, a Perfect IVs option gets added to the options at the start.

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2023
    So how do trade evolutions work? As well as whenever i use a item in battle it automatically throws a masterball instead, im doing a nuzlocke randomizer and i kind of need to heal in battle

Zero-G

on the fly
    Years
  • Something I noticed: The RTC (I use mGBA) literally doesn't work. No matter when I'm playing, I get the "Morning" pokemon encounters.

I tried resetting the emulator, tinkering with the time on my device to brute force other times of day, even just waiting for it to change, and nothing did a thing. This seems to lock us out of a good amount of pokes.

darkyy92

Creator of [b]Pokemon Elite Redux[/b]
    Years
  • +1, needs a mode for perfect IVs, but also the possibility to have normal EVs.
    Is there a nature changer? That would be a great addition to this hack.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2023
    Yo loving the hack! Just wondering are you planning for the trainers to have more diverse teams? Because I am playing on the normal difficulty because it would be awesome to battle more different pokemon from the trainers🙂

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2022
    Question. Can Z-moves be used and if so, how to activate? Also gigantamax, is it featured in this game at all? I'm well into the game, just was curious to know

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2022
    Can you catch everything in one playthrough?
    EDIT: Also is there/will there be a way to alter IVs?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2022
    I know I've said it before but now I've tried the game and I AM IN LOVE with the Innate introduction and the manual EV distribution 😭! In such a short time this has become one of my favourite ROM hacks up there with Unbound and R.O.W.E. I'm hoping I'll see these mechanics in other hacks soon.

I agree 100%

Zero-G

on the fly
    Years
  • Something I noticed: The RTC (I use mGBA) literally doesn't work. No matter when I'm playing, I get the "Morning" pokemon encounters.

I tried resetting the emulator, tinkering with the time on my device to brute force other times of day, even just waiting for it to change, and nothing did a thing. This seems to lock us out of a good amount of pokes.

Any insight on this? I just downloaded 1.4 to see if something changed but no cigar, the ingame clock is still locked to 9:00 AM. Properly patched onto the right rombase and everything, clock remains unchangeable.

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2022
    Any insight on this? I just downloaded 1.4 to see if something changed but no cigar, the ingame clock is still locked to 9:00 AM. Properly patched onto the right rombase and everything, clock remains unchangeable.

The ingame clock doesn't affect game play negatively in my experience. I still get a day night cycle. I'm not sure how but I think it's based on the player steps count. I've gotten evening mons to appear like hoothoot and vullaby(pre mandibuzz evolution) at night where the night time ability goes into affect giving Hoothoot a 3rd type being the dark type

Zero-G

on the fly
    Years
  • The ingame clock doesn't affect game play negatively in my experience. I still get a day night cycle. I'm not sure how but I think it's based on the player steps count. I've gotten evening mons to appear like hoothoot and vullaby(pre mandibuzz evolution) at night where the night time ability goes into affect giving Hoothoot a 3rd type being the dark type

Well, I don't. I'm stuck with the "Morning" encounters permanently, and this is sort of suboptimal as the team I want to play the game with contains 4 pokemon that only appear at night. If the dev could at least share a workaround or an insight on how the thing works (since you seem not to have a problem)... because in all honesty? I like the concept of this game. And I really want to play it.

I just can't as of now because the RTC not working is a big deal breaker.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Well, I don't. I'm stuck with the "Morning" encounters permanently, and this is sort of suboptimal as the team I want to play the game with contains 4 pokemon that only appear at night. If the dev could at least share a workaround or an insight on how the thing works (since you seem not to have a problem)... because in all honesty? I like the concept of this game. And I really want to play it.

I just can't as of now because the RTC not working is a big deal breaker.

I still do not understand how the clock advances in the game but it is possible to alter it as you wish, for this it will be necessary that when you start a new game you select the "sandbox mode"

Years
  • So innates are just extra abilities? Not sure if I'm grasping it right. Other than that, it looks very interesting! Definitely going to give this a go~!

Years
    • Seen today
    So innates are just extra abilities? Not sure if I'm grasping it right. Other than that, it looks very interesting! Definitely going to give this a go~!

Sort of. Sometimes they come with the Pokemon itself, sometimes they can be unlocked by fulfilling certain conditions, though what those are I don't know exactly, save for one: I've found through testing that Greninja can gain Battle Bond as an innate if you max its Friendship.

Edit: Oh wait, it does have documentation! It's just on the Discord link.

Last edited:
    Back