• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Exterminators

Decepticon

Squirtle > You
Years
  • Pokémon Exterminators (The Remake)

My third comic, posted here for the third time... They say third times the charm right?

Anyway this is a remake... kinda... It will start out the same as the old Exterminators, but will eventually go in a different direction.
    The old Exterminators was a 9 panel comic, while this one is only 6, I might change back to 9 after Chapter 1 is complete however.

Summary
    Spoiler:

Act 1

Prologue

[1][2][3][4][5]

Chapter 1
    [1][2][3]

Character Bio's
    Coming Soon...

Credits
    Spoiler:

Enjoy, and please take the time to leave a comment!!

Last edited:

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
    Years
  • YES! You don't know how excited I was when I saw this post, and it lives up to the your legacy as a comic maker.

Emerald Ex, I'm not sure if you were being serious, but if you were, that's ridiculous. Decepticon uses .PNG and even though it might have a little bit too much talking, Decep handles it rather well. Apologize now.

So are you going to remake everything exactly as was, or are you going to go on a different path from now on? Should I give you my newer character sprites (Although I thought I already had but if you lost them or something..)?

Edit;
    Saw about how it'll go a different path and all. Hah. I was thinking about being nostalgic and going back to using party sprites for Pokemon over worlds (You know, how when you look at your party? The sprites for Espeon and Umbreon in over world?), but you beat me to the punch.

Last edited:

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • Emerald Ex, I'm not sure if you were being serious, but if you were, that's ridiculous/. Decepticon uses .PNG and even though it might have a little bit too much talking, Decep handles it rather well. Apologize now.
    It is .JPG, however it is high-quality .JPG, so it's not too bad.

Though, there is FAR too much speaking and no, it is not handled well, it is too much speaking.

I will not apologize for not being a know-nothing kiss-ass like the rest of you. Anybody who wants the opinions of others needs to get used to criticism.

[NovaPirate]

Years
  • It doesn't truly affect the comic much. That's why I didn't notice. If we had artifacts flying around left and right it might, but it hasn't.

Also my dear Emerald, the strange thought that you got into your head that I am a know-nothing suck-up is far from the truth. Far from it. Although you have made one comic and indeed you do have proof you can make a mediocre comic you are simply annoying when you criticize me, because you are not a regular here with respected comics or influence, you don't understand what has happened, so you assume. I am absolutely fine with criticism as long as it's fair and relevant. Now once again, run along and don't turn this into a flame-war

And anyway, once the narrativng stops he kills a lot of the speaking off. This is a remake of the original Exterminators, which was just fine and dandy to the rest of us. Just bear with the speaking for now, and be glad it isn't in bad grammar and all caps.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • It doesn't truly affect the comic much. That's why I didn't notice. If we had artifacts flying around left and right it might, but it hasn't.

Also my dear Emerald, the strange thought that you got into your head that I am a know-nothing suck-up is far from the truth. Far from it. Although you have made one comic and indeed you do have proof you can make a mediocre comic you are simply annoying when you criticize me, because you are not a regular here with respected comics or influence, you don't understand what has happened, so you assume. I am absolutely fine with criticism as long as it's fair and relevant. Now once again, run along and don't turn this into a flame-war

And anyway, once the narrative stops he kills a lot of the speaking off. This is a remake of the original. Just bear with the speaking for now, and be glad it isn't in bad grammar and all caps.
    No you arrogant ass, I will not "run along".

One, that comic was from over two years ago, and I've come along way since- not that that matters; you don't need to be a chef to know when food tastes good.
    Two, I also don't need to be a regular to know there is too much text.
    Three, I've already given in to the .JPG point, because yes there are no artifacts.
    Four, nothing I said was at all beyond fair and relevant.

I'm simply pointing out what's wrong, so there can be improvement, and ultimately a better comic for everybody to read and for the creator to be proud of.

So get off your high horse and understand you are no better than anybody else, especially just because you're a "regular".

Decepticon, I apologize simply for this mess in your thread, because apparently your buddy feels you can't handle a little bit of criticism.
    I will not further a discussion with someone so childish.

Last edited:

[NovaPirate]

Years
  • I would respond, but you cut off the discussion.
    But, as a side note, I never said that the criticism you gave wasn't fair and relevant. Indeed, I worded it odd, but I didn't. You implied that yourself.

You continue to assume.

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
  • i liked it. the first real sprite comic that drew me in. i like the amount of speaking, contrary to Emerald Ex.

also, the text could be a darker color.

Decepticon

Squirtle > You
    Years
  • Thanks for the comments everyone.

It's been changed to .PNG, that must have been tinypic's fault, because
    they are .PNG on my computer...

@Nova: Well it will eventually go down a different path but theres more than
    just the prologue that remain the same, most of chapter one is the same with
    a few new things added in, and I already have your new sprites :)

@Emerald Ex: Thanks for the crit, I often worry that its to much text, but
    at the same time I don't want to leave panel's empty when I have more to say,
    but Nova's right, after the narrating is done, there will be less text,
    so if those were the only complaints then please don't write it off just yet and
    bear with it for the first chapter.

@ArmyGuy: Thank you, I'll do something about the text for chapter 2, I already have
    most of chapter 1 made so please bear with it for a while longer.

Years
  • Haha, seeing this comic brings back nostalgic memories~ I remember back in the glory days of sprite comics, when this one was one of the most remowned. :3 Keep up the good work!

...I forget; was yours one of the comics that accepted people's characters and incorporated them into the storyline? There were lots of those, but I seem to remember a couple in particular that were done in the overworld-style and were about as good as this...

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Yeah, this is nice. The only thing I don't like is the incredibly large amount of dialog. The visuals are usually more important than the actual text (though both are important), and the large text boxes are distracting from the comic.

Decepticon

Squirtle > You
    Years
  • Episode 6 is up.

@Zephyr: Exterminators was one of those that accepted others and added them to the story somehow, but I don't think thats allowed anymore is it? Since this is a remake your character will still be in though.

@Mobile Tsk: Thanks, the dialogue will get smaller after the first chapter when the narrating stops. :)

Years
  • ...Hm?

The Pixel Projects Rules topic said:
    5. Joining comics is now allowed.

I suppose it must have been banned at some point in the past, right? But the rules don't say anything against it. So if you wanted to continue the comic using new characters on a plot that diverges from the other one, you could. But then, simply doing a revamp of the comic would be good too-- Exterminators had an awesome plot. =D

Anyway, would you like me to revamp my character's overworlds? The ones I had were... kinda not good. xD; I've gotten better since then.

[NovaPirate]

Years
  • Yes. I remember I came in after a while.
    "IT'S JUST BIG BONED!"

Best. Quote. Evar.
    There's one run on sentence in the panel where Dash is talking about the Exterminators. You used a lot more custom sprites though, and you included a lot more Exterminators. Are we still going to have the 'Post or Your Character Dies' rule?

Decepticon

Squirtle > You
    Years
  • @Zephyr: I guess characters can join then!

Yes. I remember I came in after a while.
    "IT'S JUST BIG BONED!"

Best. Quote. Evar.
    There's one run on sentence in the panel where Dash is talking about the Exterminators. You used a lot more custom sprites though, and you included a lot more Exterminators. Are we still going to have the 'Post or Your Character Dies' rule?
    haha, you still remember that line, nice! xD

Yeah, I made the ship full of exterminators this time, but most are just fodder.

I'm not going to have that rule, this time, because I'm not going to add characters
    just for the sake of adding them like last time, though I will still accept characters,
    but they will have a more of a direction or purpose this time.

Lets just say more posts save the comic, not the characters.

[NovaPirate]

Years
  • Too bad. Some of the death comics were funny.
    But does that mean that we're not going to have the one war scene?
    I mean, there are more Exterminators now. They can't be taken as easily now. So when exactly do you intend to split off the story lines? When it ended before, or earlier.

Back