• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: ~Pokémon: Faithless Distance!~

MKSSB

OKですか?
Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2014
    ~Pokémon: Faithless Distance!~

Introduction
    Hi to everybody and welcome to this new hack I'm doing. You know, I wanted to do something different from other hacks, avoiding cliches and all that stuff from every Pokémon game, and well, if you see any cliches in the hack, be sure that there will be a joke about it. This hack will be serious only when it needs to, it'll be emotional, sad, happy, funny and all that. Guys, this is Pokémon Faithless Distance.

Data
    Hack name: Pokémon Faithless Distance
    Rom base: Fire Red (US)
    Creator: JorgeZero (me) and Rata
    Region: Tonah

Story

The story begins with a boy named as [player] who while sleeping hears a voice of a guy named Duster. Duster tells [player] that in the future all is chaos and that there's a legend about a boy that'll save the future. Duster says that he thinks that [player] is that boy, so now [player] has to start his journey taking the role as the boy who will save the future. He wakes up because of a really loud noise and he goes to investigate. While he is investigating he's attacked by a Pokémon, since he doesn't have any Pokémon he gets unconscious. His father, Professor Flint who lives near to where [player] was attacked finds him and takes him to his lab.
    [player] wakes up and Flint tells him that today is the day where his mother died two years ago in an accident, Flint gives [player] some flowers to put them in his mother's grave, but before going, Flint gives him Pokémon so he won't get injured again. While going to the graveyard [player] is attacked by the Pokémon that attacked him the previous night. [player] uses his new Pokémon for beating it and reaches the graveyard. [player] stays in the graveyard for some moments and remembers the accident where his mom died.

That's just the beginning of Pokémon Faithless Distance, you'll see more in the actual game.

Feautures
    New music that'll give the game a different feeling in every moment!
    New graphics that'll make the game look cool!
    A new story that'll be serious only when it need to!
    Pikachu, I choose you!
    New Pokémon for the new Tonah region!
    No naming the rival, instead you'll name your favorite food!

Screenshots

Videos

Credits
    Rata
    Steven
    Hydragarium
    Zein
    Eizankomine
    Jambo51
    LinkandZelda
    Blas
    Zaux
    Alucus
    Diegoisawesome
    Note: If I forgot to give credits to someone, just tell me, I'll add him/her/???.

Downloads

Beta 1 - Progress: 4% (It'll be long, that's why)

Last edited:

Hacker Bisharp

Bug reporter
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2019
    Awesome hack, i like the tile and the title screen..
    And the textbox is very pretty, good luck!

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    The title screen is the Nowhere Islands, the characters are all named after Mother 3 characters, your mother is dead like in Mother 3, your dad's name is Flint....

Well this hack will be interesting, glad to see another Mother/EarthBound fan :D I just hope you don't rip off the entire story from Mother 3, however.

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
    Years
  • This hack looks fantastic and original, but of course I'm going to point out something, and that's the path and house tiles. You've made all the other tiles so interesting and beautiful, and then you leave those the same. It kinda grinds with the other tiles, you know? Of course, this is just a suggestion, it doesn't have an effect on gameplay. Keep up the good work, I hope this hack is as amazing as it appears at first glance.

MKSSB

OKですか?
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2014
    Do you want an update? 'Cuz I can give you an update, here is it.

A video for showing you some of the music of the game (of course there is more music, but I'll show you later more music when I had used it in an event, map or anywhere else in the game.

And here's the first part of the intro script.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2014
    Cool something looking forward too but out of curiousness why is it every hack i see now is a fired red hack why not other roms like ruby, sapphire, emerald?

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 11, 2020
    I hope [player]'s brother gets possessed by the main villain and you're forced to defeat him and he dies in the process.

You know, like in that one game this look a tiny bit similar t- MOTHER 3 MOTHER 3 MOTHER 3

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Cool something looking forward too but out of curiousness why is it every hack i see now is a fired red hack why not other roms like ruby, sapphire, emerald?

Seems FireRed is easier to hack.

Nice to see you back, MKSSB!
    I must say the graphics as per usual in your hacks look wonderful!
    And the music is brilliant also, keep up the good wurk! I'm rooting for ya!

Last edited:

BlankPoints

Dumb Apples
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    I was shocked when I heard the voice in script1 vid. Is this a voice track from a game or did you record it as a midi and put it in the game. But anyway this is really awesome I hope you keep it up :D

MKSSB

OKですか?
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2014
    Update:
    New houses

Graphics are still in progress, I need to change more houses and some other things.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2015
    You know that this looks amazing... Really it looks great.
    Can you say what the starter Pokemon will be? I hope they'll be something that you won't expect, like a Sentret!

XXVIII

Romhacker Wannabe
    Years
  • Awesome tiles and storyline. I love the black textbox it reminds me of some rpg. I wish you a good luck for fast completion of your hack.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    The new tiles look good.
    Keep it up!
    I also, forgot to say before, like the speech box. It's quite original if I'm honest.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    A video for showing you some of the music of the game (of course there is more music, but I'll show you later more music when I had used it in an event, map or anywhere else in the game.
    At 5:18 (during the Mother 3 Love Theme), where the "guitar" comes in, it sounds really out of tune, and I know for a fact that it does not sound like that in Mother 3.

Also at 3:35, just want to say that Pollyanna is awesome and I'm glad you put it in. It would be neat to see the "outdoor" version of that song used during, say, a route. I don't know if you've played Mother 1, but in case you haven't, that song was originally an overworld song. Perhaps you could use the remix that Mother 3 had in the Empire Porky Building?

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • Oh wow, brilliant. I'm quite impressed in how you've actually managed to insert different instruments from another GBA game, along with the new tiles you've inserted from Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver. This makes this ROM hack feel like a brand new game.

Hm... now I wonder what suggestion I could make? Oh wait, I know! Maybe you could insert some tiles that is grass on the edge of a cliff... so it can give it that natural feel to how grass appears on the edge of a cliff? 'Cause that sort of thing has been done in Pokémon Platinum, HeartGold/SoulSilver, Black/White and Black 2/White 2.

Btw, this ROM hack is going wonderfully well. I'm looking forward to seeing it progress.

MKSSB

OKですか?
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2014
    You know that this looks amazing... Really it looks great.
    Can you say what the starter Pokemon will be? I hope they'll be something that you won't expect, like a Sentret!

It'll be a new one. Yep, a fakemon. It's already done, but I haven't inserted it, I'll do it later.

At 5:18 (during the Mother 3 Love Theme), where the "guitar" comes in, it sounds really out of tune, and I know for a fact that it does not sound like that in Mother 3.

Also at 3:35, just want to say that Pollyanna is awesome and I'm glad you put it in. It would be neat to see the "outdoor" version of that song used during, say, a route. I don't know if you've played Mother 1, but in case you haven't, that song was originally an overworld song. Perhaps you could use the remix that Mother 3 had in the Empire Porky Building?

Pff, so it wasn't me! I'm glad it wasn't me!
    Okay, I'll explain this. I managed to get the exact instruments values from Mother 3 (so I used those values), do you know? The guitar is coming from the drums, so I dunno why it sounds like that if I used the same values as Mother 3 (probably the sound engine is sorta different). I though it was just me, but well, I think it's fixed now.

Please ignore the door animation and the unchanged house, I'm still working on the graphics.
    Do you know what's weird? When I hear the song (with the original values) without headphones, it sounds okay, which is weird, but anyway...

Oh! And about Pollyana... Yep, I've played Mother 1. I may use Pollyana from Mother 3 in a route (I actually have thought about it). Thanks for the suggestion.

Oh wow, brilliant. I'm quite impressed in how you've actually managed to insert different instruments from another GBA game, along with the new tiles you've inserted from Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver. This makes this ROM hack feel like a brand new game.

Hm... now I wonder what suggestion I could make? Oh wait, I know! Maybe you could insert some tiles that is grass on the edge of a cliff... so it can give it that natural feel to how grass appears on the edge of a cliff? 'Cause that sort of thing has been done in Pokémon Platinum, HeartGold/SoulSilver, Black/White and Black 2/White 2.

Btw, this ROM hack is going wonderfully well. I'm looking forward to seeing it progress.

Hmm, nice suggestion, probably I'll do that. ;)

Update:
    Hmm... what do I have now? Well, I'm still working on the graphics, things like the Fire Red stairs and more houses will be changed. Here are two new maps I made.
    First, a little route to the graveyard. I named it Silent Pass.

And second, here's the first real route, you know, the first route with trainers and all that. I named it Scarlet Route.

Oh, and the music for those maps is already inserted.

The graveyard music will be Sorrowful Tazmily from Mother 3. That's why I used Mind of a Thief in Silent Pass (Mind of a Thief is practically a happy version of Sorrowful Tazmily).

Last edited:

Wild Entei

One does not simply stalk me..
    Years
  • You'll probably not listen to me but if you don't add any fakemon and the pokedex will be randomly picked by kanto,johto,hoenn pokemon it would be really really great.Like starters Larvitar,Bagon,Dratini or like Charmander,Mudkip,Chikorita.Also if you change the trainer sprite (not recolor) to a new one (completely new) but with a hat like red has would be good.I love the screenies.Good luck!

Years
  • Ok, the graphics just blew me away, even if you didnt have a story or anything, I'd still play it for the graphics. BTW, are you going to been the original hero sprite?

Back