• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Fire Gold 1.4

Years
  • Yo I noticed the help section and made me wonder. Wouldn't porting the game to CFRU be a better choice? Since the lack of mons that you want + the moves that you want to add are present in that engine.

Black_Fragrant

Finishing up my Firegold
    Years
  • First, good job with the ROM hack. Also, will you release any future patches for bugfixes? In the short time that I have played this, I noticed at least a few "anomalies", such as Prof. Elm using a 📋 as a 🖥️ and the southern most house in New Bark Town labelled "Lyra's house" even when playing as Lyra. Additionally, the OW sprite for the old man from the catching tutorial doesn't match his back sprite, the "tour guide" in Cherrygrove City doesn't keep pace with the player(intentional, perhaps?), the character sprites at the introduction screen have some kind of graphical glitch where they kinda "glimmer"-- for lack of a better term -- when they transition to their OW sprites. And speaking of sprites, Lyra's sprite ,in the intro, has a blue outline over its torso, whereas Ethan's sprite is just fine. Lastly, if possible, the OW sprites of Ethan/Lyra could use a bit more tweaking. Sorry if this is TL and again, your ROM hack is good. Keep it up! 👍

I think everything besides lyra's house is intentional! thank you for checking!

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2024
    Just got to Olivine City and am still impressed at the quality of the Map upgrades. They really give it that gen 3 upgrade feeling. Now we really need to get the windows to light up at night and maybe some of the NPCs to go home for the night and maybe different NPCs come out at night, like robbers? Really give it that upgrade it's missing.

Black_Fragrant

Finishing up my Firegold
    Years
  • Just got to Olivine City and am still impressed at the quality of the Map upgrades. They really give it that gen 3 upgrade feeling. Now we really need to get the windows to light up at night and maybe some of the NPCs to go home for the night and maybe different NPCs come out at night, like robbers? Really give it that upgrade it's missing.

I'm glad you like it!!
    that's actually a great idea... i will def consider that

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2022
    I think everything besides lyra's house is intentional! thank you for checking!

On another note, there are also no Trainer ID numbers and I assume that the VS seeker is meant to stand in for the pokégear?

Years
  • Please i beg. Make a vanilla version. Many ppl are waiting for a vanilla Johto hack.. I mean
    NO New moves or New gen pokemon or variant please!! A standalone patch. We dont want more loquod crystal or buhged roms. Your hack roms are amazing. We Just want things more simple. Please make a vanilla patch and a version that you are planning.
    Vanilla = no New pokemon or forms in gen 3.. But.. With all New features that u planning

Just play GSC/HGSS then...

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2024
    2 text errors I found while playing today:
    Lady who gives you fly says "corsed" instead of "crossed"
    Pokemaniac above Mohagany town has a text error as well when you talk to him.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2023
    Are there any buffs to pokémon similar to Radical Red/Inclement Emerald? Updated stats, abilities, changed types etc. Also, are regional forms and Hisuian pokémon available early or only late game? I have a bad feeling that the game has not many changes so far (though I only have 1 badge so far).

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Are there any buffs to pokémon similar to Radical Red/Inclement Emerald? Updated stats, abilities, changed types etc. Also, are regional forms and Hisuian pokémon available early or only late game? I have a bad feeling that the game has not many changes so far (though I only have 1 badge so far).

The game is more or less vanilla from what I've experienced with some tweaked movesets to match HGSS, the Hisuian forms are available in the post game Kanto region in Fuchsia city.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2023
    Great rom hack, one of my first reactions overhere.

I am now in Azalea Town, but my question is, is there any possibility to encounter a Heracross at the trees at Route 33 (or somewhere else) ?

Back