• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition (Completed)

dest

Boneash
    Years
    Wait I thought you were required to pass through Saffron (from Celadon) early on in the game so you had to pay the toll early? How did you entirely skip the city all this time?

just go through mount moon instead, so the way you'd do in a regular game... that's perfectly possible. I did this too, however only after paying the toll and trying to get a very early Psychic with no success until a little later^^

Years
    just go through mount moon instead, so the way you'd do in a regular game... that's perfectly possible. I did this too, however only after paying the toll and trying to get a very early Psychic with no success until a little later^^

Ah true. Must've been an oversight. It seems more likely that the player would take the easy way into Cerulean City & pay the Saffron toll, rather than Fly all the way back to Mt. Moon and traverse it a 2nd time around, so this bug went undetected for a while.

Maybe a future patch could make it so that going through the Saffron toll at first is the only way to Cerulean?

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2020
    I think I broke the game and softlocked myself, I read a comment that when you talk to bill you then fight blue and speak to your grunt friend (can't remember his name) outside the house. After speaking to bill i flew back to celedon and spoke to geovanni, I then flew back to cerulean spoke to grunt friend and then battled blue. When I return to daycare it hasn't triggered the next event.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    I think I broke the game and softlocked myself, I read a comment that when you talk to bill you then fight blue and speak to your grunt friend (can't remember his name) outside the house. After speaking to bill i flew back to celedon and spoke to geovanni, I then flew back to cerulean spoke to grunt friend and then battled blue. When I return to daycare it hasn't triggered the next event.

Reload the savestate or something

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2023
    Just finished and I wanted to express my appreciation. Extremely well made and compelling narrative on a story I thought I knew. This ROM hack was the perfect follow up to Red Chapters, albeit Red was portrayed very differently.

Looking forward to whatever comes next, though, I'd be lying if I wasn't dreaming of a Rocket Edition Series into Jhoto and beyond.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Fantastic and very well crafted story. The amount of effort, skill, and love that went into this hack is very apparent. This hack is really special! Thank you for sharing it to the community. <3

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2020
    Hi, how do I get the evolutionary stones? Im on the mission where you have to
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2020
    Why executioner doesn't look like Gary anymore 😭 I was great now we look like a karate man 😭😭😭😭

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2020
    Hey, the game keeps crashing right after
    Spoiler:
    Anyone know how to get it to work?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2023
    hey

i am at the final part of this hack, and when i got to the final part on this hack, grapich glitches started to happen

i am at cinbar island about to battle the powerfull creature, how can i fix the grapich glitches at that part

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    i am at the final part of this hack, and when i got to the final part on this hack, grapich glitches started to happen
    i am at cinbar island about to battle the powerfull creature, how can i fix the grapich glitches at that part

That part is intentional, surf around the dark corner of the sea

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2023
    hey

do you mean graphic glitches are spose to happen there at that part of the game when i reach cinbar island to battle the powerfull creature

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2024
    So does that mean that we can't get any of the starters? Or are they available after taking over silph co.?

When you battle the final two characters, you can get Charizard and Venasaur. Blastoise is unavailable, AFAIK. The starters in their preevolved forms are unobtainable without cheating. I threw a Combusken in the game for the heck of it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2024
    hey

do you mean graphic glitches are spose to happen there at that part of the game when i reach cinbar island to battle the powerfull creature

Yes. Don't worry about the glitches and just surf on the coast on the black patch.

Back