• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition (Completed)

Years
    • Seen today
    i honestly wanna see the 2nd part after bill led elm to oak's underground lab, i have a gut feeling that Gold/Ethan will be created the same way as Red was.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2020
    I loved playing this game! I literally cannot thinking about it and, as the first ROM hack I played through in its entirety, it has set the bar VERY high. The intrigue! The subplots! The changing avatar as you progressed through the ranks! The way everything came full circle! I am honestly in love with the way Oak, Red, and "the catastrophe" all toyed with the fourth wall. It was incredible and an incredibly creative use of the medium.

I would like to quickly report a bug though. Using "Flash Cannon" with battle animations on crashes the game, but this can be fixed by turning animations off. It crashes no matter what/who are fighting. Lucky for me, I had saved recently and didn't lose more than a level or two before figuring out the issue but this obviously isn't ideal.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2023
    I just wanted to drop by and say that this is one of the best ROM hacks I've ever played! I've been playing hacks and fan games for a couple of years now and this is definitely one of the most fluid and well-made entries so far! Thanks for the joy!

Years
    The last time I played a proper ROM Hack and finish it was 2 or 3 years ago? And dang, this hack is a good way to get back to these games.

First of all, I've been watching this game for a long time actually. I was one of those people celebrating the full release but I didn't get to play it right away because I'm busy.
    I got to play it now and it was sooooo fun! Some humor seem childish but I still snicker like an idiot. I love how you tied up events that were in the main game (I mean, that was the point) but you did it in such a splendid way!

I could go more in-depth but there's an issue of me being unable to put into words what I feel (also I don't want to write out an essay on a Saturday evening) hahaha. I do sense a deeper background for my Rocket character. He seems to be "like Red." I sense a Johto sequel and if I'm right I hope you the best! I really enjoyed playing!

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2020
    I don't know what i'm doing wrong but i can't get it to work i use lunar to patch the files and the eumlator just says it's not a proper rom file

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2022
    I've just finished it now and honestly one its of the most fun rom hack I've played recently I really enjoyed it a lot great storyline along with main canon saga it's pretty cool I really want to know that is there any sequel for this game going to come out in future with same protagonist also with that cutscene bill meeting with elm is there any little chances that next sequel going to be pokémon heartgold rocket edition

SazuPaiio

Nothing
    Years
    Amazing hackrom, is going to be my favorite one, nice history and events.
    But i found a bug/glitch.
    When i turned into a rocket admin, i got into a battle and my character was glitched :/

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2021
    Hi! Kapiepon here. I'd don't know how active this thread is, or if it even gets checked at all, but I want to start off with saying this is a fantastic ROM hack. I really loved playing threw it, and I got the chance to use a lot of Pokemon I've never gotten the chance to before, like Dragonite, Gengar, etc. The storyline and characters are fantastic and well-written, and the side-quests added so much depth I wasn't prepared for but loved.

As for glitches I've noticed, these are the main ones:
    1. When I was training my Dragonair, I noticed that against trainers if Dragon Tail KO's the enemy the sprite of the Pokemon I just knocked out overlaps the Pokemon the trainer would throw out next. The first time it happened nothing really came of it except for some lag, but the second time the game full-on crashed.
    2. When I evolved my Adaptability Eevee into Espeon it had the ability Magic Bounce, which seemed to mess up the trainers in the game. E.g, when I did the Koga sidequest (I held it off so I could use Espeon for EXP), the guy protecting the Surf TMs sent out a Bad Egg, crashing my game. Magic Bounce would also activate at random times, like when Espeon was getting hit with attacks instead of status. I ended up losing the save file, which sort of sucked since I had 30+ hours logged, but overall I enjoyed the expierence of the game, so I wanted to leave a comment.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2020
    Hey Developers, I want to Download and play pokemon fire red rocket edition can u make a simple way to install this in Android so I can play because I don't have a pc and I can't patch
    Please help me

Years
    Hey Developers, I want to Download and play pokemon fire red rocket edition can u make a simple way to install this in Android so I can play because I don't have a pc and I can't patch
    Please help me

the main sticky on this forum has instructions on how to patch via android. link's here.

as usual though, you'll need to do your own searching for the vanilla Fire Red rom itself. everything else should already be provided.

darkyy92

Creator of [b]Pokemon Elite Redux[/b]
    Years
    First of all, thank you so much for your great work, ColonelSalt.
    I just got promoted to Rocket Admin and I like the game.

A few questions:
    - Is there any way to have reusable TMs?
    - Following up the other question - do you plan to upgrade your ROM hack with the CFRU engine? If not, can I do that by mself or will it break the whole ROM hack?

Darky

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2020
    Hey so ive come across a game breaking bug and im not sure if its been documented, but im stuck in a battle (bird keeper mitch) and his next "pokemon" just comes up as bad egg, then once the egg is sent out it freezes up, music is still playing and i can even speed it up but cant do anything, and unfortunately my last save state is too recent to be helpful. Am i screwed? Any help would be appreciated, very much enjoying the game and dont want to have to quit on it. Thanks for reading

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    Truly fantastic hack, best one I've had the pleasure of playing. Was a bit bummed by the ending, but have my fingers crossed for a sequel. At the very least,
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2021
    Hey guys, new here and I've been playing this incredible ROM-hack. I just wanted to point out that the move Substitute isn't working correctly on my Dragonair. When I use it, it does shave off 1/4th of my HP as intended (I presume), but all attacks, and I mean all attacks sent to the substitute are also received by my Dragonair, and hence basically making the move Substitute....not only useless, but worse than useless as it's equivalent to helping the opponent by shooting yourself in your own foot.

I wonder if others here also have that problem with Substitute, or if it's only when learned by Dragonair, I don't know. But I wanted to point that out :/. Rip my Thunder Wave + Substitute build I wanted to attempt ;-;

colonelsalt

Guaranteed to raise the smile
    Years
    First of all, thank you so much for your great work, ColonelSalt.
    I just got promoted to Rocket Admin and I like the game.

A few questions:
    - Is there any way to have reusable TMs?
    - Following up the other question - do you plan to upgrade your ROM hack with the CFRU engine? If not, can I do that by mself or will it break the whole ROM hack?

Darky
    For point 2, yes I have considered it and still am. It will have to be re-made from scratch, but it would eliminate the tiny glitches that exist, and add a lot of quality features.
    You can drop me a PM if you have specific plans in mind.

For the first question, no: I always felt like reusable TMs were a bit of a broken cheat since they were added in B/W, but understand opinions can vary here ;)

Years
    @colonelsalt, your hack is amazing great !
    I like the story content in your hack rom
    it just lacks a few modern features like in some recent rom hacks,but it doesn't affect me to enjoy the game
    thanks you for making a great hack :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2022
    For point 2, yes I have considered it and still am. It will have to be re-made from scratch, but it would eliminate the tiny glitches that exist, and add a lot of quality features.
    You can drop me a PM if you have specific plans in mind.

For the first question, no: I always felt like reusable TMs were a bit of a broken cheat since they were added in B/W, but understand opinions can vary here ;)

First of all, congratulation for the fantastic work.
    I didn't feel like the ROM was incomplete by not including the CFRU engine.
    If the amount of effort necessary to implement it is that big... I wouldn't remake from scratch a perfectly good hack for it.
    But you could use the CFRU base to make a sequel, seeing as so many people would love it.
    Just dropping a thought. Keep up the great work!

Back