• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Fissures [06/04/15 Poll #1!]

"Which type best represents you?"

• [IMG]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d178/prossy/grasss.png[/IMG]

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • [IMG]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d178/prossy/fire.png[/IMG]

Votes: 36 50.7%
  • [IMG]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d178/prossy/water.png[/IMG]

Votes: 28 39.4%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023

Pokémon: Fissures

The ground shook violently; pictures were flung from the wall, vases tipped over, the people of Greenspout Town hid in their houses as the shakes continued. Deep frequency, terrifying tones swept across the settlement, followed by one final catastrophic temblor.

The town sat in silence momentarily, anticipating more tremors.

The shouts and cries marked the all clear. The earthquake had stopped for now. Little damage had been done to Greenspout - but the same could not have been said to the nearby route. Route 12, seemingly the centre of the seismic activity, was ripped in two - a deep valley stretching hundreds of metres across blocked the path. Western Hendo was separated from the east.

Two years later and the Hendo region is yet to show any more seismic activity. The treacherous fissure in the land still divides the region, but alternative routes have been scouted by those able to transverse the caves and dense forests. Despite the region reconnecting, its stability is still in question. Crime has been on the increase and the East and West grow evermore divided, both geographically and politically. The unrest is causing unease among many citizens, with Gym Leaders and elders often having to act as mediators to pacify the angry citizens.

Will you be able to help reunite the land? Will those disturbing the peace be brought to justice? Will the truth be revealed?

11.png
24.png
35.png

Images show only the first event to avoid spoiling too much! ;3

Mission Summary
A deviation from your typical story.
Start your game as a seasoned gym-leader.
Carve your own path and make some key choices.
Build your public image by standing out, winning battles and becoming famous!
Complete a variety of optional side-quests, tracked using a new key item.

18_2.png
20.png

The Logbook keeps a record of your current missions, with hints on how to complete.

31.png
28.png

Fame increases with battle victories and successfully completing missions/quests. However, your fame can decrease...

Location&Locations
The Hendo region, across sea from Sinnoh, is a relatively isolated land. The region has been largely inhabitable for centuries, with Eastern Hendo being the most established, developed area of the land. Western Hendo was built as the population progressed and equipment to farm the land became more accessible. The area soon posted an established economy, trading to nearby settlements and following in the footsteps of Kanto and Sinnoh, starting up a Pokémon League. Trainers were quickly hand-selected by the existing Hendo government, assigning eight to the most established towns and city.

Several decades later and traditions have continued to flourish in Hendo. However, soon the peace and stability was shattered. Earthquakes shook the region, opening up deep crevasses and tearing rifts between the East and West - essentially cutting the region in half and ceasing any movement or trading. The only way to travel to the other side was to transverse old, unmapped caves. Trade carts rarely managed this feat and so the western towns were mostly cut off.

30.png
33.png
29.png

Flora&Fauna
The Pokédex of Hendo shows a range of species. Originally, the land harbored next to no life - it is only recently populated. Species have migrated in from other regions (and some brought in by trainers, poachers and the like) to settle.

Following past volcanic activity and earth-splitting events, many areas feature dense and lush vegetation for many grass and bug types to inhabit. Due to an abundance of mountains, caves and valleys there are also many dark-loving species, able to thrive easily across Hendo.

There are no official starter Pokémon in Hendo, however some rare, foreign species have managed to invade and inhabit the lands. The professor of the region prefers to give unique gifts to those starting on their journey.The professor of Hendo, Ms. Renée is an expert in Pokémon DNA - particularly modern classifications. She has determined that older data may not be entirely accurate for some species. The Professor has failed to find any fairy-type Pokémon in the area.

Spoiler: Type Changes
Serperior
2ni86ix.png

Ninetales
16m0qjb.png

Meowth
2dmb8cm.png

Persian
2dmb8cm.png

Yanmega
2gt0k9i.png

Budew
33f6ypy.png

Spoiler: HendoDex Preview - First 75 Pokémon
495MS.png
496MS.png
497MS.png
004MS.png
005MS.png
006MS.png
393MS.png
394MS.png
395MS.png
165MS.png
166MS.png
659MS.png
660MS.png
263MS.png
264MS.png

016MS.png
017MS.png
018MS.png
273MS.png
274MS.png
275MS.png
540MS.png
541MS.png
542MS.png
172MS.png
025MS.png
026MS.png
027MS.png
028MS.png
128MS.png

179MS.png
180MS.png
181MS.png
285MS.png
286MS.png
324MS.png
037MS.png
038MS.png
204MS.png
205MS.png
041MS.png
042MS.png
169MS.png
618MS.png
293MS.png

294MS.png
295MS.png
694MS.png
695MS.png
218MS.png
219MS.png
052MS.png
053MS.png
193MS.png
469MS.png
341MS.png
342MS.png
613MS.png
614MS.png
535MS.png

536MS.png
537MS.png
063MS.png
064MS.png
065MS.png
559MS.png
560MS.png
406MS.png
315MS.png
407MS.png
524MS.png
525MS.png
526MS.png
361MS.png
362MS.png

Progress&Help
Region
Mapping ||||||||||
Scripting ||||||||||
Pokédex ||||||||||
Graphics ||||||||||

Help: Spriter needed to make FR-style OWs (and possibly tiles) and a titlescreen. Potentially could use help implementing new moves as well, I have my eye on Aqua Ring.

ASM Routines
Implemented ||||||||||

Help: I have further plans. If you're handy with writing ASM please drop me a line .]

Credits&Thanks
Tool Makers
HackMew
LuHo
karatekid332
link12552
Other
Contributors to the Quick R&D Thread
FBI. daniilS, Gogo and others in the ASM Resource Thread
Contributors to the DS 64x64 Resource
Future beta testers and reviewers

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 1, 2019
wow its looks very nice. the story is nice, i like that the game have side quests and the pokedex is very good in my opinion. But when i checked the pokedex i saw 2 Golbats, you meant for it would be Crobat right ?

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
wow its looks very nice. the story is nice, i like that the game have side quests and the pokedex is very good in my opinion. But when i checked the pokedex i saw 2 Golbats, you meant for it would be Crobat right ?

Thanks for catching that! I must have put it as a placeholder or something no idea. Fixed it up, it was indeed meant to be Crobat <3.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
Wow! Really nice Magic! I like the story line and the screenshots! Keep up the great work and i'm looking forward to a release! :)

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Lovely idea. Keeping the original fr tiles? I guess that's not what you're planning to. I can help you with yer titlescreen. It's worth a try hehe. I dislike the edit you did on the original pkmn center building making it "inn". I suggest you use new building tiles for it cause it doesn't really look well. I wouldn't expect less. Hope you make good progress more this time c: good luck

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 1, 2019
No problem :)... and by the way you should put Politoad because he evolution of Poliwhirl and also put froslass because he evolution of Snorunt. keep the hard work man :)

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Wow! Really nice Magic! I like the story line and the screenshots! Keep up the great work and i'm looking forward to a release! :)

Lovely idea. Keeping the original fr tiles? I guess that's not what you're planning to. I can help you with yer titlescreen. It's worth a try hehe. I dislike the edit you did on the original pkmn center building making it "inn". I suggest you use new building tiles for it cause it doesn't really look well. I wouldn't expect less. Hope you make good progress more this time c: good luck

At the moment, I'm keeping the originals. I'd rather do that than have a mismatch. However, you can see I'm open to altering the existing tiles, recolouring and repurposing existing tiles (as well as stealing some from TCG!).

Hmm. Not sure about the Inn. It'll stay as it is at the moment, perhaps I'll alter the roof tiles to make it less pokecenter-y. Otherwise I'll eventually insert a nice FR-style Inn to replace!

Your signature titlescreen is nice :3 I'll PM you sometime? ^^

No problem :)... and by the way you should put Politoad because he evolution of Poliwhirl and also put froslass because he evolution of Snorunt. keep the hard work man :)

Politoed is out at the moment, I wanted to avoid having too many water-types. Having another pure-water was best avoided XD.

Shhhhh, Froslass is 76 in the Dex ;).

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Wow, this looks great! The story sounds really interesting, and I just love the idea of playing as a gym leader.
I'm excited to see how far you can take this.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
I'm in love. <3
But seriously though this looks so amazing! I like the objective pop-up thing a LOT! I can't wait to play as a Gym Leader too! And I can't forget about the PokéDex. It's looking amazing. :)
I wish the best of luck to you Peter <33

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
Great concepts, Magic. Reading it, it makes sense for the citizens to be angrier and crime to be increasing. I like that you'll be a seasoned gym leader and oh man
FEZ5n.jpg

This looks great, is it going to update as you do your objectives? I love it! Great preview, I'm looking forward to trying this one out! I almost never play hacks (says the person working on two) but this is the first one to grab me since Glazed. Good luck and if you need any help at all, I'd love to help... especially with scripting!

Good luck again!

Jukai

JET DINO, YEAH
Years
The story feels nice and original, and the screens are beautiful, even when using FireRed's tiles. I can see this hack going far! I can't wait for some updates.

Ocular Stratus

It's okay, I enjoy being the bad guy.
Years
Pros: Love the concept of playing as a gym leader, the pokemon choices, the sprites. Using the original tiles doesn't really bother me because I always likedthe FR tiles, they could be better and I saw you say you were going to change them so I am excited to see where that goes.

Cons: The idea of changing the protagonist OW sprite. That is only because I have seen so many people do it, and the sprites always looked half assed. It my personal opinion if you can't find a strong spriter to change the whole OW and make it look nice, just edit the FR sprite colors, redesign his clothes, etc. It is a simple change, I am not the best spriter by any means. But I can do that lol.

Other then that I can't wait to really get my hands on this hack, honestly it looks great and I have seen the work of some of the people on your team so I am sure this hack will do well as long as you dont give up.
Things I hope to see included: PSS, Hidden Grottos, Fairy Types(Just because I have never got to use them)...I am sure there is more but I am tired.

Goodluck!

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
This looks great, I don't know how I feel about Ninetails being part ghost type, but having yanmega being bug/dragon is awesome. All the features look amazing and I really wanna see the rest of that pokedex. Another thing I wanna see is a support banner so I can put it in my signature. Keep up the great work!

Years
Yeeeaaaahhhh Magic's back to hack! Sad to think that Fae's been retired, but I'm loving the screenshots so far escpecially this one:

DiKVk83.png

It just seems so... mystical in a way which is like perfect considering your usersame is "Magic".

However I can't really tell what we do in the game exactly. Like I read that we're a gym leader and it seems like we're also like a cop figure from the "Logbook" picture, but what else are we doing?

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Wow, thanks for the support so far guys :)! Really appreciate the comments, I've been tweaking the screens to address some feedback (that damn checkered textbox has been tweaked twice by now) - please let me know if you see anything that might be a mistake!

This looks great, is it going to update as you do your objectives?

That's the plan! I'm in the process of making the Logbook work, I'll probably do an update once it's complete and I can show how it'll change throughout the game.

Cons: The idea of changing the protagonist OW sprite. That is only because I have seen so many people do it, and the sprites always looked half assed. It my personal opinion if you can't find a strong spriter to change the whole OW and make it look nice, just edit the FR sprite colors, redesign his clothes, etc. It is a simple change, I am not the best spriter by any means. But I can do that lol.

Things I hope to see included: PSS, Hidden Grottos, Fairy Types(Just because I have never got to use them)...I am sure there is more but I am tired.

I'll only change it if there is a better option, of course :). No point downgrading.

As to those features: PSS will be in eventually, Fairy types are definitely out though. :3

This looks great, I don't know how I feel about Ninetails being part ghost type, but having yanmega being bug/dragon is awesome. All the features look amazing and I really wanna see the rest of that pokedex. Another thing I wanna see is a support banner so I can put it in my signature. Keep up the great work!

There's a possibility Ninetails will remain Fire / change to something else. I'd like to fit the Chandelure line in to cover Ghost/Fire.

Yeeeaaaahhhh Magic's back to hack! Sad to think that Fae's been retired, but I'm loving the screenshots so far escpecially this one:

It just seems so... mystical in a way which is like perfect considering your usersame is "Magic".

However I can't really tell what we do in the game exactly. Like I read that we're a gym leader and it seems like we're also like a cop figure from the "Logbook" picture, but what else are we doing?

That one screen took so much time lmao. I hope people like it when people see it in action, it's all tile/scripting magic and I'm quite happy with how it turned out!

Whilst the beginning will focus on you as a Gym Leader, you'll soon become vigilante/spearhead of a rebellion. I won't say much more but you'll be put through your paces and our poor protagonist will have a few hard decisions to make alone his journey.

Ocular Stratus

It's okay, I enjoy being the bad guy.
Years
I'll only change it if there is a better option, of course :). No point downgrading. As to those features: PSS will be in eventually, Fairy types are definitely out though. :3

That's cool. Like I said, I have never used fairy type pokemon because I have never played the newer pokemon games(I don't have the console necessary)
If you decide to just change the basic sprite, I'd like to give it a shot if that is cool.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 1, 2016
This hack looks very promising. I love that there are choices making this an RPG and I love RPGs.

Years
Hey, another hack by a moderator! This looks great, Magic! It's like you did some magic right there.
See what I did there?
troll.001.png

Anyway, I want to be a beta tester once the release date is at hand!

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
That's cool. Like I said, I have never used fairy type pokemon because I have never played the newer pokemon games(I don't have the console necessary)
If you decide to just change the basic sprite, I'd like to give it a shot if that is cool.

If you happen to make anything then feel free to PM me with it! :)

This hack looks very promising. I love that there are choices making this an RPG and I love RPGs.

Hey, another hack by a moderator! This looks great, Magic! It's like you did some magic right there.
See what I did there?
troll.001.png

Anyway, I want to be a beta tester once the release date is at hand!

Thanks, you two!

We're still a long way off, but I'll keep that in mind, Percy!

Back