• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Frontier Adventure (Lastest Version: V1.4a | Feb 6, 2021)

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2021
    How does the randomness work in selecting a pokemon? Is it truly random, and you can have an equal chance of getting any pokemon in the rank, or are specific pokemon more rare?

Years
    The randomness isn't weighted. You have an equal chance of getting any Pokémon (e.g. There are ~60 Pokémon in C-rank. Therefore, every Pokémon has a ~1/60 chance of being picked.)

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2021
    Ok a few things I noticed:

- I tried exchanging for 3 c-rank pokemon, but after I exchanged 2 pokemon, the game froze and wouldn't let me exchange for a 3rd pokemon of any tier. I noticed that was because my party was full and had no room for extra pokemon. This can be a big issue because all the pokemon in my party turned into bad eggs.

- What tier is charizard in?

Years
    Damn, I was hoping that issue would resolve itself! I am a lazy bug tester, so thanks for letting me know. I'll certainly fix that in V1.1. (Super easy fix. It turns out the glitch wasn't caused by adding Pokemon, but the check that looked at whether the party was full. In the new version, if your party's full, the Pokemon will automatically go to the box.)

I thought Charizard was C-rank, but it's actually not in the game! Thanks for making me check! Charizard will be in C-rank in V1.1. (Easy fix. Charizard is the 59th Pokemon in C-rank now. It's a special build that knows solar beam, fire blast, sunny day, and roost. Since Charizard is a versatile Pokemon, I would expect the player to make quite a few modifications to this base.)

Last edited:
    Years
    Not yet, but I can't believe I never thought to add it. I mean, if you really wanted to know ASAP, it approximently goes like this:
    C-rank |NU + NUBL
    B-rank | RU + RUBL
    A-rank | UU + UUBL
    S-rank | OU
    (based on Smogon's USUM tier list.)

I'll probably add an NPC later to let people know this in-game.

(Didn't realize I had a 2nd page. Sorry for spamming the thread)

Years
    Not ATM. I haven't included legendaries except for S-rank because I felt it might be odd for Pokémon like Articuno to be C-rank in the eyes of a casual player. Might (probably will) change this in future releases, but for now, no.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2021
    Idk man, most of the people who are able to play this rom wouldn't be so casual. Especially since there are EV/IV values readily available/adjustable.
    IDk, suicune was a good pokemon to use in the battle tower. Also articuno is a rather weak legendary.

I also ask because I got a latias from the s-rank, so I wondered what other legendaries there were based on smogons tier list that weren't in uber.

Years
    You're right, honestly. It was a snap decision I made on the fly. Next update will for sure have more legendaries (especially since I just remembered Shaymin-land is already in the game at B-tier)

Years
    V1.1 is out! The changelog has all the info, but there is one major things of note: you now select your Pokemon when buying them. There is no more randomness. All the other changes are mostly engine tweaks that improve the experience. The save box and trainer card have more pertinent information, battles now progress quicker, stats on the summary screen are blue when buffed by a nature and red when nerfed, etc. I hope you enjoy and, as always, if you have any feedback or questions, let me know!

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2021
    HI,

I noticed with V1.1 that lilligant has it's leaf guard ability activated without strong sunlight. I was in battle factory, cradily poisoned my lilligant, but it never took any toxic damage with normal weather.

Also, are there plans to add more TMs/move tutors? Because some pokemon like charizard/salamence have good builds, but rely on moves like dragon dance and roost.

But thanks for putting in the list of pokemon for each tier, makes it much easier.

EDIT: I also see that you do plan to include more TMs from later generations, so nevermind.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2021
    I found an issue with the game corner. The vendors won't let you exchange BP for coins. They will only say "you don't seem to have enough money". This is when I'm trying to exchange 25 coins for 1BP. And I have 15BP.

Years
    Are you exchanging coins for BP or BP for coins? The woman on the left turns your BP into coins; the woman on the right turns your coins into BP.

Years
    Yup, just hit that bug. It's because the script was checking how much money the player had (3000), not the amount of BP. Hotfix released now.

Years
    New update now makes battles quicker by taking out the auto-advance and making the player press A to manually advance ala Black and White (kinda). Let me know if you like this change or if it's annoying :)

Years
    Seems like the people want selectable Pokémon at the shop with no randomness. Good thing I already put that in the game! Next update will be pretty big and probably the last major one, so if you spot any bugs or design quirks you think I should know about, don't hesitate to tell me. As much as I like making this stuff, I'm no designer, so I often just add stuff without thinking about balance.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    Wow, a very interesting and fun Battle Frontier-centric ROMhack, I wasn't aware that there was a battle engine upgrade for Emerald *and* a ROM hack specifically centered around battling using that battle engine. Keep up the great work! A quick question: is 6v6 Singles battling available in this ROM hack in any form and format, or only 3v3? Thanks in advance for your response! ^^

Back