• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon .::Frontier

Supergamecube14

The Worst Hacker Ever Born
Years
  • .:: Hack Name ::.
    Pokémon .::Frontier

.:: Hack of ::.
    Pokémon Ruby

.:: Introduction ::.
    This is my very first hack. I made it as an alternative to the constant "go to the proffessor, get your pokemon, beat the Gym leaders..." storyline and I ended up making Pokémon Frontier!

.:: Story ::.
    You are an average kid from Johto. One day, a strange man asks you to fill out a survey. When you come to the question, "What is your dream job?", the man perks up! He asks you to fill out an additional information sheet so that you may be entered in a sweepstakes to live out your dream and become a FRONTIER EXPLORER!

.:: Features ::.
    New Region
    New Maps
    New Storyline
    New Main Objectives + Charachters

.:: Team::.
    Mapper: Me
    Scripter: Me

.:: Screenshots ::.

(Attached below) I attached a Map overview of Yudiom so far.

Viola! There you have it! I hope that you enjoy it! I'll have a beta out very shortly for those of you interested. PM me if you want to help!

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2006
    yeah it would be a whole lot more enjoyable if you decreased the size of the map..... it seem's so bare......... you must think that the map size will be two time's larger opposed to playing it on a emulator there's is way to much map space here unless there are some event's taking up the space and yeah the grass seem's like it will be iratating when i think about it oh yeah sorry about not saying this in my first post so i had to edit it in but the story line is great i give it like 8 thumbs up seem's like alot of hexing but im not to good at hex either so i might be wrong

pencilbuddy

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2009
    IS their going to be rby gsc and dp pokemon or rs pokemon that do not usslay apper in ussal ruby and sapphire and emerald games.
    thanks. one more thing how about gyms and eltie four thanks once again

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 11, 2023
    Waaaaaaay too much empty space! Too much grass and too much of the same thing over and over again. Try varying the trees and make some paths. I like the idea of that building with the driveway though. And I think the storyline is awesoe aswel.

Liquinn

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2007
    Hmm, you don't need that amount of grass. Make paths and scenery. I am experienced with rom hacking so what I would do is remove atleast half the grass and put in some scenery, Pokemon Centre, Maybe a gym, paths, trees... etc.
    You don't have to take anyone's advice, it's your hack.

We're telling you that you need to get rid of atleast half the grass to be perfectly honest. Apart from that it looks good *wonders*. XD.

Liquinn,

Supergamecube14

The Worst Hacker Ever Born
    Years
  • Hi, sorry it took me so long to check back, my comp was having some problems with Pokecommunity yesterday. Anyhoo, The largest empty space (the one under the large 'F') is actually an invisible path, which kinda explains the empty space. As for the rest, Yudiom is supposed to be an uncharted territory, filled with grass, even in towns. However, if you have some ideas on what would be better than grass in SOME areas, I would be more than happy to accomidate! Expect a beta very soon!

Hi, me again. I couldn't figure out how to attach any further items to the first post, so when you see this help me out. In the meantime, I have a beta for Frontier attached to this post. But again, I really need to put this at the top. So , let me know what you think!

Last edited by a moderator:

simadons

Imagine
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2013
    Looks good, if you need help i can script, map, spirit and text

Nox30_04

Traveller
    Years
  • I tried the patch however the game screen goes black every time I go to look in the bag for any items

Nox30_04

Traveller
    Years
  • Supergamecube14 said:
    Can't help you there, perhaps it's the rom that you are using...unless anyone else has had that problem ,that is...

So far everything but that works

Edit: I think I found the problem, seems the bag can't be used by the girl character as yet cause I tried again with the boy and it all works

Edit 2: A glitch above the open space where that guy gives you a pass it cause your character to freeze but then you see a second image where it moves mostly side to side

Last edited:

FaNtEcH

u keep winning until u lose
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2008
    nice hack
    you could improve on mapping though

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2009
    i found a glitch,
    you need to change the attributes in some of the grass in frontier town, looks good otherwise tho. good job

waregreymon

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I got the same problem with the game. I get a black screen when you look in the bag. So you can pretty much not use any items or catch any pokemon. But otherwise this game rocks. I played the game and its great. This game is pretty challenging compare to other hacks.

Back