• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2023
    More weird errors as of the latest version, I'm afraid. I used Flamethrower with my level 30 Fletchinder on a level 15 Snover and it did about a quarter damage. Seriously, wtf? Peck takes them out in one shot, but Flamethrower now does absolutely pittiful damage even though the "It's super effective" message still displays. I checked the stats and typings of both pokemon and they seem normal, so has the super effective damage formula been altered somehow?

Also, I went to the Abomasnow Woods to collect the much appreciated new mega stone, but according to the town map I'm positioned way out in the ocean when in the woods.

Thank you for adding Whimsicott's party/box sprite, but it seems a bit high up when compared to the other sprites in my PC box. It looks like it's floating a little bit.

When in the PC, if you click "Organize Boxes", then press B to exit, the "Deposit Pokemon" button is highlighted. "Deposit Pokemon", A, B, and "Withdraw Pokemon" is highlighted. "Withdraw Pokemon" and "Organize Boxes" is highlighted. "Organize Items" works as normal.

Finally, have you checked MrDollSteak's sprites thread recently? A few more of the mega evolution sprites have been completed, but I'm not sure if they're in this hack yet. I heard Mega Pinsir and Mega Banette's sprites aren't in yet, but I'm almost certain they're both available on his thread. If I'm mistaken and they are both in Gaia already then I apologise, I haven't had a chance to test this one yet.

EDIT: Quite a critical error now, when mega evolving Abomasnow in battle, its level decreased from 40 to 37 (back up to 40 after the battle ended. This also caused it to end the battle with 138/129 HP.

Last edited:
    Years
    More weird errors as of the latest version, I'm afraid. I used Flamethrower with my level 30 Fletchinder on a level 15 Snover and it did about a quarter damage. Seriously, wtf? Peck takes them out in one shot, but Flamethrower now does absolutely pittiful damage even though the "It's super effective" message still displays. I checked the stats and typings of both pokemon and they seem normal, so has the super effective damage formula been altered somehow?
    What item was your Fletchinder holding? If it's the Choice Specs, then I suspect that may be the cause of it.

Also, I went to the Abomasnow Woods to collect the much appreciated new mega stone, but according to the town map I'm positioned way out in the ocean when in the woods.
    Fixed, thanks.

Thank you for adding Whimsicott's party/box sprite, but it seems a bit high up when compared to the other sprites in my PC box. It looks like it's floating a little bit.
    Fixed!

When in the PC, if you click "Organize Boxes", then press B to exit, the "Deposit Pokemon" button is highlighted. "Deposit Pokemon", A, B, and "Withdraw Pokemon" is highlighted. "Withdraw Pokemon" and "Organize Boxes" is highlighted. "Organize Items" works as normal.
    I forgot I didn't mention that in the README; I've been wrestling with this for a while now to no avail, though.

Finally, have you checked MrDollSteak's sprites thread recently? A few more of the mega evolution sprites have been completed, but I'm not sure if they're in this hack yet. I heard Mega Pinsir and Mega Banette's sprites aren't in yet, but I'm almost certain they're both available on his thread. If I'm mistaken and they are both in Gaia already then I apologise, I haven't had a chance to test this one yet.
    Mega Pinsir's sprite is already in, and Mega Banette does not have a full set of sprites yet as far as I'm aware.

Quite a critical error now, when mega evolving Abomasnow in battle, its level decreased from 40 to 37 (back up to 40 after the battle ended. This also caused it to end the battle with 138/129 HP.
    I've fixed this, but it may leave Abomasnow and Snover that have already been captured somewhat bugged as they had the incorrect experience curve prior to this fix. Any new ones should level up properly, however. Thanks.

You can redownload to fix Whimiscott's icon, the Town Map error with the Abomasnow Woods and the issue with Snover and Abomasnow's experience.

Years
    i found bug.. when i was battling a trainer outside the battle marsh, my camerupt was lvl 41 and i used earth power and it deals super effective damage to combusken lvl 32 but the damage was very low.. ugh.. just a dot of hp bar was reduced. i know my camerupt can kill that combusken before in just 1 blow but now because of the new download i just dont know what happened..

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2016
    Something is wrong with the latest update...most of my attacks only do like 1 damage, and then after a while the game freezes...or maybe im the only one experiencing this.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I was reading the posts above to see what was going on. And when I was testing against an Onix with Empoleon, I founded out the main cause: Special Attack moves do LITTLE damage at all while Physical Attacks do normal damage. *NOT saying it does normal damage. Just the expected damage. IE: 2x Weakness works*

Last edited:
    Years

i found bug.. when i was battling a trainer outside the battle marsh, my camerupt was lvl 41 and i used earth power and it deals super effective damage to combusken lvl 32 but the damage was very low.. ugh.. just a dot of hp bar was reduced. i know my camerupt can kill that combusken before in just 1 blow but now because of the new download i just dont know what happened..

Something is wrong with the latest update...most of my attacks only do like 1 damage, and then after a while the game freezes...or maybe im the only one experiencing this.

I was reading the posts above to see what was going on. And when I was testing against an Onix with Empoleon, I founded out the main cause: Special Attack moves do LITTLE damage at all while Physical Attacks do normal damage. *NOT saying it does normal damage. Just the expected damage. IE: 2x Weakness works*

Thanks for notifying me, I've fixed it with the help of kleenexfeu.

Please redownload!

unIQuE-_-SK

Rocket Grunt
    Years
    In addition to low damaging special moves, Aerilate is converting every type of move into flying type (tested fighting, rock, dark,...).
    Edit: first one fixed, second one isn't.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2016
    what is the catching rate for slowpoke...i tried Surfing and Fishing for about 45mins and nothing yet!....i know im at the right location....i just need that Mega for a complete team!....and thanks so much for the fast fixes...they are a gift from the DEVINE!

Years
    what is the catching rate for slowpoke...i tried Surfing and Fishing for about 45mins and nothing yet!....i know im at the right location....i just need that Mega for a complete team!....and thanks so much for the fast fixes...they are a gift from the DEVINE!

In Sabulo Cross, Slowpoke are only a 2% encounter chance... in the grass. They can also be found in the water in the Ferre Ruins, with slightly less rarity. If you can access the green part of Frostbite Cave, they are slightly more common there, too, and in some of the blue floors they can also be found with a 2% encounter rate.

Anyway, I just found another game breaking bug that would cause battles to slow down and eventually freeze, so please redownload.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2016
    Thanks a trillion.....definitely best hack of the decade.....i dont want to ask too much out of u, but will u consider adding Nature Synchronization or passing it down with Everstone, in future Beta release!

(2hrs just looking for a CALM Oddish) !lool!

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2017
    Yo spherical Ice. I am loving your hack. Just wanted to ask if Beta 3 is near and what will it contain? Thanks

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2017
    So,I was on Seros Village,after I beat Fernando this weird stuff happened twice:
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Of course,with the "dialogue" between the second and the other two images.

Also,if you enter the Day-care's backyard and talk to the Chansey there the game will crash no matter what

Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
    Thanks a trillion.....definitely best hack of the decade.....i dont want to ask too much out of u, but will u consider adding Nature Synchronization or passing it down with Everstone, in future Beta release!

(2hrs just looking for a CALM Oddish) !lool!
    Thanks. Like I said already, I wouldn't rule that out but it certainly wouldn't be a priority, either.

Yo spherical Ice. I am loving your hack. Just wanted to ask if Beta 3 is near and what will it contain? Thanks
    Beta 3 is definitely not near, yet, as I've only been bugfixing v2.5.

On the game description he said, hes very busy, and probably will release Beta 3 around New Year Eve!
    To clarify, the FAQ says it should be out before the end of 2016, not 2015.

So,I was on Seros Village,after I beat Fernando this weird stuff happened twice:
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Of course,with the "dialogue" between the second and the other two images.

Also,if you enter the Day-care's backyard and talk to the Chansey there the game will crash no matter what

Pokémon Gaia Version
    I've fixed this, thank you. You can redownload but it won't reoccur unless you reactivate that event.

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2020
    Sorry, i know it isn´t a big bug but when i went to archan tunnel for the second time i had an encounter with roggenrola and the level (lvl) sign was missing, like it only said 9

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
    Sorry, i know it isn´t a big bug but when i went to archan tunnel for the second time i had an encounter with roggenrola and the level (lvl) sign was missing, like it only said 9

That's a known bug that is actually in the readme. It's cause by the Mega Evolution code. It's not really known what causes it at this point as it's seemingly random. Some BIOS interaction probably.

Years
    when im using pin missile with beedrill the game freezes. is it only me or this is a bug? please check it.. this is really annoying... but i tried using pin missile with heracross its working well.

Last edited:
    Back