• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

DarkEmperor7135

Herrow!
    Years
    Great ROM hack, one of the best I've played in a while.

One question though, since I have no access to a PC emulator (No README.txt) for the time being (I'm playing on GBA4iOS), what level does Boldore evolve at, and how do I check the happiness of my Pokemon (Woobat needs max friendship+level up to evolve right?)

Years
    hi
    There is a bug in the animation of the attack and wish some more using that shine.
    This is already noted in the README.txt, thanks. It's an unfortunate side effect of the Mega Evolution code.

When I attempt to patch my 1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U) (Squirrels) rom, I'm told by various patching tools that the patch doesn't match the rom. I've used NUPS, Tsukuyomi, and Multipatch (Yes, a mac tool.) Am I doing something wrong? Is there something I can do to fix this problem? Or can somebody provide me with a link to a pre-patched rom? All and any help is much obliged. Thank-you.
    That's because the base ROM is 1635 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels), haha.

Who evolves by the regal stone?
    All of the Regal Stone-usable Pokémon are listed in the README.txt as alternate evolution methods.

Great ROM hack, one of the best I've played in a while.

One question though, since I have no access to a PC emulator (No README.txt) for the time being (I'm playing on GBA4iOS), what level does Boldore evolve at, and how do I check the happiness of my Pokemon (Woobat needs max friendship+level up to evolve right?)
    Thank you!

You can read the README.txt in-browser here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sccrpt9gury76us/README.txt?dl=0&preview=README.txt

If that doesn't work: Boldore evolves at level 42, and you can check your Pokémon's Friendship by talking to a woman in the Precimos Hotel. Woobat does indeed need high Friendship to evolve.

Fixed a bug where, if you white out against Eunice, the first New Elder grunt was still hidden.

You can redownload to fix it!

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
    Years
    You can redownload to fix it!
    :O Another redownload, there has been so many of them. Awesome that you fix bugs right away.

Also can you make Scyther a stone evolution? Scyther and Scizor have the same base total. Scizor has more defence and attack but almost half the speed. I personally love Scyther and don't wanna stop him from evolving each time he goes over level 40. The only perks about Scizor is his mega evolution and I'm honestly not big fan of megas and don't plan on adding one in my team. I played a bit of one of the redownloads a while back but waiting for my brother to finish up few things so we can play at same time and compare our teams, etc.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2020
    Hey, found a magikarp. Seems only the body of water in the first town had nothing in it.

For some reason my female Kirlia keeps wanting to evolve into a Gallade from about level 25 or so (and won't evolve into a Gardevoir)... is there an alternate method in game to evolve it to Gardevoir?

Readme.txt mentions dawn stone for Gallade, but mine doesn't seem to need any!

Edit: Shouldn't male or female Kirlia be evolving to Gardevoir at 30 anyway? And only dawn stone on male evolving it into Gallade. I've checked the male/female sign many times now... and it's definitely female!

Rare candied up a male Kirlia and it evolved into a Gardevoir at 30... It's definitely a symbol mixup or something... Hope you can fix it. Checked the last page and someone else also had a similar issue.

Btw, I've been catching all Pokemon I've been finding (like Red not Ash) uptil Aerous City and it comes upto around 60. Haven't found a Surskit though.

Edit2:

Last edited:
    Years
    :O Another redownload, there has been so many of them. Awesome that you fix bugs right away.

Also can you make Scyther a stone evolution? Scyther and Scizor have the same base total. Scizor has more defence and attack but almost half the speed. I personally love Scyther and don't wanna stop him from evolving each time he goes over level 40. The only perks about Scizor is his mega evolution and I'm honestly not big fan of megas and don't plan on adding one in my team. I played a bit of one of the redownloads a while back but waiting for my brother to finish up few things so we can play at same time and compare our teams, etc.

Spoiler:
    Fair enough, I've made it a Regal Stone evolution instead.

Hey, found a magikarp. Seems only the body of water in the first town had nothing in it.

For some reason my female Kirlia keeps wanting to evolve into a Gallade (and won't evolve into a Gardevoir)... is there an alternate method in game to evolve it to Gardevoir?

Readme.txt mentions dawn stone for Gallade... but mine doesn't seem to need any!

Edit: Shouldn't male or female Kirlia be evolving to Gardevoir at 30 anyway? And only dawn stone on male evolving it into Gallade... I've checked the male/female sign many times now... and it's definitely female!
    I can't even recreate this, I don't know why this is happening to you; it works perfectly for me. Are you sure you've patched on a 1635 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels) ROM?

I also don't know how you can say you were looking for wild Pokémon in the "first town" when Celanto Town has no water. And if you meant Reliquia Ruins, well... the guy literally says the sea life is dead, lol.

You can redownload to change Scyther's evolutionary method and also some slight improvements to some of the new music.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2020
    I can't even recreate this, I don't know why this is happening to you; it works perfectly for me. Are you sure you've patched on a 1635 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels) ROM?

I also don't know how you can say you were looking for wild Pokémon in the "first town" when Celanto Town has no water. And if you meant Reliquia Ruins, well... the guy literally says the sea life is dead, lol.
    Yup the ruins.. haha.

As for Kirlia, yes I'm using the 1635 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels) ROM. The game has ♂ (Male) and ♀ (Female) right? Because then it's definitely female.

Here is she fighting: https://i.imgur.com/tFnZZRW.png
    Here is general info: https://i.imgur.com/HqGsEhw.png
    Here is she getting a sex-change operation when evolving: https://i.imgur.com/9Wy2yo2.png

Pretty weird that she changes her gender to become Gallade. Dedication, I say ;D

Years
    Yup the ruins.. haha.

As for Kirlia, yes I'm using the 1635 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels) ROM. The game has ♂ (Male) and ♀ (Female) right? Because then it's definitely female.

Here is she fighting: https://i.imgur.com/tFnZZRW.png
    Here is general info: https://i.imgur.com/HqGsEhw.png
    Here is she getting a sex-change operation when evolving: https://i.imgur.com/9Wy2yo2.png

Pretty weird that she changes her gender to become Gallade. Dedication, I say ;D

And you say you've definitely redownloaded and tried on the newest version?

Because this video was made just now on the newest version and it works as intended.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2020
    Yup, just re-downloaded the newest one in the above post and it's still the same.

Suppose I'll have to catch a male kirlia and evolve it into Gardevoir then!

Is the evolution to Gallade only supposed to be triggered via dawn stone?

Years
    Yup, just re-downloaded the newest one in the above post and it's still the same.

Suppose I'll have to catch a male kirlia and evolve it into Gardevoir then!

Is the evolution to Gallade only supposed to be triggered via dawn stone?

The methods of evolution for Kirlia are meant to be exactly as they are in the canon games; male Kirlia will evolve into a Gallade when a Dawn Stone is used, both male and female Kirlia will evolve into a Gardevoir if they are level 30 or higher, and female Kirlia will not evolve into Gallade as they cannot have Dawn Stones used on them.

I'm curious as to why it is not working for you: can you PM me your .sav file, with your Kirlia?

Years
    Well, your conclusion that that specific Kirlia wants to be different must be true: I even tried getting a new, level 29 female Kirlia and its evolution worked properly.

I'm just going to assume this is a problem with legacy saves. See it like having a rare Kirlia, lol.

Any updates? :3

Nope! Currently just bugfixing v2.5.

Found a few small bugs here and there, you can redownload here.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2020
    Well, your conclusion that that specific Kirlia wants to be different must be true: I even tried getting a new, level 29 female Kirlia and its evolution worked properly.

I'm just going to assume this is a problem with legacy saves. See it like having a rare Kirlia, lol.
    Ahh, was hoping she'd evolve fine on yours (and then I'd just ask for that save :P)

Would've been fine as well if her nature (timid), iv (0 in attack) and ev (0 in attack) not made Gallade a terrible fit for her.

Since male Kirlia's still evolve to Gardevoir, I guess I'm off to find a decent one :(

Edit: I reloaded a pretty old save (Kirlia at 21) and it evolves in Gardevoir in this one. Have no clue what is happening, but I'm using this one :P

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    About the Eevee, it's male and currently lvl 13. It's the one you get from defeating the painter guy and I hatched the egg in Windmist city, that took forever btw!!! I'm leveling it via exp.share in the level in your picture. Also I'm using 1636 if that matters.

Years
    Ahh, was hoping she'd evolve fine on yours (and then I'd just ask for that save :P)

Would've been fine as well if her nature (timid), iv (0 in attack) and ev (0 in attack) not made Gallade a terrible fit for her.

Since male Kirlia's still evolve to Gardevoir, I guess I'm off to find a decent one :(

Edit: I reloaded a pretty old save (Kirlia at 21) and it evolves in Gardevoir in this one. Have no clue what is happening, but I'm using this one :P
    Welp, at least you managed to resolve it. Strange.

About the Eevee, it's male and currently lvl 13. It's the one you get from defeating the painter guy and I hatched the egg in Windmist city, that took forever btw!!! I'm leveling it via exp.share in the level in your picture. Also I'm using 1636 if that matters.
    Try patching onto a 1635 ROM instead.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    Hi Sphice! I probably will never compliment enough for how amazing this hack is coming along, but today that's not what I'm here for.
    How on earth am I supposed to find a feebas? I've been surfing that river for hours and after encountering a few shellos, one goldeen and more poliwags than I can count, I realised that maybe I have to fish. But with my good rod I only seem to find magikarp. Do I need to get a better rod or I just can't find it because of the insanely low encounter rate?

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2022
    so you let the wish animation or arrange it, and there are still errors of the code of the mega evolution?

Back