• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2023
    Can someone help me? My male Kirlia evolves to Gallade when he reaches level 28. Why is this happening? I am using the 1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels) rom since I can't seem to find the 1635 version.

Edit: I tried it with the 1635 version, and it still happens.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2017
    The game was amazing, I only have one question... What are the Regal Stones for, I have 2 and I'm not sure what to do with them :/ I can't wait to see more though!!

Phantom Phoenix

Lost on the road of life
    Years
    • Age 27
    • ???
    • Seen Jul 1, 2020
    The game was amazing, I only have one question... What are the Regal Stones for, I have 2 and I'm not sure what to do with them :/ I can't wait to see more though!!

regal stones are for alternative evolutions.there is a list in read me.text about which pokemon can evolve by it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2020
    How do multiple people save over the rom? My friend and I are working on a rom but we don't know how to add both of our progress to a singular rom.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • Just finished the beta (it ends after getting the Precimos Gym Badge, right?) and enjoyed myself. My team is all level 47 and consists of Clefable, Infernape, Ludicolo, and Galvantula. Didn't have any trouble with any of the big battles, despite having shared weaknesses across the team.

Did notice two minor bugs and several grammar errors, though. I talked to and battled everyone I found.

Spoiler:

I have to say, after not touching this since your very first beta, this is a huge improvement and I see why you won Hack of the Year. Keep up the good work!

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2017
    Not sure if this was mentioned before but False Swipe isn't working like how it's supposed to.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2023
    How did you even resurface after diving? Once I go down there i can't go back up.

Years
  • Wow! Great hack! Now that we are nearing the end of the game, what kind of post-game do you have planned?
    Thank you! The postgame will include more Battle Marsh facilities, Gym Leader rematches, Lumos Island and more.

Are there any good early game Grass-types? (Also I want to find Fletchling: I'm assuming its early game cause its early game in XY)
    You can get Budew, Hoppip, Skiddo, Pumpkaboo and Shroomish relatively early on in the game. Fletchling can be found in Nestpine Climb.

How do I get Shedinja? I've tried evolving Nincada with all sorts of balls and a free party slot but nothing seems to work.
    This appears to be a bug, I'll try to fix it for Beta 3.

so my first file wouldn't save but i found a solution by switching to flash-128k and deleting it. after that it would save properly and i didn't have a problem loading up and playing from where i last saved reguardless of reseting or closing out of the vba emulator, only getting "the 1M sub-circut is not installed or blue bars" after the start screen. so when i was done i shut off my computer and went to bed, now that i'm up my save file isn't working. i clearly see it in my files but its not working

(i can't post links yet)

but now its starting up the game like it isn't even there, does that the sav file is corrupted and i have to start from scratch
    Long story short, yes, it does. Next time I recommend configuring your emulator properly before playing.

Is Glaceon in this game? Cause i have an Eevee :7: and i REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want to eeveelve my Eevee :7: into a Glaceon! (couldnt find Glaceon Emoticon) And where could i find an Ice Rock in PoKéMoN Gaia?
    You just need to level-up your Eevee in the third floor up from Frostbite Cave's entrance from Nestpine Town.

How do i pass Telmurk Swamp is the end of the beta there pls answer me i have search everything the guard says "You need some sort of protection to pass"
    You need to go to Nemesis Cave, interact with the Lileep Tablet, and then participate in the Bug-Catching Contest. After that, Vernon's Gym will open. Defeat the Gym and you will meet your rival, who will give you a Gas Mask, allowing you to pass through Telmurk Swamp.

Locations mega stones of Louponny and Aaggron...
    Lopunnite can be found in Telmurk Outskirts and Aggronite can be found in Nemesis Cave.

Found a bug in game, after I've captured chansey in secret path and try to leave, the screen stays black.
    I'll investigate and fix this for Beta 3, thank you.

hey, i have a question. where can i find a move tutor/tm for return (for my mega-alteria)
    The TM for Return is given by an old lady in Archan Tunnel. You'll need Rock Smash to get to her, however.

Excellent hack, I have played a fair few and this is easily one of the best. Just wanted to mention a couple of bugs that I encountered and didn't see in the README.txt:
    • After my rival healed my team outside the Battle Marsh, the game froze. I restarted from my save twice, the first time it froze again but the second time the game continued as normal. I haven't fiddled with the code at all, and my game is patched onto 1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels).gba.
    • I have a Clefable with magic guard that doesn't take damage from burn/poison or weather (as expected), but takes recoil damage from a life orb as if it doesn't have the ability. This might be intentional or just something on your to-do list, but I thought that I would point it out just in case.
    Thank you. I've not been able to recreate the first bug but I will look into it. I'll also look into the second one, I'm fairly sure it's just an implementation error on my behalf.

My sheerforce Nidoqueen also takes recoil from the life orb. Wasn't sure if I was missing something but I guess it's a bug.
    Thanks, I'll look into that as well.

You add primal forms and shadow form?
    Probably not, no.

I patched FireRed file with gaia 2.5v and game doesn't start. Help :(
    Are you sure you patched it properly? A common mistake is failing to extract the ROM / patch from their .zip, first.

anyone knows where is gligar i been looking for one but cannot find it
    Gligar is not able to be caught in v2.5.

Can't wait for beta 3 beta 2.5 was awesome!
    Thanks!

Please Help, i'm in Valoon Town, but i can't access "Valoon Town Pokemon Gym". It says " The door appear to be locked ... ". I already went to the cave above and found a 'pokemon map or something behind the tree'. Talk and back to the Gym but still can't access !
    You need to take part in the Bug-Catching Contest.

I just realised/realized (they're both legitimate spellings, sadly) that you changed the Hero OWs.
    I'm loving the new ones!
    I want to be able to play this, but haven't gottwn a chance, haha...
    Thanks!

Just encountered what seems to be a bug in the v2.5 of Pokemon Gaia. I caught Scyther in the Bug Catching contest in order to make use of False Swipe to ease future contests. Problem is, False Swipe isn't working as intended and is killing my foes instead of leaving them at 1 hp.

Props for the awesome game!
    Thanks, this will be fixed for Beta 3.

are there ways to get other generation starters, i really want a treeko
    Yes, there are the Sinnoh starters at the beginning of the game and Belle will give you the second stage of the Kanto starter which your starter is strong against (so if you chose Turtwig, you'll receive a Wartortle). Treecko is not available at the moment, however.

i'm stuck inside the 5th gmy and i can't get out, im running over the switch to open the gate but its not working

edit: i just reset from a old slate, sent me a 2 or 3 levels back but doing to gmy again but the glitch didn't happen that time. not sure how to recreate it, i just know that all the gates were closed and i couldn't get out. i think its still worth noting, because i had i not had a save slate, i'd be stuck in there forever. i assumed it happened when i saved and soft reset near the trainer with the toxicroak thus causing the gates behind me to close

also golurk evolves at level 43 not 34
    The bug with the Telmurk Gym is known,but the change to Golett's evolution level is intentional (as you can see by it being listed in the README under the alternate evolution methods).

Thank you, that did it. I'd already been to the game corner before defeating the gym leader, so there was no reason for me to go back there again, until you mentioned this. I think you should make it more clear that you should enter the game corner.
    Yeah, this has already been changed for Beta 3. Thanks for playing, though!

Any news on how the new version is going? Wanna get into those dive spots

Also congrats on hack of the year
    Thanks! Progress is sort of slow but it's not completely stopped.

I used 1636-Pokemon Fire, but i can't play...i have dark screen when i open the rom.
    You likely patched incorrectly (it's also 1635 that's recommended, anyway). Make sure to extract everything, both the .GBA ROM and the .UPS file and patching program, before doing anything.

You can. Catch a wailmer. Some of them know the move dive. You wont find anything down there though. if you do go down there I can tell you you get multiple copies of ampharos and blastoise lvl 50. At least that's what happened to me. Make sure you take a pokemon that knows the move fly with you. because you won't be able to get out of the water after you come to the surface again.
    I'd rather you not spread the exploit to a bug. :/

Alright, I played through this game and I must say Im postively impressed. The only bug I noticed was the Dex entry of Budew. The graphics were ok and Idk about the sound because I always play without. The distribution of Pokes was quite good although it took me quite long to replace my fire starter. The gyms werent too difficult but I dislike Gyms that take forever to get to the leader anyway.

One thing I didnt really like was the difficulty of battles. Either rival or gym battle - I walked through them like any other trainer on the road. Imo you should work on their movesets and maybe add underleveled evolutions. I was kinda disappointed when I saw that second evolution of some fire starter in from the gym leader using tackle. Seeing that thing with brick break, flame charge/flare blitz, sunny day and solar beam would have been a nice challenge. But I walked through the gyms like nothing. For example my just caught scyther sweeped the whole bug gym.

Another point Id like to add is the everlasting hm problem. Id really like to see them to be deletable by a TM. I'm carrying a 4 attacks HM slave and Im still in need to learn strength, dive and waterfall (?). What I'd love to see - but I'm sure that it'll take some effort to find out and develope would be the possibility to teach pokes HMs only for outside use (or both of course) so it won't be usable in battle and doesnt take the spot of an attack.

I think that's all the feedback I could give you. Looking forward to seeing the next beta.
    Thank you! Budew's Pokédex entry has been fixed for Beta 3. I'll take your feedback for the difficulty on board but bear in mind Gaia is not trying to be any harder or easier than the vanilla Pokémon games are, but in the future I do plan to release some form of Gaia X patch where it does have an increased difficulty. That being said, it's not an excuse for this being a cakewalk so I will look into making it slightly more challenging. As for deleteable HMs, this likely will not happen as it would create for some potentially game-breaking instances (you could, for example, then just make the Pokémon you're currently Surfing on forget Surf and then potentially get trapped on an island). Thanks for the feedback, though.

Just finished beta 2.5 :D, is gengarite available in this beta? I've seen Iris from Battle Marsh using mega gengar. Sad thing is after i finished the beta i found a shiny poliwhirl sadly... i killed it </3
    Gengarite is not available in v2.5, no. Thanks for playing!

I want to know how you use mega evolution on the my boy gba emulator for android.
    Press the Start button, just like Belle tells you.

I recently found this hack. It's a good hack, and i love it. The good news is, i found some bug..

My A Horse (its a gogoat, yay!) ability, Sap Sipper, has buggy dialogue in the battle. it changes names, to cholorophyl and other abilities.

My Veta (female Kirlia) evolve into Gallade at lv. 29 (the dawn stone doesn't work when it was a kirlia) and turns into a male... i dont think this game support trans that way, lol

Great hack tho, cheers
    Thank you, both of these bugs have been reported and I will try to fix them for Beta 3.

Anyone know where's gligar's temple? Just finished vattle marsh youre really did a good job making this hack, hoping to play next beta soon!
    Gligar does not have a Secret Temple; it is not available in v2.5. Thank you for playing!

Think I've found a bug or potentially something that hasn't been implemented yet:

Tried to use an ability pill on my intimidate gyarados to change it to moxie, but nothing happened and my ability pill was used up. Perhaps moxie isn't an available ability?
    Moxie is not in the game, no. It is not necessarily a bug but I might make it so that the Ability Pill is not consumed if a Pokémon only has one ability, like what is the case with Gyarados.

Will you ever make a file that shows where each pokemon is located? If you could that would be awesome, thanks! BTW, hack is awesome!!!!
    Eventually, yes, I do plan to release a document like that. Thanks for playing!

where can i catch gible and how to evolve eevee to umbreon?
    Gible cannot be caught in v2.5. Evolutionary methods can be found in the README.txt; Eevee evolves to Umbreon with a Moon Stone.

I was wondering if this hack has a way to change pokemon IV's in game? If so, where/how? Thanks!
    Nope, sorry.

Hi, I just started playing this, and I was wondering what the letters beside the attributes meant. Are they Ev's or are they some sort of comparison between others at the same level? Maybe this is mentioned somewhere, but I don't think I can find this easily.
    Also, I'm just wondering if there are petilils so far in the beta. I plan to run an only grass team in this game, and I am not a huge fan of roserade.

Thanks
    The letter grades on the summary screen indicate a Pokémon's IVs for a given stat, where an S rank equates to 30-31 IVs, and an F- equates to 0. Petilil can be found in the grass in Nemesis River.

Where is the banetite?
    Bannetite can be found in Telmurk Outskirts.

I found a little bug in the game. Some text messages in a battle go away really quickly. This also includes the message when Sturdy activates. I hope I helped you with this
    This is hardly a bug but I do believe I know of a way for it to not happen, so it may be 'fixed' for Beta 3.

Hey, im having trouble with patching the game on my android device, i dont think im doing it properly. Could someone please instruct me on what to do, ive heard good things about this game and really wanna play it! please and thankyou!!
    I'd recommend you just patch it on your computer using the included tsukuyomi / NUPS programs to a FireRed ROM which you'll need to obtain yourself, and then transfer the patched file to your phone instead. I personally don't know how to patch ROMs on a phone, though, so I'd just recommend googling for a solution if using a computer isn't possible.

With any luck the next beta will still be able to use the 2.5 saves. Done 6 gyms and now just getting pokemon to level 50. Fancy completely changing my team for the next part.
    Beta v3 is planned to maintain compatibility with v2.5. saves, yes. Thanks for playing!

It would be nice if instead of starting with the Pokemon of the 4th generation , began with the 6th generation .
    And it appears the transformation of Ash-Greninja as mega evolution
    I don't know why I would randomly change the starter Pokémon, so no they won't suddenly become the Generation 6 starters. Ash Ketchum is an anime character and therefore does not exist in Gaia, nor would his Greninja (which, by the way, has not been confirmed as a Mega Evolution anyway).

I was seeing a Playthrough on Youtube of Gaia, and the player was able to skip battling the 3rd Gym and go all the way to the city of the 4th Gym, and even enter the Bug Catchig Contest with Vernon. Maybe putting some obstacle until you get the 3rd Badge would help?

Also since you inserted the "Experience upon Capturing" feature, couldn't you also make it like Gen 6 where all the Pokemon that participate on the battle gain 100% of Experience, instead of it being halved? (Including also the Pokemon that's holding the Exp. Share). I think it would make training a little bit easier but not too easy like it is with the Gen 6 Exp. Share. You could even increase the difficulty a little for next beta.

Other Gen 6 mechanics would also be cool if you were able to insert them, like:
    - Grass-type Pokémon are no longer affected by moves such as Spore, Stun Spore, PoisonPowder or Sleep Powder
    - Electric-type Pokémon can no longer be Paralyzed
    - Poison-type Pokémon have 100% accuracy with Toxic
    - Ghost-type Pokémon are no longer affected by moves that trap them such as Mean Look

ALSO, I'm sure that was already reported, but anyway: The last floor of The Ferre Ruins have that glitch where a lot of Sunfloras will appear at all the time, with crazy levels and stuff. Hope it can be fixed on the next beta.

But then again, just my suggestions. Good luck and all the success with the game. ;)
    I had considered roadblocking the user to force them to complete the third Gym but honestly I think I prefer letting the user decide; ultimately they will eventually have to get the Ember Badge when they reach the badge gates at Victory Road, but I think the slight non-linearity that you get from being able to go to Windmist Summit first or fighting the Gym first makes the game more fun.

It would certainly be interesting to try and implement the new experience systems and I'm not against trying that, so it may well be in Beta 3! As for the other type nuances that Gen. 6 introduced: I do definitely want to get around to implementing them for the final version of Gaia, but I personally have not looked into how to do so, so there's no guarantee they will be in Beta 3. I'm fairly sure the Sunflora bug has already been fixed if you were to redownload, but if not it will still be fixed in Beta 3.

Pretty sure i got all available Megas in this game...now im in Waiting-Mode for that Beta 3 hype....:)
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Good job! Thanks for playing.

Can someone help me? My male Kirlia evolves to Gallade when he reaches level 28. Why is this happening? I am using the 1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels) rom since I can't seem to find the 1635 version.

Edit: I tried it with the 1635 version, and it still happens.
    This is a known bug, likely connected to your Kirlia's nature. Perhaps try capturing one with a different nature and see if that helps. It's not an ideal solution but hopefully the bug will be fixed in Beta 3.

HI. Where can I find a moon stone for my nidorino? Thanks!
    Moon Stones can be won as one of the prizes for coming in First Place in the Bug-Catching Contest, and they can also be found in Archan Tunnel and Telmurk Warehouses.

Regal Stones are evolutionary stones, and the Pokémon which evolve with them are listed in the README. More can be obtained by coming in First Place in the Bug-Catching Contest.

How do multiple people save over the rom? My friend and I are working on a rom but we don't know how to add both of our progress to a singular rom.
    I don't understand what you're trying to achieve here, Pokémon games have always only supported one save file. You could use your emulator's save state feature if you'd like but that isn't 'official' and wouldn't necessarily work properly.

Just finished the beta (it ends after getting the Precimos Gym Badge, right?) and enjoyed myself.
    Glad to hear you enjoyed it! That is indeed the end of v2.5.

Old man in Celantro Library says undecipherable. While technically correct, indecipherable is far more commonly used, and it stuck out enough to give me pause. You also use indecipherable on the rock surrounded by the totem poles south of town, so you should probably stick to one or the other.
    Nice catch! I remember deliberating between the two way back when I first started and I did decide on 'indecipherable', but I must have forgotten to update the guy in the library. Fixed for Beta 3!

When introducing yourself to the kid in Archan Tunnel who lost his Weedle, he says "no-one". The hyphen isn't necessary and it should just be "no one".
    Thanks, fixed for Beta 3!

First hiker's post battle dialog in Archan Tunnel is a little awkward. Instead of, "The tremors recently are a mystery!" perhaps "The recent tremors are a mystery!" would be better.
    Yeah I had noticed this awkward dialogue myself already, and in Beta 3 it will actually be completely different.

The micro grass animation in Hidden Grottoes appears to be broken.
    Hm, I'll look into this.

The New Elders Admin in the Museum says that she has "no explained" instead of "not explained".
    Yeah I'd already had this pointed out thanks, it will also be fixed in Beta 3.

The description for Lava Cookie is missing an apostrophe in "Town's".
    Ah, thanks! Will be fixed for Beta 3.

I don't think Metronome can call the new moves.
    You're right; I'll look into this for Beta 3.

Nina's before battle text. Should be "Our hearts burn," not "Our hearts burns."
    Nice catch, thanks! Will be fixed for Beta 3.

The expert at the top floor of the Mega Evolution Tower says "calibre" in his post-battle text. Somewhere I remember you posting that you wanted to do American spellings of things. If I'm wrong, ignore this one!
    Ah, I wasn't aware the American spelling was different. You're right that I want to use American English for Gaia, so this has been fixed for Beta 3.

In any area with the 10 movement permission that you have tall grass on, the player and NPCs appear above the grass and the animation overlaps the OW sprite incorrectly (actually, it doesn't overlap at all). A specific place where this happens is in the Bug Catching Contest. The raised area directly north of the start has this problem.
    Oh, that area is actually the only place where I'd forgotten about that quirk. It's been fixed for Beta 3, thanks.

In the Battle Marsh on the 2nd floor, the receptionist on the right blocking the door says, "unaccessible." It should be, "inaccessible." Unaccessible isn't a word.
    My bad! Fixed for Beta 3.

On Precimos Island, the man right outside the Pokemon Center should say, "Hotel is," instead of "Hotel are".
    Oh, didn't notice that, thanks! Fixed for Beta 3 but I might end up redoing his dialogue altogether anyway as he's pretty verbose for a random NPC anyway.

There were several wild battles where the Lv. symbol disappeared. I know that that's probably a Mega Evolution side-effect, but I thought I'd mention it anyway. What battles were entirely random. Maybe 1 in 30 had that problem.
    Yeah, this is a known bug with the Mega Evolution code and is actually in the README's list. Thanks anyway!

I have to say, after not touching this since your very first beta, this is a huge improvement and I see why you won Hack of the Year. Keep up the good work!
    Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Not sure if this was mentioned before but False Swipe isn't working like how it's supposed to.
    It has been, and will be fixed for Beta 3, thanks.

one of the best gba hacks out there
    Thank you!

How did you even resurface after diving? Once I go down there i can't go back up.
    In the future I'd recommend not trying to exploit bugs in the first place.

Waiting for Beta 3. This Hack is so Awesome.
    Thank you!

As I mentioned earlier in this post, progress has been relatively slow. That being said, I've done a few sprite changes for some Trainer classes and Gym Leaders. Take a look!

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Back