• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    Thanks! And nah, it isn't based on a real world location.

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

A new nifty addition for faster travel I've added is a Cable Car going from the south of Windmist City to the east of Celanto Town. While initially inaccessible due to the tremors causing an avalanche, once the player reaches Windmist City they can then use the Cable Car to swiftly move up and down Mt. Ignis. (At the moment this has no cutscene in between, but if I manage to get to grips with C well enough I hope to include it!)

What update?? I must have missed it somewhere.

That update. Right there.
    From 3 days ago...

Years
  • So far it seems a really nice game with a good storyline, haven't started played in yet, but can you please import newer/better tiles? It will make the game look a lot more unique and combined with the good storyline, it'll prove out really good!
    Thank you! I have no plans to significantly alter the art style for Gaia at the moment, but thanks for your input!

This looks amazing. One of the very few I'm going to play to the end!

Nice work :D
    Thanks!

Are there fairy types in this?
    They are!

The latest screenshots are looking great, nice progress! (:
    Thank you!

I feel like I need this Hack. This is the best Hack I've played to date. Very well done. I would absolutely love you forever if the Froakie line was included, though.
    Thanks! They're currently not available, but that doesn't mean they won't ever be. :D

Quite possibly my favorite rom in years. I haven't been able to really get into any other like I did with this one and I can't wait for the next update. Keep up the good work.
    Thank you!

Is this game finished or still in progress?
    Gaia is currently still a work in progress, though you can try out Beta 1.1 by downloading it from the first post of this thread.

A common issue brought up by people playing Gaia has been that the trek from Archan Town through to Aerous City is relentlessly battle-intensive, and this is a valid claim that I merely underestimated the significance of. To remedy this, however, I've made more of the Trainers optional and added a new, small town that Archan Tunnel exits onto, called Seros Village.

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Seros Village is a small town east of Aerous Valley with the Day-care Center, where you can leave your Pokémon to be raised. The town is also home to your rival and an eccentric Rare Bone maniac!

Mr.Mako

Resident Edgelord Troll
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2023
    Thanks! They're currently not available, but that doesn't mean they won't ever be. :D

A common issue brought up by people playing Gaia has been that the trek from Archan Town through to Aerous City is relentlessly battle-intensive, and this is a valid claim that I merely underestimated the significance of. To remedy this, however, I've made more of the Trainers optional and added a new, small town that Archan Tunnel exits onto, called Seros Village.

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Seros Village is a small town east of Aerous Valley with the Day-care Center, where you can leave your Pokémon to be raised. The town is also home to your rival and an eccentric Rare Bone maniac!

Where was this village when I was rolling through lol jk. Seems like all the good hacks are giving decent stuff early on exp. share. Doesn't adding pokemon normally cause saves to be incompatible as well as changing maps? I could be wrong and I hope I am, but that seemed to be a thing. Though for the sake of my playthrough I hope its not cause I'd hate to restart.

Years
  • Where was this village when I was rolling through lol jk. Seems like all the good hacks are giving decent stuff early on exp. share. Doesn't adding pokemon normally cause saves to be incompatible as well as changing maps? I could be wrong and I hope I am, but that seemed to be a thing. Though for the sake of my playthrough I hope its not cause I'd hate to restart.
    So long as the save is in an unedited map, the game tends to keep its compatibility from a playability viewpoint, although there may be some inconsistencies with change dflags and so on. There shouldn't be anything significantly game-breaking that would prevent legacy saves from being usable, as far as I'm aware.

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

After the events at Sabulo Island, you move south-west, which brings you to the jungle-like Valoon Way! Here, Pokémon like Seviper, Aipom, Panpour and Ekans roam in the humid rain!

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    I don't know how the hell you do it, but damn, this is amazing :*
    I'm really liking that route with the rain and the waterfall, reminds me of the Feebas route in RSE.

add feebas there

Years
  • I am sure this is going to make me sound like an idiot so I am sorry in advance but is that area accessible in one of the current betas?

If you're talking about this area:

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

then no. It'll probably be in the next Beta.

I need some help i've got my second badge and I have Cut but I don't know where I need to go now.

It ends after the second gym.

Notes: This beta ends in Windmist City, after the second Gym battle.

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    Just finished playing through the Beta.

Like I said on RHM, this is one of the hacks that I get inspiration from. <3
    I must admit, there's a lot of trainers in this hack, and a lot of them are forced, there's not even a chance to avoid them. :c

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2015
    Hey so I downloaded the patch and a fire red rom. When I try to click the ips file with the patch it says unable to read file. What should I do? Sorry if someone already mentioned this before

Years
  • I really liked playing this hack...one of the best I've played in years the last one being pokemon glazed and while playing this hack it greatly reminded me of light platimun anyways well done this hack was sure fun to play

Years
  • oooh...
    a grass like Emerald's
    Thanks!
    I don't know how the hell you do it, but damn, this is amazing :*
    I'm really liking that route with the rain and the waterfall, reminds me of the Feebas route in RSE.

add feebas there
    Thanks!
    I am sure this is going to make me sound like an idiot so I am sorry in advance but is that area accessible in one of the current betas?
    Nope! It will be accessible in the next beta, Beta 2.0!
    This hack has so much potential! ill gladly watch over this one :)
    Thank you!
    I need some help i've got my second badge and I have Cut but I don't know where I need to go now.
    That's the end of the beta I'm afraid, although if you haven't already you can go and scour Orbtus for any hidden treats that you can now access with HM01!

Does this also work on emulators for phones?
    It should!

Just finished playing through the Beta.

Like I said on RHM, this is one of the hacks that I get inspiration from. <3
    I must admit, there's a lot of trainers in this hack, and a lot of them are forced, there's not even a chance to avoid them. :c
    This is definitely a legitimate concern, and has been addressed for Beta 2.0 in a variety of ways. For one, the amount of Trainers has been significantly reduced. Quite a few have been made completely optional, too, and the entire level curve has been rebalanced to accommodate to this, too. Unfortunately, this will mean that legacy saves will most likely be very easy in the new Beta, but hopefully this will not excessively hinder the enjoyability for legacy players.

Hey so I downloaded the patch and a fire red rom. When I try to click the ips file with the patch it says unable to read file. What should I do? Sorry if someone already mentioned this before
    Could you be more specific of the problem, please?

I really liked playing this hack...one of the best I've played in years the last one being pokemon glazed and while playing this hack it greatly reminded me of light platimun anyways well done this hack was sure fun to play
    Thank you! Your praise is appreciated! :D

The aforementioned balancing of the level curve brought with it yet another remap (I know, I know). This time, it's of Archan Tunnel! This time around, its not as long to travel through, has wider paths, has more depth, and may have a few more secrets to discover, too!

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

I've also created a Trainer sprite and overworld sprite for Belle, the third Gym Leader. This brings with it a significant event in the story!

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Back