• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2023
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Yaaassss

Mr.Mako

Resident Edgelord Troll
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2023
    Oh so being the awesome supportive youtubeish person i am means I dont get a special thanks I see how it is lol. that said great to see another beta. Now if only it didn't cause me to have to start my run over...

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2021
    I can't find the IPS file in the betq 2 download zip file.Is anyone else facing this problem or am I the only one?

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2017
    Hello, good afternoon. First beautiful work, very good the story and game design, fine working, now I wonder if would not the file format ".ips" because I play on the phone and apply updates directly by the emulator "My boy," so if you happen to have the file in a ".ips" and to post appreciate it! from already thank you and good luck;)

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
    Years
  • Hello, good afternoon. First beautiful work, very good the story and game design, fine working, now I wonder if would not the file format ".ips" because I play on the phone and apply updates directly by the emulator "My boy," so if you happen to have the file in a ".ips" and to post appreciate it! from already thank you and good luck;)

The IPS is what you use to patch a clean GBA rom. The latter is what you use on the emulator, if that's the problem you have. In order to patch a rom, you need LunarIPS.

Years
  • I can't find the IPS file in the betq 2 download zip file.Is anyone else facing this problem or am I the only one?

The IPS is what you use to patch a clean GBA rom. The latter is what you use on the emulator, if that's the problem you have. In order to patch a rom, you need LunarIPS.

You're right, but this ROM uses a .UPS patch. To patch it, you simply use the included NUPS program to apply the patch to your .GBA ROM.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2017

Ah ok, because at the moment I have no access to or expected to get a computer to apply the patch however already packed an application that makes the patch ups. and by the way this patch is to be applied in version 1.0 Firered USA?

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Since there appears to be a full pokedex, will every pokemon be obtainable in some way? I'd imagine that would be a lot for one region, unless you have something else planned.

Years
  • am playing this hack, and i feel the game seems different than the beta 1. i love the up-grade in this beta 2. what i wonder is why there are so many unobtainable pokemon, especially the gen 6 Pokemon? are you planning to add them in the next beta, or you will just keep them unobtainable until the final version? i hope i can get the Pancham, though. lol.
    anyway, beta 2 is absolutely a great hack. thanks for the amazing work!

Years
  • Loving the custom tiles I see here.
    Thanks!

Since there appears to be a full pokedex, will every pokemon be obtainable in some way? I'd imagine that would be a lot for one region, unless you have something else planned.
    At the moment, no, there won't be all 721 available, but I've put in as many Pokémon as I can for variation in places such as the Battle Marsh, and also so that I'm not restricted in adding Pokémon to places where they are very suitable (for example, Goomy in the swampy areas).

am playing this hack, and i feel the game seems different than the beta 1. i love the up-grade in this beta 2. what i wonder is why there are so many unobtainable pokemon, especially the gen 6 Pokemon? are you planning to add them in the next beta, or you will just keep them unobtainable until the final version? i hope i can get the Pancham, though. lol.
    anyway, beta 2 is absolutely a great hack. thanks for the amazing work!
    Thank you! Quite a handful of Gen. 6 Pokémon are indeed available, although I'm not going to ruin the surprise on which exactly! Thanks for your support.

Torterra's sprite is...seriously, what's this?? :DDDD
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Oh my! Thanks for bringing that to my attention. That, along with some other very minor bugs I've noticed, have all been fixed. You can redownload the patch, patch it onto a fresh FireRed ROM, and continue playing with your save on that ROM and it should all be fixed! Sorry about that.

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2016
    I managed to patch the first Beta 2 you uploaded yesterday, but this one, which you uploaded an hour ago, cannot be patched with NUPS. I try to use the same base rom I used yesterday, but it says the files don't match. I patched it anyway, and the whole rom won't even open. Problem with the patch, or what could it be?

Years
  • I managed to patch the first Beta 2 you uploaded yesterday, but this one, which you uploaded an hour ago, cannot be patched with NUPS. I try to use the same base rom I used yesterday, but it says the files don't match. I patched it anyway, and the whole rom won't even open. Problem with the patch, or what could it be?

Hm, I'm not sure why that's happening. Perhaps try redownloading again? It's possible the download corrupted or something.

Edit: Actually, everyone should redownload; I just fixed a game-breaking bug with the Ability Pill.

Last edited:
    Back