• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
  • Thanks!

At the moment, no, there won't be all 721 available, but I've put in as many Pokémon as I can for variation in places such as the Battle Marsh, and also so that I'm not restricted in adding Pokémon to places where they are very suitable (for example, Goomy in the swampy areas).

Thank you! Quite a handful of Gen. 6 Pokémon are indeed available, although I'm not going to ruin the surprise on which exactly! Thanks for your support.

Oh my! Thanks for bringing that to my attention. That, along with some other very minor bugs I've noticed, have all been fixed. You can redownload the patch, patch it onto a fresh FireRed ROM, and continue playing with your save on that ROM and it should all be fixed! Sorry about that.

Spice pls dont kill us for missing this

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2016
    I got the patching to work, it was just somehow a fault with extracting the earlier rom.

The Hidden Grotto near Nemesis Cave is empty, and when you start the battle with the fifth gym leader the screen goes orange and freezes. The music keeps playing, however.

Awesome update anyhow, haven't met any other glitches (if the Grotto thing even is a glitch...). Except, the game sometimes freezes when searching for Pokés in Reliaqua (sp) Ruins tall grass. Has only happened there, and many times. Nothing big with save states either, but figured you should know.

Edit. Oh, Magic Guard doesn't work with Sandstorm and Hail. With Poison it does.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2015
    Doesn't seem to be working for me as well. Beta 1.1 worked just fine on my Android, but can't get this rom to work. Tried the beta 2 and mirror download link. It first says the patch doesn't fit the rom, but I continue anyway. Once on phone, the rom won't start (and it did work for the 1.1 version). Makes me a bit sad, because I was really looking forward to playing this hack.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2019
    Found a game-breaking glitch with the latest version. When you heal your Pokemon at the Nurse in the Battle Marsh, the game freezes!

Dovahkiin639

Third Generation master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2016
    I can't get past the biker in front of the cave on sabulo island even though I have beaten the mighteyena boss. Plz halp ;~;

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • Some bugs I've found.

Spoiler:

I'll let you know when I find more things!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2021
    Synchronizer doesn't seem to work outside of battle.That and the cut trees bug(already menyioned by MrDollSteak) are the only bugs I have come across so far.

It was fun playing beta 2. Thanks a lot for making this hack. Have a good day.

Years
  • I've fixed a handful of bugs, including the game-breaking bug when battling the fifth Gym Leader, so it's well worth you redownloading! Saves are compatible with this fix, just save inside a PC beforehand just in case. Thanks for the support and reports, it's much appreciated!

Edit at 18:51 UTC+1 13/05/2015: And again, lol.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2015
    I've used the Tsukuyomi UPS patcher and got the rom to work now. Gonna start playing now. Thanks for the rom, really liked this one so far!

Years
  • I've fixed a handful of bugs, including the game-breaking bug when battling the fifth Gym Leader, so it's well worth you redownloading! Saves are compatible with this fix, just save inside a PC beforehand just in case. Thanks for the support and reports, it's much appreciated!

Edit at 18:51 UTC+1 13/05/2015: And again, lol.

The number of times I've redownloaded, patched and sent this game to our tablet is too damn high! But, seriously, the games been enjoyable so far, excluding the bugs :P. I got a very good team! Keep it up!

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • Hello just me again!

I made a new post just cause you've already seen and fixed the other one.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

FlameShot

Infinite Flames
    Years
  • Hey I've been playing this and it's really great! But I just found a glitch on sligoo.When goomy evolves into it,instead of level 40,it becomes level 43 plus when you level it up in Valoon Way(or Valoon Town) overworld,the game turns in to a black screen but the music is still playing.

Years
  • The number of times I've redownloaded, patched and sent this game to our tablet is too damn high! But, seriously, the games been enjoyable so far, excluding the bugs :P. I got a very good team! Keep it up!
    Such is the life of constant bug fixes!

Hello just me again!

I made a new post just cause you've already seen and fixed the other one.

Spoiler:
    I've fixed all of these, although the Cable Car bug is mysterious (if you try not to speed-up when warping down it shouldn't bug). I also didn't intend for Play Nice to be available, and from what I can tell you were using a Swirlix? That's the only Pokémon I can find with it in its moveset; either way, I've made a sort of hacky fix in the mean time and removed it from Swirlix and Slurpuff's movesets. If you were using a different Pokémon please tell me, lol.

Hey I've been playing this and it's really great! But I just found a glitch on sligoo.When goomy evolves into it,instead of level 40,it becomes level 43 plus when you level it up in Valoon Way(or Valoon Town) overworld,the game turns in to a black screen but the music is still playing.
    This also has been fixed. Thanks!

The bugs mentioned, along with a few others I've found, have been fixed! You can redownload for these bug fixes now! (Latest update: 12:45 UTC+1 14/05/2015)

Last edited:

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I'm having some trouble starting the game. I patched the FireRed rom with Gaia and tried to play it, but when I open VBA and search for it to open the game, it doesn't show up in the Gaia folder. In fact, none of the files there do. I go into the folder for Gaia and it just says no items match my search. This is the only folder that it does this with. So I tried moving the patched Gaia file to my main Downloads folder and it still didn't show up when I looked for it in VBA. So I moved the patched Gaia file back into the Gaia folder, and double clicked. When it asked what program I wanted to open it in, I went to VBA and a pop up error said the file type is unsupported.

I'm not sure why this is happening. I played the first demo a few months ago and didn't have any problems/errors. I'm not very tech savvy, so I probably made a dumb, easily fixable mistake.
    Your antivirus may be sweeping it up or scrambling it when you're not looking. Its developers are paid nicely for it to do that.

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2015
    Is it possible to evolve eevee into espeon/ umbreon? My eevee should be happy enough now but he's still not changing into either of those two.

nvm: just realized we need sun stone and moon stone for them.

Why can't Torterra learn bullet seed?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2017
    I found a bug. When I hit someone(Goomy) who used Protect with my(Dwebble) Rock Slide, the "Goomy protected itself" message kept looping.

Years
  • Bugs

I was playing this hack and I noticed some bugs. I don't know if anyone else noticed them...
    Spoiler:

Minus a few bugs, I must say, this is a really awesome and original hack. I'm looking forward to the next update. Speaking of which, can you make saves from the current version combatible with the next version? Also, how about including X Sp. Def as a battle item, if it's not too much to ask?

Sorry if I confused anyone :P

Last edited:
    Back