• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
  • I found one minor bug. In Telmurk City, the fat guy in the department store (2nd or 3rd floor? I can't remember), doesn't have any script.

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2016
    Stockpile isn't working. :-(

And Dragon Scale as a hold item heals a Poké when their HP gets low...

Still awesome!

Edit. There's also a graphical glitch with the text in Battle Marsh. Even if you proceed to like, say 30th round, the text always says your next round is 17th. Also, isn't it way too easy to get rich, when you get 2k from Battle Marsh battler each? They let you keep the money you win there. When the currency there is supposed to be Battle Points it's kinda going overboard with the amount of money you get.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2015
    So im not sure if we can use our old saves or not, but that can come later. I cant even patch beta 2 on to a clean firered rom. Every time I try to it says "The patch doesnt match the file" dont really understand what the problem with that is, and I cant use lunar to patch either

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2015
    So im not sure if we can use our old saves or not, but that can come later. I cant even patch beta 2 on to a clean firered rom. Every time I try to it says "The patch doesnt match the file" dont really understand what the problem with that is, and I cant use lunar to patch either

select ignore instead of abort under "if the file is invalid"

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2015
    Alright huge bugs, after the battle with your rival at the Battle Marsh, my monferno evolved into infernape and when I checked on it in my party I had a lv 34 infernape instead of lv 36, also inside of the Battle Marsh when healing with nurse joy pretty much crashes the game.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2015
    Hey, this hack is amazing. The little details make it so special. One little question, where/when will Fletchling be available (if it's not already)? But seriously, if I knew how to hack properly I would go for something exactly like this. Keep it up!

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    My game froze up multiple times in the grass in Reliquia Ruins. Also, I found the cut trees on Celanto path consistently disappeared if i entered a building in Celanto town, then walked back to the spot. In the Telmurk Warehouses, previously opened doors would close if i leave the room, wasn't sure if it was intentional or not. I had a similar bug to Ayoyay's where my Infernape went down two levels after i evolved it. Thought i was just crazy at first, but i guess im not the only one. Brine isn't absorbed by water absorb.

Is rock climb available as of beta 2? Im finished with the story thus far, but i want to go back and find all the hidden items/grottoes. AWESOME hack by the way, cant wait until its finished!

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm having some trouble starting the game. I patched the FireRed rom with Gaia and tried to play it, but when I open VBA and search for it to open the game, it doesn't show up in the Gaia folder. In fact, none of the files there do. I go into the folder for Gaia and it just says no items match my search. This is the only folder that it does this with. So I tried moving the patched Gaia file to my main Downloads folder and it still didn't show up when I looked for it in VBA. So I moved the patched Gaia file back into the Gaia folder, and double clicked. When it asked what program I wanted to open it in, I went to VBA and a pop up error said the file type is unsupported.

I'm not sure why this is happening. I played the first demo a few months ago and didn't have any problems/errors. I'm not very tech savvy, so I probably made a dumb, easily fixable mistake.
    Are you sure you've extracted the files from the .zip folder, and then applied the .ups file with the included NUPS program to a clean FireRed ROM?

Whoa this hack seems interesting nice mapping and cool features will wait for final beta or try beta 2 for a sneak peak xD
    Thanks!

Just wondering, are you planning to have the Move Tutors teach the move infinite amount of times?
    The Shard Tutors can teach as long as you can pay, but the other tutors are not going to be infinite.

Is it possible to evolve eevee into espeon/ umbreon? My eevee should be happy enough now but he's still not changing into either of those two.

nvm: just realized we need sun stone and moon stone for them.

Why can't Torterra learn bullet seed?
    Yes, Eevee evolves with the Sun or Moon Stones into Espeon and Umbron respectively. The Turtwig line can now learn Bullet Seed.

I found a bug. When I hit someone(Goomy) who used Protect with my(Dwebble) Rock Slide, the "Goomy protected itself" message kept looping.

i got the same problem too.. but when i reset the game, and encountered a goomy that used move protect once again, the bug didn't occur.
    I'm not sure what's causing this, sorry.

I was playing this hack and I noticed some bugs. I don't know if anyone else noticed them...
    Spoiler:

Minus a few bugs, I must say, this is a really awesome and original hack. I'm looking forward to the next update. Speaking of which, can you make saves from the current version combatible with the next version? Also, how about including X Sp. Def as a battle item, if it's not too much to ask?

Sorry if I confused anyone :P
    I can't seem to recreate the problem with Sucker Punch. Thank you! I probably won't be including an X Sp. Def but it's not a bad idea. I hope to make future releases compatible with Beta 2 saves, yes.

I found one minor bug. In Telmurk City, the fat guy in the department store (2nd or 3rd floor? I can't remember), doesn't have any script.
    Thanks!

Where do we get rock climb?
    Rock Climb is not available in Beta 2, sorry.

Stockpile isn't working. :-(

And Dragon Scale as a hold item heals a Poké when their HP gets low...

Still awesome!

Edit. There's also a graphical glitch with the text in Battle Marsh. Even if you proceed to like, say 30th round, the text always says your next round is 17th. Also, isn't it way too easy to get rich, when you get 2k from Battle Marsh battler each? They let you keep the money you win there. When the currency there is supposed to be Battle Points it's kinda going overboard with the amount of money you get.
    I haven't tested Stockpile or Dragon Scale yet. I haven't fixed the 17 round thing, but it is definitely a bug. Your point about the money is also valid, but for the moment I'll leave it be.

Does anyone know if and where Heatmor is obtainable?
    It is a rare encounter in Nemesis Cave.

Alright huge bugs, after the battle with your rival at the Battle Marsh, my monferno evolved into infernape and when I checked on it in my party I had a lv 34 infernape instead of lv 36, also inside of the Battle Marsh when healing with nurse joy pretty much crashes the game.
    I've fixed Infernape's exp curve thing, but I can't recreate the Battle Marsh bug.

Great hack i haven't played the newest beta I've played the beta 1.1 and it was fun I liked it I would love 2 paly the completed version whenever it comes out.
    Thanks.

Hey, this hack is amazing. The little details make it so special. One little question, where/when will Fletchling be available (if it's not already)? But seriously, if I knew how to hack properly I would go for something exactly like this. Keep it up!
    Thank you! Fletchling probably won't be available for a while.

Waiting eagerly for an update!
    Thanks!

You can redownload to fix the bugs.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Loving this hack- the small details and custom 4th-6th gen moves definitely make it stand out. Really like the Windmist City theme too (is it custom?).
    When abouts will the move deleter be available ? Need to change cut for Ice beam on Empoleon :P, and I know that the pick up items were changed, but are there plans to change the chance of getting certain items as level increases, or will the chances stay static?

Eagerly waiting for the next release!

A few minor bugs:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    Hello guys some bugs i found!
    1) Right after you go out of the starter town, you go north, there is a cave blocked from trees. First time i passed through there, the trees werent there and i got it.. When i left and i came back the trees were blocking the cave.!
    2) When going into the tunnel(where u fight your rival first time) i kept getting my game restarted.. After some trials, i changed pokemon, went into a random house, and when i tried to go into the tunnel again everything was fine.!

Typhlosionn

Blazing Fury
    Years
  • I wanted to ask a question, I have a Clefairy that I got from the Aerous Tunnel (or whatever it was) but I don't know where the Moon Stone is. Can somebody tell me where the Moon Stone is in this game?

Dionen

deprived of sleep
    Years
  • beta 2?!
    98b39b21ff008afaa5cba1e79fc611b2ddb64b3f44f57e792397c517768f4433.jpg

I'm looking forward to play it, downloading it right now c:

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Finished the BETA 2. All that left for now is grinding for Battle Marsh. I wonder what method you have made for Piloswine to evolve into Mamoswine. Well, problems though:

EWnpWBz.png

Nothing much to say. Well, just set its tile's background byte to 00.

7sm4UC2.png

This guy doesn't say anything.

When I continue the game inside Telmurk Warehouse, when I use the Storage Key or Purple Key. The screen remains black. But after the battle, it returns back to normal but the gate never opened. When I use again, the bug goes on. The bug occurs if you continue the game inside. Out-then-in from the warehouse clearing the bug. I dunno if this occurs to yours.

Years
  • Thank you so much. It's my favorite Pokémon so I can't wait to catch it.
    You're welcome! Glad you're enjoying the hack!

Loving this hack- the small details and custom 4th-6th gen moves definitely make it stand out. Really like the Windmist City theme too (is it custom?).
    When abouts will the move deleter be available ? Need to change cut for Ice beam on Empoleon :P, and I know that the pick up items were changed, but are there plans to change the chance of getting certain items as level increases, or will the chances stay static?

Eagerly waiting for the next release!

A few minor bugs:
    Spoiler:
    Thank you for the feedback! Windmist City's song is indeed a custom song, composed by the ever-amazing giradialkia! The Move Deleter will probably be available in Beta 3, I'm not sure yet. For now, Pickup will remain as it is. I've fixed Excadrill's icon, and I've tried to fix the VS Seeker stuff too although I haven't tested it yet. I haven't done anything with the Pokédex, either, but I'll take note of it. Thanks!

Hello guys some bugs i found!
    1) Right after you go out of the starter town, you go north, there is a cave blocked from trees. First time i passed through there, the trees werent there and i got it.. When i left and i came back the trees were blocking the cave.!
    2) When going into the tunnel(where u fight your rival first time) i kept getting my game restarted.. After some trials, i changed pokemon, went into a random house, and when i tried to go into the tunnel again everything was fine.!
    I've moved the trees on Celanto Path a little to hopefully prevent that. I can't recreate the second bug, unfortunately.

I wanted to ask a question, I have a Clefairy that I got from the Aerous Tunnel (or whatever it was) but I don't know where the Moon Stone is. Can somebody tell me where the Moon Stone is in this game?
    Spoiler: Location of Moon Stones in Beta 2
    There are Moon Stones in Archan Tunnel and the Telmurk Warehouses. Get to using your Itemfinder!

beta 2?!
    98b39b21ff008afaa5cba1e79fc611b2ddb64b3f44f57e792397c517768f4433.jpg

I'm looking forward to play it, downloading it right now c:
    Thanks! I appreciate the enthusiasm!

No, thank YOU! More questions about locations and stuff if you don't mind:
    1.- Where does Eevee evolve into Leafeon?
    2.- Is Pichu/Pikachu avaliable early in the game (or in this beta at all)?

I'm really enjoying this game.
    Spoiler: How to evolve Eevee into Leafeon
    Level up in Cliffside Forest.

I don't think Pikachu is available in this beta, but it will likely be available eventually.

I'm glad you're having fun!

Finished the BETA 2. All that left for now is grinding for Battle Marsh. I wonder what method you have made for Piloswine to evolve into Mamoswine. Well, problems though:

EWnpWBz.png

Nothing much to say. Well, just set its tile's background byte to 00.

7sm4UC2.png

This guy doesn't say anything.

When I continue the game inside Telmurk Warehouse, when I use the Storage Key or Purple Key. The screen remains black. But after the battle, it returns back to normal but the gate never opened. When I use again, the bug goes on. The bug occurs if you continue the game inside. Out-then-in from the warehouse clearing the bug. I dunno if this occurs to yours.
    Piloswine evolves into Mamoswine the same way it does in the official games, by learning AncientPower. I've fixed the first bug, and the second bug was fixed already. I can't recreate the bug in Telmurk Warehouses, unfortunately.

Once again, you can redownload to fix these bugs!

Back