• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Starmytes

Fabulous Fruit
Years
  • Finished up until the 5th gym, where the beta ends. Other than the cave glitch the only other glitch that happened was one when I was surfing. My overworld spirit changed to the male sprite, it fixed itself when I walked into a building though.

My team so far is Prinplup, Roserade, Swoobat, Sylveon, Lairon. Not sure if I want to use Dragonite or Rapidash yet. :) Great game!

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Great hack. Very well thought out. But do you have any idea when the next update will be out? And would I have to start over again when the next beta comes out?

drizzex

Drizzex
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2018
    Hi, can you play the hack on an android phone? you can't run the nups.exe and other nups apps don't work

edit: nevermind, if you the app worked. it created another file, but that was just a copy of fire red. the original fire red rom i downloaded had gaia in it. (hope this helps someone)

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2017
    How can I evolve my Eevee into Leafeon? Unfortunately the Leaf stone doesn't work. Sorry if it was in the readme.txt file. I couldn't open in on my phone.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2024
    How can I evolve my Eevee into Leafeon? Unfortunately the Leaf stone doesn't work. Sorry if it was in the readme.txt file. I couldn't open in on my phone.
    Spoiler: How to get Leafeon
    Hint: Think of how it evolves in the main games, except you can evolve it in the whole area instead of a particular spot

So would I have to start all over for the next update?
    See
    I obviously can't guarantee anything, but hopefully I will be changing far less about Beta 2 when making Beta 3 than I did 1.1 when making Beta 2, if that makes sense, so it's less likely incompatibility will occur.

Flying Turtle

Some Random Ghost
    Years
  • Your hack is really good! I'm playing it and I'm loving it! Just two little questions though: Where can I find a Sun Stone? And is there some way I can teach Dazzling Gleam to one of my Pokémon? (like Move Tutor, TM etc.)

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2015
    You know, I downloaded Version Beta 2.0, and then it only included the "readme.txt", and "LE..exe" thing.
    Where's the patch/rom?

Also, I personally think that having a custom battle sprite is better.
    As in, you know the HP bar?
    It looks stupid if it's the normal FireRed one, so why not change it a bit?
    GBA--Pokemon%20Light%20Platinum_Jun11%2012_10_20.png

Example taken from Pokemon Light Platinum GBA.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Curious, since this is a hack of fire red, how will EV training be done? The EV reducing berries don't exist in FR and EVs are crucial to even normal gameplay, and I don't like th eidea of having to re-breed a whole set of six pokemon (including the original starter at the beginning of the game) to get good stats.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    You know, I downloaded Version Beta 2.0, and then it only included the "readme.txt", and "LE..exe" thing.
    Where's the patch/rom?

The patch (and the patcher as well) is ACTUALLY in the .zip. Having links to the actual rom (.gba) is not allowed. It is one of the rules here in the forums for every members here. So, if you are using phone, you would have to patch through computer (since that the patcher given is for computer usage only).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2017
    This hack is so great.

I noticed that Scraggy gives too much exp, and the price of charcoal is 9800 its shouldn't. And i'm not sure but I remember using Mach-Punch on a Dark type Pokemon and it was not very effective..

Back