• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
  • Pfft, double poster!

Anyways, this is looking great, I really like the palette tweaks everywhere, it makes things more pleasing to look at. I only wonder if you have any plans to go back and redo the intro. I find the default introduction with Oak super painful to play through and you're just spamming "a" right through it. Something nice to fit Gaia's storyline would really add to the awesomeness of this hack.

In my personal rating, I think that this hack is the best or second best in the forum right now (mainly because I'm on the team, but secondarily because it genuinely does look nice). I really hope Achromatic plays this in the near future *elbow, elbow*
    Thank you! I don't really have any plans to redo the intro for now as I feel like when I get to grips with C I'd rather use it for more... important applications, I guess. I won't rule it out, though!

Looking forward for the completion of this hack! Goodluck!
    Thanks.

Whats the combination for the ferre ruins? or atleast a clue :(
    Translate the braille.

why is petal storm look like twister but in mr.Ds patch there is flowers and petals align on twister animation?
    That animation breaks when played with a BIOS file.

This is sure to be the Hack of the Year 2015. XD
    Keep up dude! You're awesome! :D
    Thank you!

where do i find charmander/charmelion/charizard
    and do i get it if i use grass starter and belle gives it to me.

I've tried downloading the files 3 times and each time they're in chinese and my rom patcher can't read the files. I'm not really sure what's going on, so if someone could help me out I'd really appreciate it :) I've included a screenshot above in case it's more helpful.
    I've played previous versions of this game and I'm a big fan, really looking forward to the changes.
    I'm not sure why that is happening, but I'm not really familiar with any of the apps you've mentioned. I'd recommend patching on a computer using NUPS and then transferring the patched .GBA ROM file to your phone, instead.

I have a problem when you go up to level 14 litleo screen stays black

any solution?
    Fixed!

Hello there, I'm currently playing through the game and I'm loving it. However, I just recently caught a Skiddo and is now in the first gym and when my opponent used Cottonee and attacked with Absorb, it did raise my Special Attack, but instead of saying Sap Sipper, it said "Foe's Cottonee Raised its Special Attack using Prankster" or something like that. Maybe you've already gotten a report of a bug like this, if not well I just wanted to report a bug in the game, that's all.
    I'll look into this, thank you.

It would also seem that Aipom has the cry of either Totodile or Croconaw. May want to check up on that.
    Wow I have no idea how that happened. Anyway, fixed!

It's so sick man!!
    I actually really like the "grades" at the stat screen of each Pokemon.
    The sprites of the heroe loos very good too.
    And also Mega evolution, Yeah!
    Thank you!

Plss !! help me where? Do i get mega ring and mega stone's plsss! Help me
    The Mega Ring is obtained when you defeat Successor Belle, in Sabulo Island. Mega Stones can be found in many places, so explore!

Upon talking to the strength rocks in Frostbite Cave the game softlocks. I am using Visual Boy Advance-M MFC which says it was compiled on September 28, 2015.

I'd post a screenshot but lol limitations on posting images.
    Thank you, I've fixed this.

In between the first two towns and taking the north path, you can walk up a ledge, which leads to a cave exit that was intended to be one-way. Felt like a cool secret with some wonderful pokemon selection inside though, so I'll just be sad when it's fixed - I'd rather you just conceal it with a tree or something and leave it. ;)
    Fixed. I'm afraid this won't be a case of bugs becoming features, haha. That part of Archan Tunnel is accessible, though!

there's a error in the move tutor in valoon town (won't teach moves) loving the game so far =)
    Can I have a little more detail, please? What move were you trying to teach which Pokémon? How many Blue Shards did you have at the time?

You can redownload using the same download link. Then, apply the UPS patch a clean FireRed ROM, and replace the Gaia ROM with the new, patched ROM. This fixes all the bugs quoted in this post aside from the battle string Sap Sipper bug, as well as a few I've found on my own, and makes some slight balance fixed. This shouldn't break compatibility with save files, but to be sure, save inside a Pokémon Center before loading the new ROM. Thanks for all the support!

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2016
    Does it has Tyrunt, Amaura, Cranidos, Shieldon, Archen and Carracosta fossils? Anyway amazing hack man!

wilso

Grass Master
    Years
  • Oh sorry um he kinda takes the shards but doesn't teach moves (trying to teach pupitar earthpower/dragon pulse) also I don't think aquatail zen headbutt drainpunch and dark pulse work either

curiters

Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by in
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    i felt like im playing professor layton cause many mystery

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2016
    Plsss! Help me. What? Is the ferre ruin code in the last part of the ruin.some number?? I don't know what? A number is it?? That ferre ruin is in the beach before you go to precimos island. Plss!! Help me..

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2020
    I should add that the Sap Sipper bug only appears to happen against certain opponents, like Cottonee and another Pokémon (can't remember which) but say I just tested this on a new playthrough and chose Turtwig instead and stacked it up against a Skiddo and Sap Sipper activated properly when I used Absorb just to test. Oh and my mistake by the way, it raises Attack, not Special Attack :P

Years
  • Does it has Tyrunt, Amaura, Cranidos, Shieldon, Archen and Carracosta fossils? Anyway amazing hack man!
    Currently no fossils are available, but I do plan for that to change in Beta 3. The fossil Pokémon themselves do appear quite prominently in the teams of the New Elders, however.

Oh sorry um he kinda takes the shards but doesn't teach moves (trying to teach pupitar earthpower/dragon pulse) also I don't think aquatail zen headbutt drainpunch and dark pulse work either
    Ah, my bad. Thak you! I've fixed it, please redownload.

i felt like im playing professor layton cause many mystery
    I'll take that as a compliment, the Layton games are great (and also star a Hers(c)hel!).

i was able to load my previous save on NO$GBA... ive patched a clean rom twice thinking im doing it wrong... is it just me?..
    By previous save, do you mean a save from Beta 2.0 or before? If that's the case, then it will not be compatible with this beta.

after catching marowak when I get out of tunnel screen remains black.
    I cannot replicate this, I'm afraid.

i downloaded the beta 2.5 again but the bugs are still there
    Are you sure you're playing the updated ROM?

Plsss! Help me. What? Is the ferre ruin code in the last part of the ruin.some number?? I don't know what? A number is it?? That ferre ruin is in the beach before you go to precimos island. Plss!! Help me..
    Translate the braille.

*sniff sniff*
    Am I smelling the next "Hack of the year"...?
    Quite the compliment! Thank you.

I should add that the Sap Sipper bug only appears to happen against certain opponents, like Cottonee and another Pokémon (can't remember which) but say I just tested this on a new playthrough and chose Turtwig instead and stacked it up against a Skiddo and Sap Sipper activated properly when I used Absorb just to test. Oh and my mistake by the way, it raises Attack, not Special Attack :P
    Ah, I see. Well, I still have to look into it, but I think I know what is causing it. Thank you!

Bug that I found, whenever Gallade levels up to 30 the game freezes, I tried to use Dawn Stone to lv29 Kirlia and it evolves to Gallade, when it levels up, the game fades to black
    This was already fixed. If you redownload the patch it should not reoccur.

Please redownload to fix the Shard Tutor, as well as a few other changes (movement permission errors, balance issues, and I added a Move Deleter to Nestpine Town). As usual, save in a Pokémon Center to be safe. I've also now included Tsukuyomi UPS in the download file, in case NUPS does not work.

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    help
    with ferres cave.
    Spoiler:

Could you give me a clue.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back