• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
    Congrats on winning Hack of the Year! Beta 2.5 has me hooked.

I have to ask, though. Where is the Slowbronite Mega Stone located? I've been looking for it for a while, and no one seems to have asked this yet.

There is a man in Windmist City that asks to see a Slowpoke, if you show it to him he'll give you the Slowbronite.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    Hey Ice! I honestly love this hack. It's by far my most favorite so far. Everything from the story to the fact that you got Gen 4+ Pokemon to have their cries is amazing! I have a few suggestions:

1) Any chance you could make it so we could re-battle gym leaders (with them having stronger teams)? That way, we can have something to do while waiting for Beta 3.

2) Music importing tutorial? I'd love to know how you got the cries from Gen 4+ into FR. Plus I'd love to make it so that the DP battle theme plays instead of the default theme.

Again, awesome hack and I can't wait until Beta 3!

Years
    Uhhh...Okay, so it MIGHT have to do with natures after all, unless evolution stones are no longer needed in this game.

I decided to train a MALE ralts with modest nature from rejected eggs for an experiment, to see maybe it might be related to natures. Trained him up. Lvl.29. He evolved.

To Gallade.

Without a dawn stone...I do not yet have a dawn stone. I've only gotten the second badge.

??? Weird. I got a link to the screenshot if needed.

https://puu.sh/msnxN/550e67480a.png

https://puu.sh/msnBc/80313861ee.png

I didn't include his movepool because it's pretty a standard one; confusion, drain kiss, magical leaf, and calm mind.
    Thanks for the information; I'll have a deeper look into this soon.

I'm pretty sure the 30% power boost from life orb is not working.
    Is there a way to transform rotom?

This is my favorite hack btw, keep it up
    Life Orb is only a 10% power boost, at any rate, so perhaps that's why you think it isn't working? I haven't checked it myself, though, yet. Rotom can't be transformed at the moment, sorry. Thank you!

Hey guys. First GZ on the prize! I start play yesterday and i already Love it.

Just have a question, can we now catch Riolu?

Thanks
    Riolu cannot be caught as of v2.5.

Can't seem to load past a Kindler on Windmist Summit. I've changed my team around several times, then tried beating the gym and coming back to challenge him (with no success.) My team currently consists of Monferno, Gardevoir, and Snover (30, 30, 24) Gardevoir has Synchronize while Snover has Soundproof. What occurs is I either talk to him or get approached by him and his speech box is completely blank. after mashing the A & B buttons, the battle finally initiates without a problem. That is, until I defeat his Slugma and then I get a blank speech box again. After mashing some more, I receive my money and the battle end but takes me to a never-ending black screen (Where my button mashing finally failed me.) Any ideas?? Possible bug?
    Have you tried redownloading and then exiting the map and re-entering? Even if you have I recommend trying once more,

This ROM is amazing!
    I can't find a way to edit trainers' team...I tried some trainer editors but with no results...how can I do?

Is there an editor that has all new pokemon till number 721?? Most of editors just support gen III games so they have just 386 Pokemon in database.

Also if I want to edit my team, same here, pokegen supports only 386 pokemon!!
    You need to use tools that support expanded Pokémon and expanded moves, and change the relevant pointers. If you don't know how to do that then I'm not really going to help you with that seeing as you're trying to break the game anyway, lol.

Congrats on winning Hack of the Year! Beta 2.5 has me hooked.

I have to ask, though. Where is the Slowbronite Mega Stone located? I've been looking for it for a while, and no one seems to have asked this yet.
    Thank you! You can get Slowbronite by showing the Fisherman in the Windmist Knick-knack Store a Slowpoke.

Hey Ice! I honestly love this hack. It's by far my most favorite so far. Everything from the story to the fact that you got Gen 4+ Pokemon to have their cries is amazing! I have a few suggestions:

1) Any chance you could make it so we could re-battle gym leaders (with them having stronger teams)? That way, we can have something to do while waiting for Beta 3.

2) Music importing tutorial? I'd love to know how you got the cries from Gen 4+ into FR. Plus I'd love to make it so that the DP battle theme plays instead of the default theme.

Again, awesome hack and I can't wait until Beta 3!
    Thank you! I do plan to have rematches with all of the Gym Leaders as some of the postgame content, so it's a way off but definitely planned. I don't think I'm the best qualified to write a music insertion tutorial as I only know the very basics and I only followed the few tutorials that are already out there anyway. Sorry I'm not much help. Thanks for playing!

How to evolve Pumpkaboo??
    The new evolution methods are included in the README, please read there before posting in the future. Pumpkaboo evolve at level 28.

Please redownload!

I've improved the reflections that appear in the murky water in the swamp and Telmurk Warehouses by adding a check to the amazing hack by Navenatox. I've also improved the rival's overworld sprites a tad and made a few small changes (the Sharpedonite in Aerous City was in a Poké Ball instead of being the sparkles overworld, and the Rocker Trainers had the wrong battle sprite).

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
    Life Orb is only a 10% power boost, at any rate, so perhaps that's why you think it isn't working? I haven't checked it myself, though, yet. Rotom can't be transformed at the moment, sorry. Thank you!

Actually Life Orb is supposed to be a 30% boost! The 10% is the damage to yourself. Perhaps that may be why its not doing as much damaged!

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2019
    Hi,

I have been trying to download and play it on my android using MyBoy.
    I patched a clean Fire Red Rom with the game using a ROM patcher app however the game is unable to start. Just a white screen. Any recommendations on how to fix this ?

Phantom Phoenix

Lost on the road of life
    Years
    • Age 27
    • ???
    • Seen Jul 1, 2020
    Hi,

I have been trying to download and play it on my android using MyBoy.
    I patched a clean Fire Red Rom with the game using a ROM patcher app however the game is unable to start. Just a white screen. Any recommendations on how to fix this ?

search for ( 1636 - Pokemon - Fire Red Version (U) in google and then patch in it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2021
    Is there any way to get Blastoise, Charizard and their Mega Stones even if I chose Chimchar for a starter?

Years
    Actually Life Orb is supposed to be a 30% boost! The 10% is the damage to yourself. Perhaps that may be why its not doing as much damaged!
    Oh, right. I don't think I implemented it to be 10% boost though, that was just a memory slip; I'll have to look into it.

Is there any way to get Blastoise, Charizard and their Mega Stones even if I chose Chimchar for a starter?
    Not in the current version, no. Eventually you'll be able to get them all, though (as well as Charizite X).

Turns out the bugfix I released yesterday didn't actually change the Sharpedonite, so that's been fixed. I've also spotted a few tree shading errors and inserted overworlds and battle sprites for the Rancher, Cowgirl, Belle & Pa Trainer classes, as well as new battle sprites for Akuto and the Burglar Trainer class (although you can't fight any Ranchers, Cowgirls, Belle & Pas or Burglars yet, they will be in v3).

You can redownload here!

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2016
    Right now my PC is nOt working, so i cannot patch the rom....is there anyway in which i can obtain the .GBA file.....if nkt, ill just wait until its fixed....BEST HACK I HAVE EVER PLAYED....

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2021
    Not in the current version, no. Eventually you'll be able to get them all, though (as well as Charizite X).
    Thanks for the answer, looking forward to get Charizite X in the final version! :D Generally this hack is great, hope it will be finished someday!

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    2 questions:

1) Can someone tell me where ALL the mega stones are? (I only have charizite Y, heracrorite, beedrillite, pedgiotite and altarionite | I also know how to get venesaurite, blastoisite and slowbronite)

2) The 2.5 demo ends as soon as you beat precimos the gym, right?

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Spherical ice Do you have any idea on when the next version is coming out i love this damn game :D

Late 2016. Worst case in scenario, 2017, around January-February.

2 questions:

1) Can someone tell me where ALL the mega stones are? (I only have charizite Y, heracrorite, beedrillite, pedgiotite and altarionite | I also know how to get venesaurite, blastoisite and slowbronite)

2) The 2.5 demo ends as soon as you beat precimos the gym, right?

1. Just look around to find the other mega stones with the exception of Scizorite and Pinsirite in the Bug Catching Contest 1st place prize.
    2. 2.5 ends at Precimos Island/6th gym badge.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2019
    Is it alright to ask if anyone has tried using AR/GS or Code Breaker codes specifically for Gaia ?

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2016
    I did use codebreak codes and they are working, but for some unknown reason they work better on the pc emulator ;).

Ps. I found a bug with rayquaza (at least my codebreak one) the sprites half of the battles show, the other half no, like 1-0-1-0-1-0 in this sequence

Back