• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
    • TR
    • Seen Aug 4, 2023
    Hello everyone!
    First of all, thank you Spherical Ice! Gaia is one of the best (if not the best) hack game I've ever played.
    -I want to report a bug, if it's not yet been adressed. I caught a Sawsbuck just at the first waterfall on the way to the Pokémon League, at the Pokédex information screen after catching, it shown a complete Raticate info and reverted back to a Sawsbuck in the "Sent to the pc box" screen.

-Also I have a question. I'm kind of a completionist in gaming. Can somebody tell me how many waterfalls are there to explore in Orbtus and their locations? I've never used HM Waterfall untill this point where I'm headed to the Pokémon League. I want to finish off exploring first.

Porto

Survivor
    Years
  • I know it's just a matter of personal preference but I don't like the color the HP boxes have in battles: brown.

Pokémon Gaia Version

The whole game is modestly colored and has a coherent palette and I feel that the brown just really falls out of place. The brown color doesn't work well with all backgrounds and has an nonprofessional feel. Something along the lines of gray, white or even just the default seems better to me.
    An example of a custom HP box that's done better in my opinion is Pokemon Adventure Red Chapter (although it's a bit large):

Pokémon Gaia Version

Maybe it's just a temporary color used only in the beta or it's supposed to reflect the color of the earth but I hope to see it changed in a future update.

EDIT: I'd like to add that the Pokémon menu also has an odd palette, or confusing anyway. The brown/red color healthy Pokémon have gives me the impression that they've fainted, and the grey color fainted Pokémon have gives me the impression that they're healthy.
    This may be due to the palette vanilla FireRed uses to indicate status:

FireRed (not my screenshot)
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Gaia
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Last edited:

Porto

Survivor
    Years
  • I liked the colors because it makes the game feel very different from most other romhacks.

I'm not saying it should match other romhacks, I like the aspect that different colors make the game feel different. I'm just saying that the current changes aren't as polished and professional-looking as the rest of the game.

Years
    • Seen today
    @Porto

There really is nothing wrong with those battle bars...
    Those battle bars used in Adventures Red you mentioned would feel more out of place than these brown ones...

Porto

Survivor
    Years
  • It's just something I don't like. I'm glad you like the color dirt brown. Like I said before, I'm not saying it should match other romhacks, so I'm not saying it should adopt the battle bars Adventure Red is using; I'm just saying that the current changes aren't as polished and professional-looking as the rest of the game. Adventure Red was just an example of a hack that did capture the spirit of the battle bars: a floating menu that's just giving info about the battling Pokémon, not part of the background. Ocher colors with green or blue just tend to blend.
    Using ocher colors for the Pokémon menus is fine of course, but a dark beige fill with a vermillion outline just gives me the impression that that Pokémon is fainted due to color psychology. And it's because the body of the box is just a one-color fill instead of a gradient like FireRed is using, that it appears a bit boring to me. All this combined just doesn't feel professional.

Maybe some people would call all this nitpicking, but I'm not trying to find and focus on flaws in this hack, I just want it to be as perfect as possible since I like the rest of it so much. The palette just doesn't feel like one a professional video game developer would pick while the rest of the game does feel like it's been made by a professional video game developer.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I think I ran into a bug.... when I got the HM01 Cut from Fernando's gramps I believe that is when I get the TM case...

Problem is, it does not show up in my bag and so I cannot access Cut to progress in the game. Do I have to reload a previous save and try again? Any help is appreciated.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2022
    Just to note, i noticed weather effects are not updated to the latest gens. They still last indefinitely.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2022
    Maybe this is slightly off topic but I let my friend play this game. He said, "This is simply the most fantastic Pokemon game I have ever played." I think this really shows that Gaia is indeed one of the best fan-made games ever released.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2019
    This game seems to support fire red cheats but the infinite items cheats spawn in my TM case instead of the PC, and the game crashes. Is there a fix for that?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    @AshKatchum90sKid

As is the rule with every romhack, use cheats at your own risk. If something like this happens it's due to the differences between the original Fire Red Rom and the romhack. Only solution is to not cheat.

Year7Class1

Land Snail
    Years
  • I have a problem with the learnset. A lot of water type Pokémons who are supposed to learn dive through HM can't learn dive (like Lumineon and Clauncher). They can learn dive in OR/AS why not here?

Years
  • This game is awesome. The story is fresh and the dialogues are very well written in a natural and clever way. Although the GYMs challenge could be done better, it feels like playing an official Pokémon game with great writing and characters.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2019
    Help. I just defeated Marina. and she said to see in Atsail Laboratory but when I went there, she's not there. Kinda stuck in here.

Back