• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
Warning: big picture

Spoiler:

I've had this purse as long as I can remember and it's worn, frayed, and dirty but Pikachu stays.

put that away its a weapon of mass destruction

It's pretty cute looking though. It still doesn't change that I'm a fan of Pikachu. >_>

Last edited:

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I remember I saw a backpack that looked like a Bulbasaur's bud, and the guy was wearing Bulbasaur clothes and Mask. It was quite interesting to see, actually. Cosplay is awesome when it comes to Pokémon, because Pokémon don't always look like humans and it's interesting to see the designs they come up with.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Haha thanks! It's so old that there aren't pictures of it online anymore that I can find. It's annoying as a purse though because it's a deep bucket bag and I have to dig through it for everything.

Years
  • Age 34
  • they/them
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Haha thanks! It's so old that there aren't pictures of it online anymore that I can find. It's annoying as a purse though because it's a deep bucket bag and I have to dig through it for everything.
You should make compartments by sewing in some extra fabric 8)

I don't think I own a single piece of pokémon merchandise apart from a few gameboy games. But then again, I'm not really the person to collect stuff of any kind :p Except clothes, maybe. And books. But no pokémon clothes. I should totally get myself something like this though:

Spoiler:

Or, like, something pretty subtle and see if people realize what it is. If they do, you can nod and feel that connection that only people who know pokémon can have~ Like:

Spoiler:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
You should make compartments by sewing in some extra fabric 8)

It's cute how you assume I can sew...anything. I tried to sew a pocket in my jacket once and it just fell apart. I can't sew for anything, haha.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've had a few Pokémon-themed t-shirts before, but never backpacks, purses, or anything like that. :( Might've ran into a few in the past, but have no idea why I haven't bought them.

Years
Warning: big picture

Spoiler:

I've had this purse as long as I can remember and it's worn, frayed, and dirty but Pikachu stays.
If I were a girl, I'd definitely love rocking a Pikachu purse like that. Though, I have seen Pokemon laptop bags (like this one) that are pretty nice- maybe if I ever need one I'll pick up something like that.

Or, like, something pretty subtle and see if people realize what it is. If they do, you can nod and feel that connection that only people who know pokémon can have~ Like:

Spoiler:
I've got this shirt that's pretty subtle, but instanly recognizable to Pokemon fans. I've had a few compliments on it in the past, which is always nice.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I looked for a Pokemon backpack when I needed a new one but I forget that all the merchandise is in kid's sizes.

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
Years
Hi there everyone. Pleasured to be here.

Also, I don't own anything related to Pokemon. Sad face. I used to wear a Gengar hat and Charmeleon necklace when I was a kid. I was rocking the Pokegear. :T

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Even if there were bigger Pokémon backpacks, some people wouldn't be able to buy one if they wanted, due to being afraid of being judged and whatnot. If it were Japan, though, then I don't think it should be a huge issue, but anywhere outside of that… yeah. d:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I mean...I would have bought one. But I have no shame.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
If they had pokemon backpacks that you could fit more than a spiral notebook in I would definitely get one. It'd also be neat if they had pokemon duffle bags, even if all they had were pokemon that people hate like Zigzagoon I would buy it instantly and use it always. Who cares about social stigma, just make yourself awesome.

I also have some dogtags.
Spoiler:

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I also have some dogtags.
Spoiler:

It would be cute if you had a collar tag for your dog that says Glameow, really.

I really see how a backpack modelled after a Pokémon would look cute but all the same it might look silly as well. Perhaps something like a Ditto backpack would work!

Years
It's fairly hard to find many Pokémon things you can wear here that isn't from Hot Topic, or Toys R Us (which is fairly expensive) I'd love to have a notched ear Pichu backpack if I could ever find one

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I guess Pokémon media isn't popularised enough to have custom stuff available in most stores. And like you said, Hot Topic and Toys R Us are also marked at high price tags, so for the casual shopper I don't think he/she would fancy such things.

Years
  • Age 36
  • ?
  • Seen Jan 16, 2016
Agreed. I just try to find reasonable things on Amazon for my Pokémon fix. Sometimes you can find some of the older stuff in good condition at a reasonable price

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
If you want a good backpack you'll have to shell out though. The one I have is excellent but it sells for 60 bucks. I was lucky that I got it for 35 on sale. Not Pokemon though.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
I use this backpack for the most part. My boyfriend bought it for me for my birthday and it was handmade by an online cosplayer. I love it lots and am REALLY anal about it getting dirty. I always have to touch it when my hands are 100% clean. No smells, no crumbs, no grease. I love it too much. <3

It's really light and pretty sturdy for it being handmade. I don't carry a lot around with me anyways so I don't need it to carry heavy things.

It's Ayu's backpack from Kanon!

331748.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back