• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 34
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Completely unrelated to anything - I just noticed that Brendino's avatar caterpie has a yellow nose while the sprite in his signature has a green nose. Either, it's just a differently colored caterpie in the anime, or they changed its design a bit?

Kind of like they did with Jynx ^^ It used to be black but they made it purple later.

tumblr_m64jdmu8XC1r9z7cgo2_250.png

season9_ep23_ss4.jpg

Last edited:
    Years
  • Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers said:
    Completely unrelated to anything - I just noticed that Brendino's avatar caterpie has a yellow nose while the sprite in his signature has a green nose. Either, it's just a differently colored caterpie in the anime, or they changed its design a bit?

Kind of like they did with Jynx ^^ It used to be black but they made it purple later.
    Haha, I never would've noticed that. It looks like it was just a mistake made by the folks working on the anime, as any time a Caterpie showed up prior to Hoenn, it had the wrong colored nose, and a light colored antenna. In it's most recent appearance in the anime, its nose was back to the right color, but its antenna was still a little bit lighter than its official art.

There have been a few other coloring errors throughout the anime as well, especially early on (although, there was an instance in Hoenn where they messed up a couple of Pokemon at once), but I don't Caterpie had a deliberate color change like Jynx, it was just an honest mistake.

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I've seen a lot of minor color errors of Pokémon in the anime. It can't really be helped, I think.

Years
    • Age 34
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Brendino you have broken links ;; I wanted to see, haha.

Also, I'd like to say hello with new mod glasses on. Doesn't mean I'm suddenly owning and deciding everything. What it means is that activities and improvements might finally take place!

Please work together with me to make PG a lively place and throw suggestions my way if you think you have an idea for Pokémon General, Pokémon Manga/Comics or Pokémon Voting Polls!

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • Brendino you have broken links ;; I wanted to see, haha.

Also, I'd like to say hello with new mod glasses on. Doesn't mean I'm suddenly owning and deciding everything. What it means is that activities and improvements might finally take place!

Please work together with me to make PG a lively place and throw suggestions my way if you think you have an idea for Pokémon General, Pokémon Manga/Comics or Pokémon Voting Polls!

CONGRATS, BRUH! It's nice to know that I talked to you extensively here on the Daily C-C before you became a head-honcho. :3

I SAW YOU EVOLVE!

Years
    • Age 34
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Totally, bro!

Hey, give feedback on the splash banner I just made for PG. I can't make it more advanced than that without enlisting my pair for help :p But I also don't think it needs to be more fancy than that. Do you?

Years
  • Brendino you have broken links ;; I wanted to see, haha.

O_O Don't know what happened, but they should be working now.

And congratulations on being named back on to the staff! Too bad that means we'll be missing one more person from the supporter collab, though. Oh well, I'm sure it's a fair trade off, haha.

Years
  • I know we may not be talking about Pokemon right now but congrats on becoming a mod again, Rika! Can't wait to see what new improvements you make to the section, and nice pic of Sapphire on the forum splash as well!

But yeah, congrats gurl and I do hope you last longer this time.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    The forum splash is fantastic as it is imo :> needs more brock tho

Years
    • Age 34
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    And congratulations on being named back on to the staff! Too bad that means we'll be missing one more person from the supporter collab, though. Oh well, I'm sure it's a fair trade off, haha.
    This post is so funny now. Right back at ya, partner!

We'll be creating a much needed rules thread for PG. So, dear regulars, is there something in particular you think should be in the rules? Something that you have noticed might be good to put there that may not be obvious at a first thought.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Emphasize the difference between Pokémon General, Pokémon Gaming Central and Pokémon Voting Polls since there's always a huge question mark between those forums. Aside from that, I think the current rules are fine as they are :3

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Emphasize the difference between Pokémon General, Pokémon Gaming Central and Pokémon Voting Polls since there's always a huge question mark between those forums. Aside from that, I think the current rules are fine as they are :3
    Pokemon General and Pokemon Gaming Central are both for the disucssion of Pokemon. However, Pokemon Gaming Central is for the disucssion of the Pokemon Games and the Pokemon within them (with relation) to aspects of the games such as their storyline, characters, locations etc. Pokemon General is for the discussion of Pokemon in well...general. Thoughts on appearance, moves, concepts etc. Pokemon Voting Polls is for polls comparing and contrasting Pokemon. These types of threads don't usually generate as much discussion and garner more yes/no/maybe/one sentence responses.

(That's my overview on the differentiation of the three anyway, haha.)

Years
  • This post is so funny now. Right back at ya, partner!

We'll be creating a much needed rules thread for PG. So, dear regulars, is there something in particular you think should be in the rules? Something that you have noticed might be good to put there that may not be obvious at a first thought.
    Haha, can honestly say I was clueless about what was going to happen when I said that. Fair trade off indeed.

And we're both open ears for making sure our three sections stay as active and fun as they can possibly be. If any of you have any ideas, don't hesitate to leave your thoughts here or shoot one of us a message. We'd love to hear what you think!

Years
    • Age 34
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Emphasize the difference between Pokémon General, Pokémon Gaming Central and Pokémon Voting Polls since there's always a huge question mark between those forums. Aside from that, I think the current rules are fine as they are :3
    Well, we did put into the rules to double check both if the thread would fit better in PGC and in PVP so I hope that'll help some. If PGC threads keep being made here, we've got to emphasize that more, yeah. Thanks for the thought!

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Well, we did put into the rules to double check both if the thread would fit better in PGC and in PVP so I hope that'll help some. If PGC threads keep being made here, we've got to emphasize that more, yeah. Thanks for the thought!

I did see that, haha. It has been quite a problem in the past though, even with the various guidelines given in PGen and PGC (which had a different name back then, I forgot what it was lol).

Years
    • Age 34
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    It was probably called "Pokémon General Gaming", which was very close to Pokémon General. Or something along those lines.

Pokémon Gaming Central is further away and better. Hopefully it'll be clearer now.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I'll say, I quite like the image in the forum splash. Realistic looking pictures of Pokémon usually irks me but this one doesn't. I don't know why XD

Years
    • Age 34
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Glad you like it then! I downright love it. Unfortunately, I wasn't thinking enough when I picked the image, so I'll probably change it one more time to avoid the artist becoming upset. It's a whole set, see, which the artist sells. Hopefully the splash banners won't be changing super often further into the future but a little fresh change now and then isn't bad, is it?

In other news - the mod duo has been thinking about some events to bring up in PG, PVP and PMC. How does "Who's that pokémon?" and "Manga Caption Contest" and flashy, inspiring emblems for active regulars sound in your ears? ;)

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I probably won't be able to participate in those events if they're held anytime these next few months (i'm playing life in medium difficulty rn and it'll take me a while to get a hold of it :<) however they do sound great! There was a WTP back in PT I believe, or is it still on going? Will it be similar to that one or will it have a different PGen flare added to it?

Years
    • Age 34
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Playing life on medium ;; I'd send you some cheat codes if I could, but for now a nice gif of happy pokémon will have to do.

tumblr_m7wy4imDNg1qag1y4.gif

Also, we're still looking into how it would be done. If there's no way to distinguish it well enough from the PT one, there are other things we can do. But for instance, they have images. We could have ridiculously difficult written clues instead. And also maybe not allowing for spamming in the thread ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back