• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General DCC

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2015
    Not really , Emboar flame extend to his back So he is can launch himself forward .
    Trust me , I have seen Anime character flying simply by setting their hand on Fire (Hello Tsuna) So Emboar using his flame to fly its not impossible.

emboar is a 300 pound fire pig, but because it has fire it can FLY????

dude if this is your logic then every fire Pokemon should get fly, even stuff like Magcargo

bad idea

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    My Pokemon activities have gone to a minimum at the moment. It's mainly just Showdown stuff and watching some videos. Finishing the Pokedex in OR basically ended my interest in playing any of the main series games for the next couple months at least.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I've been playing through Black 2 at my very slow pace, and I'm still working on a fan-game, that is due for release in 2020. I also started a pokemon art competition here that is being ignored :'(

Years
  • Right now I'm trying to finish OR but I sorta lost motivation to play it at Mauville City due to the fact that I was playing a bunch of rom hacks that that time and that I'd just finished Pokemon Y right before playing OR, so it kinda just killed me. However, I'll start back up once one of those breakthroughs, that everyone's probably gotten, comes and kicks me in the face.

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2016
    stop it my gengar ate my arm should i use water gun (spit on it) or my dragon pluse (breath of death)

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Pokemon in Ancient World were probably weak since Tyrantram was invincible back then!
    After all ,Tyrantrum has the worst movepool and low speed.
    Whoever in charge of Tytrantram movepool was an idot because Its a Dragon type yet it can't learn Flamethrower But it can learn Horn drill.
    How Can Tytrantrum learn Horn Drill ? Its doesn't even have a Horn to drill!
    Not to mention , Its small & puny compare to Real T-rex ! Other media and Anime has much larger T-rex.

emboar is a 300 pound fire pig, but because it has fire it can FLY????

dude if this is your logic then every fire Pokemon should get fly, even stuff like Magcargo

bad idea

Space Rocket are heavier then Emboar. Also Anime=/=Game !
    For example : Ghost pokemon can fly since they are Ghost , Psychic Pokemon can defy gravity by using their Psychic Pokemon.
    So , A Pokemon who's body is cover in flame should also to fly using their flame like Heatblast (Ben 10).

Last edited:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • So i was watching a couple of vids of people playing through the game and uploading their Elite 4 + Champion Battles and i noticed that majority of the videos I saw basically:

- All played on Switch so they could easily switch into a counter and easily take out the next Pokemon
    - brag about their achievement through their commentary and shit (OMG I BEAT CYNTHIA, 2EZMLGSWAGYOLO)

So naturally, I commented on how skrub they were for playing on Switch and saying as if they made it all 2EZ4ME and i told them that Switch is basically for Scrubs who reduce much of the fun on themselves. And because i tend to make people angry by calling them scrubs, someone commented that i should record my own videos of me battling the E4 + Champions ON SET on every game. Challenge Accepted. Hell, I even told them that I'll record EVERY Elite 4 + Champion battle in every generation ON SET and show why playing on SET is a different ball game altogether.

Elite 4 and Champion Battles should really be always on Set, and it should be a feature in the games. Thank lord for the Romhackers and the fan game makers for having such.

#SwitchplayersAreTrash #Doublelift #MadlifeisGod
    #FairyTypeOPBetterNerfDiancie

On other regards:
    "I simply do not play ingame, there's no way I would have even known it was in a dream ball since it doesn't tell you" - Competitive Battlers in the VGC. Ray Rizzo's beautiful reply regarding 2 year old accusations of his hacked Aegislash.

CUMCompetitive Battlers folks. They know so much knowledge on Player vs Player battling than they forgot what Pokeball animations looked like. gee, if I entered VGS with my Luxury Ball raised Pokes from Ruby, would I get slammed for hacking as well?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Someone in the thread I just made in PCG already commented on the Shift battle style. I use that in normal playthroughs, but save the Set battle style for challenges (except Wedlockes). If i'm trying to get through the game quick then difficulty doesn't matter as much, but if I want to do a challenge for it then I do try to make my strategies interesting some of the time.

Years
  • I never use Set mode, ever. It's pretty much been my playing standard since my very first game which was Ruby. Besides, I don't want to risk taking a hit while switching in for fear that the opponent will do something sneaky and mess with me.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yeah, I've been playing with Shift way too much. Should try Set for more of a challenge. I guess I enjoy playing through easy games though :3

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've tried Set mode a couple of times before, with latest being in Pokémon Ruby, if I remember right. Although it was sort of... less time-consuming, I suppose, it still seemed to have taken away fun of having freedom when it came to choosing party members and whatnot while battling, which is something I didn't want to give up. Due to that, I wound up switching back.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    The main reason I play with shift instead of set is because you have to change the options, and I always forget that when I'm playing. My old play style also would've been even less viable if I used set. It's not smart to remove pokemon from your party once they're fully evolved.

Years
  • I don't use "Set" mode because I feel as though that's a huge waste of time. If I'm not trying to challenge myself and I have "Set" on all that means is that when my opponent switches to their next Pokemon chances are I'm gonna have to switch to a Pokemon more suitable to the switch-in and doing that for every battle is just time consuming.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I feel like our MLP thing stunted the creation of new threads in PGen for a while xD I'm itching for new threads to post in. But it's hard to just create threads just for the sake of posting in, and a bit weird too. I like better to actually be pondering some pokémon related thing and make a thread about it before it slips my mind.

Years
  • I feel like our MLP thing stunted the creation of new threads in PGen for a while xD I'm itching for new threads to post in. But it's hard to just create threads just for the sake of posting in, and a bit weird too. I like better to actually be pondering some pokémon related thing and make a thread about it before it slips my mind.

I've been suffering a bit of poster's block here in this section as well. Trust me, it's been a real struggle when you can't find a good thread to post in, let alone a Pokemon-based one.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    You konw the saying "It's easy to blame others, but it's hard to blame yourself", don't you?

My interest in Pokemon has sadly declined to a minimum at the moment. There's really not much besides some random Youtube videos and a couple of battles once in a while. Aside from that, I feel like needing a little bit of a change of formula. You know, doing something that's not neccessarily Pokemon related...

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I go in and out of being really into Pokemon. Right now I'm on the out, but I know it will come back again eventually

Years
  • ^ I've been the exact same way for the past 2 or 3 years, and I'm definitely on the down swing right now. I'll never stop liking Pokemon completely, but there are times where I can't even be bothered to touch my games, and I won't even look around for Pokemon news and stuff like I regularly would. And it always seems to happen right when I'm in the middle of a game- for instance, it took me close to a year to finish Y because of the breaks I took, and I just recently stopped playing Alpha Sapphire after getting my 6th badge.

I'm sure in a month or two though, I'll be back into Pokemon full swing, and wonder why I stopped playing it.

Years
  • It took me over a month to get to my second playthrough of ORAS, and even in April I still have not even 70 hours logged on my main copy. A year ago I used to be quite into breeding, but since the Friend Safari doesn't exist in ORAS I don't have a bunch of 31 IV'd stuff, which has made me not quite in the mood for breeding.

But this is why I play challenges, to try to find fun ways to play the games. (=

Back