• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon General Poll #24 - Favorite Type

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2012
    Ground and rock. They're strong on defense, but easier to raise and more common than steel, and learn some devastating attacks later on. I also like their strength against fire and flying, types which I find to be overused.

I have literally never played through any pokemon game without a geodude in my party. Never.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    My favorite type is Fight Type. It's just always the best. Classic beat down with a lot of the best and scariest moves, as well as some of the best pokemon.

I'd be crazy not to run at least one Fight type in every team I build.

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    My favorite types are bug, poison, ghost and ice. If I had to pick just one I think I would go with poison since it has the most of my favorite pokemon in it.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I don't prefer one over the other. I like pretty much four types Fire, Ground, Steel, and Dark.

Fire - Partly due to starters I like this typing, I think I have choose Fire type on my first run every generation outside of Gen IV, I love their move pool and designs. I also like the newer Fire pokes introduced in Gen V Volcarona is absolutely amazing in battle and design, I love the entire Litwick like, Victini <3, then last generation Magmortar looked awesome and was quite usefully(preferred to use Mags over Infernape tbh), Heatran is awesome sauce it has some many resistances, great move pool, just good stuff.

Ground - I know Ash has an affinity for Ground types and I don't blame him, I absolutely love them. There are so many beasts among them like Garchomp and Excadrill whom are both Ubers.I generally like the designs of them as well. And my favorite or close to favorite Legend Groudon is as the name implies Ground.

Steel - OMG Steven Stone is such a boss. Some of them are hit and miss put most of them for me are hit. Like I said earlier I started every generation with a Fire type until Empoleon came about, to me it look so sleek and classy at the same time. It has a good deal of resistances, love the Water/Steel dual type.

Dark - Like with Steel there are some hits and misses here but mostly hits. It does have my favorite Pseudo Legendary in Tyranitar as well as another awesome Pseudo Legendary in Hydregion. Also has my favorite Eeveelution in Umbreon. Zoroark and Bisharp awesome looking pokes.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    After lots and lots of thinking, I would have to say it's a tie between Steel and Bug types. There aren't a whole lot of pure Steel-types, so most Pokémon of that type are actually dual-types. It makes for some interesting combinations, and with Steel's many resistances, makes for some pretty solid Pokémon. Aaaand most Bug-types are cute ok. And kind of badass too since ~somehow~ Psychic Pokémon are weak against them.

Years
  • My favorite would be Ghost because of their attacks and also their designs, I always have a Ghost type in my party whatever Generation it is.
    Second would be Ice or Psychic because of the same reasons

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
  • My favorite type is flying. Almost all my favorite Pokemon belong to flying types, and I never noticed that until earlier this year. It's such a wonderful type! They usually arent very versatile, but I think they have great designs, and can be very strong. My second favorite type is Dragon though. Dragons can learn almost every type of move, and are amazingly strong. I love dragon types and flying types. But I love flying types about 5% more! ;D

DexHolderBlue

The Sneaky Thief
    Years
  • It's really hard for me to decide between Dragon, Water, and Electric, but since I have to choose, I'll go with Dragon. I think maybe it has to do with the designs of Dragon type pokemon; specifically Dragonair I find to be very pretty and elegant-looking, yet with an air of power. Then there are the ones that just look downright awesome, like Haxorus. And it's pretty cool that both Flygon and Altaria are part Dragon; I love them both.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • DragonIC_Big.png

GhostIC_Big.png

It's one of those. :3 I like Dragons for their elegance and versatility. I like Ghosts for their mysticism and evilness and because they look cool. I like both for their rarity, power, and type matchups. Being weak to your own type is badass.
    I also just happen to like most Pokémon that turn out to be those types.

Ground used to be my favourite type because it is amazing offensively, but Dragonite and Gengar have since changed my mind. <3

JordanD

Mark danced crazy
    Years
  • Easy...bugs mainly cause for one you never see them used online(except volcarna and scizor) and their actulay really good and two i became the final E4 on my main server on PO as a bug user :P

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    IcEAHwAzWI201E63TYAAAAASUVORK5CYII=
    &
    qGDKEB4gAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Both are equally my favorite types. I love their designs, stats, movesets! I'm much more of a cute pokemon fan! :'x

shinysweety

In it to win it! :D
    Years
  • Many of my fave pokemon are Electric like Pichu, Pikachu, Emolga, Mareep, Flaffy, Ampharose, Pachirisu, Raichu and Jolteon, so i think i will go for electric.

But then again there are many water pokemon i like, such as the adorable Mudkip, Squirtle, milotic, goldeen and seeking, lantern, clampearl and more. So both i guess.

WATER AND ELECTRIC.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    DragonIC_Big.png

I just love them. They're usually strong, and they're pretty good in a battle. Many of my favorites are dragon types or resemble dragons.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • I've always have a liking on Ice types. Aside from being cool, they only can destroy nasty dragon types easily like paper. Ice types are mostly fragile but very exceptional special attackers, glass cannons as they say.

Back