• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Genesis Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    Umm... I don't if it is okay or not...

But some people are getting annoyed by the questions getting spilled

all over the Genesis thread, so I am going to post the help thread WHICH IS only to questions which is referred to Pokémon Genesis.

Rules:

If people are really stuck (Which is like, no matter how many times you try to explain, they are still stuck), you might as well post a screenshot on each step to get to somewhere.

That is all. Hope you really look at the help thread in here instead of asking questions in the thread.

P.S And can people just call me Prince? I feel more comfortable if you did this.

Last edited:
    Years
    I have a question, is it possible to get a Moon Stone in this hack? I haven´t found any until now, and I need it to evolve one of my pokemon...

Dratii

Working on something new...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Is there a HM flash if so does any one know where it is?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I thought I remember dshayabusa say to you that he would make his own help thread for Genesis. :\

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
    I'm just curious about if anyone else has run into this...
    After beating the 2nd gym, and going south to leave the city, I can go down and see the pokeball with the Cut HM inside, but I'm having a problem with the fact that my rival is in the way. If I try to battle him, the screen goes black, though the battle music continues to play.

I've tried re-patching, re-downloading the patch, as well as using a different rom, but the same problem keeps happening. (I did delete my old save files and etc. before trying to play through again, and I've made sure to use a clean rom each time, so I know that's not the problem.)

Dratii

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    I can't even get out of the city the old people are still there after I beat the gym

Never mind solved.

^^^^^^That happens to mine too^^^^^^^^^^

Last edited:

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    People are actually posting in this? 0_o
    I have a question, is it possible to get a Moon Stone in this hack? I haven´t found any until now, and I need it to evolve one of my pokemon...
    You can find at least one in Mt Perin.

Is there a HM flash if so does any one know where it is?
    Flash is not going to be used in the game. Flash sucks. You will not be required to use it ever. What do you need it for anyway?

I thought I remember dshayabusa say to you that he would make his own help thread for Genesis. :\
    I was but I really couldn't be bothered so I gave prince112 permission to open this again. :P

I'm just curious about if anyone else has run into this...
    After beating the 2nd gym, and going south to leave the city, I can go down and see the pokeball with the Cut HM inside, but I'm having a problem with the fact that my rival is in the way. If I try to battle him, the screen goes black, though the battle music continues to play.

I've tried re-patching, re-downloading the patch, as well as using a different rom, but the same problem keeps happening. (I did delete my old save files and etc. before trying to play through again, and I've made sure to use a clean rom each time, so I know that's not the problem.)
    I've uploaded a fixed fixed beta 2 on my Genesis thread. You don't have to restart just use your old save states.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2008
    Hey why is it that after I beat the second gym, the old people are still blocking my way south? I patched it with the latest beta and loaded my old savestate, but they're still there?
    Help's greatly appreciated.

Great work by the way, best hack I've ever played.

Dratii

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Flash is not going to be used in the game. Flash sucks. You will not be required to use it ever. What do you need it for anyway?

I just wanted it to get through the mountain because I had to go through it 3 times from not remembering to save. Does not matter though I finish the mountain now.

Maybe you might want to make it un-dark.

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    I just wanted it to get through the mountain because I had to go through it 3 times from not remembering to save. Does not matter though I finish the mountain now.

Maybe you might want to make it un-dark.
    Uh, what? Which mountain is this? I don't remember making a mountain that needed flash.

Dratii

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Sorry you have changed it in the fixed, fixed beta.

Years
    im pretty stuck and confused,

i get out ofmy house and get my pokemon and return to my house and there's a women battling me with her chansey.

also i cannot challenge nor enter the 1st gym??

Years
    Freeze

After beating the second gym, and im going to continue south, im coming to a cave with a tree in front of it, when i cut the tree, the game freezes. What to do? And it also freezes in that cave in latim city, when youre supposed to go and get a little girl, and she says she's being hunted by a monster or something.

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    im pretty stuck and confused,

i get out ofmy house and get my pokemon and return to my house and there's a women battling me with her chansey.

also i cannot challenge nor enter the 1st gym??
    You need the new fixed beta, it'll be the .zip file in the thread.

After beating the second gym, and im going to continue south, im coming to a cave with a tree in front of it, when i cut the tree, the game freezes. What to do? And it also freezes in that cave in latim city, when youre supposed to go and get a little girl, and she says she's being hunted by a monster or something.
    Sounds like a bad patching problem. Try patching the rom to a clean FR rom. You do not need to restart the game.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2012
    Just a question but do you ever get a sunstone? (I really want a bellossom Hehe) ( Also CODE GEASS ROCKS)

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Just a question but do you ever get a sunstone? (I really want a bellossom Hehe) ( Also CODE GEASS ROCKS)
    I don't think there are any sun stones in beta 2. You will be able to get a couple in beta 3 though. And yeah, it totally does.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back